Why are elites fighting the UNSC again?

OrangeSpartan

This has possibility if you read glasslands and explains how this could of happened. In glasslands (after the human covenant war) there is a feud commencing with all the Sangheili Kaidon (high ranked elites) on what their next move should be after leaving the San’Shyuum (prophets). The arbiter wants to have a truce with the Humans so their people can rebuild on their homeworld after being so dependent on the covenants forces to grown their food and livestock. He wants them to be able to learn Agriculture, Architecture, Farming, etc. Some of the Kaidon such as Jul’Mdama believe they need to strike the humans now and wipe them out before they can spread to their other colony planets and gain strength faster then the elites and wipe them out. there is division within the planet and certain uprisings are being formed secretly by some sangheili monks of which want the same as Jul’Mdama. We do not know if they are ever able to attack and im not going to spoil the book but if the monks take power then they would form their fleets back up and use whatever resources available which i wont spoil either where they could come from. Hope this made sense to whom ever reads it icon_smile.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The elite's who helped you in halo 3 were the so called rebel elites. There are still numerous of elites out there that are still loyal to the prophets or enemies of the UNSC. The elite's you encounter in halo 4 are part of a group called The Storm (to my understanding) which is a collection of covenant species.

As I have previously explained, there are basically two groups of elites. Those that realized the prophets lies, and turned against them, and those that refused to believe that the prophets were traitors, and still fought alongside them. I believe it is a mission in Halo 3, where you fight the still loyal elites while playing as the arbiter and his squad of elites.

This makes it clear that the elites we fight in Halo 4 are the ones still loyal to the prophets.