First Person Vehicles and Assanations

StraightUpGM

Opinion About First Person  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do you Think About First Person

• First Person Sounds Awesome
    • First Person Sounds Bad

First person in vehicles is a bad idea as it severely limits your field of vision. Even assuming most of your screen wasn't taken up with the front of the vehicle, you'd still have a much narrower sightline and it would be much harder to work out where you are in relation to other things. For passengers, it would be much harder to aim and acquire targets as from your own perspective everything would be moving much faster, and again you'd have a lot less situational awareness.

As for assassinations, having them in first-person defeats the point of having the animation in the first place. Just do a regular melee if you want a kill in first person: what's the point of doing an elaborate, extended kill animation if you can't see it?

• Like 6

First person in vehicles is a bad idea as it severely limits your field of vision. Even assuming most of your screen wasn't taken up with the front of the vehicle, you'd still have a much narrower sightline and it would be much harder to work out where you are in relation to other things. For passengers, it would be much harder to aim and acquire targets as from your own perspective everything would be moving much faster, and again you'd have a lot less situational awareness.

As for assassinations, having them in first-person defeats the point of having the animation in the first place. Just do a regular melee if you want a kill in first person: what's the point of doing an elaborate, extended kill animation if you can't see it?

^this says it all

• Like 2

While 3rd person works fine for the most part, the option to turn on/off 'first person vehicle' and/or 'first person assassinations' would be a cool and simple little addition.

Not simple to add, however. Adding Elites to be playable if they are not already playable in forge and custom games is a huge addition. Same for toggling first and third person modes. I still wish for it to be available as an option. Maybe I like to shoot in 1st person in the passenger of a hog? Or maybe I'd like to gun in first person?

well thats why it would just be an option to be ABLE to see in fps, like a click of a button for 3rd person view and again for fps, but then again it would be a very bumpy ride atleast with warthogs if you remember from halo CE when the passenger saw as FPS. it was sometimes almost impossible to aim. also to see from fps perspective from ALL the vehicles would take alot more work 343, which could end up that the games release date shoots up abit.

Though a very fun andd cool option in my opinion. :)

• 4 weeks later...

First person view in vehicles wouldn't feel like Halo anymore to me. And it would decrease your ability to see what's going on around you. So a no to that.

First person assassinations sounds like a better idea in comparison to the driving. But when i look at the idea alone, why would i want a 1st person assassination? I think Bungie made a good job with the assassination animations and Halo 4 did too from what i've seen so far. And i want to be able to enjoy seeing those without having to jump into a theater lobby first