Halo 4 Weapon/Armor Skins

KiwiiKidd

Just wondering the speculation you guys have about Halo 4 weapon and Armor skins.

Now lets get down to buisiness, Do you guys think that Armor skins will be armor specific (as in you will have to unlock skins for each set of armor) or do you think that once a skin is unlocked it will transfer to all other armor or might even be specific to that set alone. e.g. Forest skin is exclusive to Hazop armor, Web : CIO armor ect. (I know that would be weird with armor customization but I just want to know your thoughts as well as my own) aswell as Weapon Skins do you believe that you will have to unlock skins per weapon and some skins will be weapon specific aswell? or do you think that once a skin is unlocked it will be unlocked for all starting weapons and or all weapons have same skins but must be unlocked individually?

I would like to know all your thoughts on the subject.

(That is provided anyone looks at it or takes the time to comment but if you do I would like to know your opinions on the matter).

post-30957-0-70637400-1347366013_thumb.jpg

Personally i don't even like the premise. Weopon Skins? Even games that are far closer to CoD in gameplay don't have weapon skins. Gears of War 3's skins were only decoration not proper camofladge. and some of the skins are plain ugly, like that yellow and blue shown above for armour. After the complaints of Halo: Reach adding to much CoD charateristics in to its gameplay, you would think that they would look at and see that why don't we just add more parts the player can choose to add a colour to his/her Spartan. Adding fancy patterns is not the answer.

• Like 1

Personally i don't even like the premise. Weopon Skins? Even games that are far closer to CoD in gameplay don't have weapon skins. Gears of War 3's skins were only decoration not proper camofladge. and some of the skins are plain ugly, like that yellow and blue shown above for armour. After the complaints of Halo: Reach adding to much CoD charateristics in to its gameplay, you would think that they would look at and see that why don't we just add more parts the player can choose to add a colour to his/her Spartan. Adding fancy patterns is not the answer.

you know dude i thought the same thing when the premise was first shown to me, i thought weapon skins are kind of CODish. and COD is not the first and probably not the last game to have the weapon skin idea, but the weapon skins were pretty ugly (in COD4 they were the worst but hav'nt improved much on that) but the armor skins i found quite intreguing as even when everyone has every armor piece and if you happen to run into someone wearing the same armor (not that it matters but still) you may be wearing a different skin.. it just adds that little bit more customization.

I would simply prefer if just let players add more colours to their armour rather than these patterns. there was 3 colour slots for your armour in halo 3, But only two in halo reach. being able to give a different colour to each shoulder or wrist or seperate head and body colours, that would be staying true to the halo custimization we are used to, simple, yet satisfying. And adding it to weapons is just cod end of.

yeah man i see where you are coming from and hopefully you can color the skins how you please or that would be pretty ******* stupid and nobody would use it.. i see the skins as a improved customisable decal like the third option in Halo 3. and despite the individual colours idea it sounds good but in the long run i dont see it working sure people might want to put a pattern on their armor or whatever but in the end most of it would end up looking horrific and you would end up having to change about 6+ different things individually just to view your spartan in a different colour set. I guess thats where the skins come in. so that the player can have the patterns on their character without too much hassle taking players away from the gameplay element of the game to **** around with their characters asthetics for hours on end. I mean people will do that anyway from time to time but in the end it would take too much time for players to make simple things (like a fully blue spartan, then changing your mind and altering it to red you would have to sift through maybe 12 different colour swatches just to see if it looks good)

good idea but impractical in the long run. (thats just my opinion obviously, hopefully more people join the discussion and make good points too).

No the armor skins are not armor specific. They come in "pieces" so each set of rmor skin has a shoulder, helmet, chest, legs, and arms. They come in "pieces" so that they can fit other armors that may be physically bigger or smaller. The weapon skins however are indeed weapon specific.

There are two weapon skins for each armor that can be unlocked in the first 1-50 levels. Than there is an exclusive weapon skin for a specific weapon for each Specialization that you rank up. Also there are the weapon skins from the LE, and Console editions, and the EB Games Canada Pre-Order bonus.

No the armor skins are not armor specific. They come in "pieces" so each set of rmor skin has a shoulder, helmet, chest, legs, and arms. They come in "pieces" so that they can fit other armors that may be physically bigger or smaller.

