Vehicle Boarding Idea

BigMartin58

I came up with this Idea that, if someone boards your vehicle, it will tell you to press a button at a very specific time. It will show up for less than a second, and if you are ready to press it, and you press it on-time, you will do something to the other player to keep them for stealing your vehicle, allowing you to keep your vehicle AND causing damage to the other player. It would also depend on which direction they boarded you from.

Examples:

Driver's Seat:

Warthog - Dodge punch, punch back

Scorpion (Button shows every time punched)- Open hatch, Pull them into cockpit, shoot head with gun

Wraith (Button shows every time punched) - Same as Scorpion

Spectre - Grabs Rifle, hits with gun, then shoots

Passenger Seat:

Warthog - Punch

Spectre - Dodge grab, stands, kicks off

Gunner's Seat:

Warthog - Kicks off

Spectre - Kicks off

Scorpion - Dodge grab, shoots with chaingun

Wraith - Dodge grab, shoots with plasma gun

Front of Vehicle (Single seated vehicles):

Banshee - Grab leg and throw them off

Mongoose - Punch

Chopper (If in Game) - Punch leg, tripping them, causing them to fall into grinder/wheel

There could be more, but I was just giving an example. Tell me what you think!

I think Vehicle campers would just get used to it. It isn't really cool when someone practices in Custom Games all day then owns everyone who tries to take them out. It's a flawed idea, but if it was like an overpowering method such as GoW's Lancer duels, it could work. Having them able to knock you off with a single button press is OP itself.

For all of the above.. do a barrel roll.

I do not agree with this. It would be cool to look at but it is just not fair. If anything i say you should be able to crush them. For example. If you are driving the warthog and someone hijacks you. If you react quickly enough you can stter the warthog so that you can smash them into the wall. I also think that the hojack animation should go for a longer time if this were to happen.

Also. What is the spectre?

Don't really like this idea. Vehicle boarding is rare enough, once it happens, each player should get what they deserve, a boot or a new seat.

Would be interesting if you could either choose to take their seat or chuck a grenade in and just jump off though.

Don't really like this idea. Vehicle boarding is rare enough, once it happens, each player should get what they deserve, a boot or a new seat.

Would be interesting if you could either choose to take their seat or chuck a grenade in and just jump off though.

i agree with this. It takes perfect timing and possibly a plasma pistol to hijack a vehicle to begin with. Players should get what they deserve if they time their hijacks correctly. And as said above, it will only increase vehicle camping

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting. I would not mind having this ingame. It would be a smart way to get rid of hijackers becaus in previous game you couldn't defend yourself and you would have to rely on others to help you. Now this you have a way to defend yourself against your opponents.