Dude thats cool, so are you saying that you can mix and match skins? like a different piece for each shoulder or is it just shoulders in general would have the same one? as well as mixing them you mean like you could use the Web for the chest piece, Forest for the legs ect. and you can mix and match them and all that?

Call of Duty is not the only game to have weapon skins. You don't have to use them, you don't have to look at them, so why are you complaining about them? Adding more customization is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Wait are you talking about me or the other guy? i just want to make it clear that I love the idea, and i said before

COD is not the first and probably not the last game to have the weapon skin idea.

I actually like the idea of armor skins better than the weapon skins, but i dont mind the idea and the beauty of the thing is that if you dont like them you can just keep the plain skin on the weapon and it doesnt matter at all.

I do not know if you ca mix and match skins...I would think that since they come in "pieces" that perhaps you can. But I dont think that has been confirmed yet. I think they come in "Pieces" so that they can physically fit all sizes of armor seeing as some shoulders are bigger than others (shaped differently etc.). But who knows

yeah man i see where you are coming from and hopefully you can color the skins how you please or that would be pretty ******* stupid and nobody would use it.. i see the skins as a improved customisable decal like the third option in Halo 3. and despite the individual colours idea it sounds good but in the long run i dont see it working sure people might want to put a pattern on their armor or whatever but in the end most of it would end up looking horrific and you would end up having to change about 6+ different things individually just to view your spartan in a different colour set. I guess thats where the skins come in. so that the player can have the patterns on their character without too much hassle taking players away from the gameplay element of the game to **** around with their characters asthetics for hours on end. I mean people will do that anyway from time to time but in the end it would take too much time for players to make simple things (like a fully blue spartan, then changing your mind and altering it to red you would have to sift through maybe 12 different colour swatches just to see if it looks good)

good idea but impractical in the long run. (thats just my opinion obviously, hopefully more people join the discussion and make good points too).

you could add a change all, simple

I would also like to say that the rank up system and credit system should be a seperate thing. so halo 3 ranking with the halo reach credit earning

you could add a change all, simple

I would also like to say that the rank up system and credit system should be a seperate thing. so halo 3 ranking with the halo reach credit earning

then there would be no use for credits? as credits are pretty much xp now and you dont buy armor anymore im pretty sure you earn it.

also guys on the armor skin topic. I saw a video showing all of the armor currently available, and armor skins are a different piece of armor altogether. like the recruit with pulse skin is a different helmet called "recruit Pulse" (so i am assuming that armor skins are just the pre-order only bonuses and wont be a very common thing). But each armor set has its own skin pattern on it anyway so it wont make much of a difference (just alternative patterns for the armor you have the skin for).

The skins in Halo 4 are also only for decoration, not camoflage.

So, of course i see the point for the armor skins. There seem to be quite a few of them and you can customize the colors, obviously.

But after a bit of thinking, why include weapon skins? They can't be there to let you have more of your own style because for that, there are too few of them. And from what i know you can't even change colors here. So it looks nice, but i don't get the point.

The skins in Halo 4 are also only for decoration, not camoflage.

So, of course i see the point for the armor skins. There seem to be quite a few of them and you can customize the colors, obviously.

But after a bit of thinking, why include weapon skins? They can't be there to let you have more of your own style because for that, there are too few of them. And from what i know you can't even change colors here. So it looks nice, but i don't get the point.

Agreed. Halo is not a game to use weapon/armour skins in like i said, they should give you the choice to choose to colour certain parts of your armour more bearth and so you can choose more than two armour colours, seperate legs lower body, upper body upper arms, lower arms, helmet and add a change all option to speed up the process.

I really hope that the skins can be placed on multiple armors. It is my intention to have the forest skin on the scout armor, I just thought that the forest skin was being shown on the hazop armor as a demonstration. I will be so dissapointed if the skins are tied to a specific armor set.

It's just something to give you a little more options really, Battlefield has recently started adding weapon skins too: It's just purely cosmetic and doesn't effect the gameplay so I'm not sure why people are saying it's a bad thing.

Are you not happy that you can now express your personality even more than before?

It's just something to give you a little more options really, Battlefield has recently started adding weapon skins too: It's just purely cosmetic and doesn't effect the gameplay so I'm not sure why people are saying it's a bad thing.

Are you not happy that you can now express your personality even more than before?

It's not the gameplay, it's the notion, to many games are following CoDs new gaming 'laws' and, unfortunatly, it looks like Halo will add skins to it's game, (Sigh)....