such a shame bloom

Fraggy Muffin

i really cant believe that they plan on putting bloom in halo 4 granted im not that read up on what it will be like but have they learned nothing?. reachs major failure was bloom, you cant have a game that revolves around accuracy and then have guns that make it extremly annoying to hit anything. you may say well slow down but even slowed down every now and then shots dont go where you want them too and you die not because your aiming is bad. the reticle is directly over the guys head pull the trigger and roll the dice it works in call of duty because the kill times are very very short and accuracy is important anywhere on the body is fine.

Its such a shame they have put bloom in again people have told me it resets really fast but thats not the point bloom is a bad mechanic for a game based on accuracy. also if it resets so fast why put it in anyway.

imo i dont like all the loadouts and aa's they are adding but can except them as i understand they have to add something new to the halo series to keep it fresh but bloom is such a bad gameplay mechanic that ruins the game and doesnt make it flow well. when i heard i couldnt belive they had added it in again

It is not that bloom will be there, it is the amount of it. Since it has been in all games of the series, but much more notable in Reach, it does not mean they will repeat the same value Reach had. They listened to the community and significantly reduced it for TU and removed it in some other cases.

• Like 1

Does the DMR has bloom? I hear it has some sort of mini-recoil, but nothing to worry about.

It does have bloom but it is a lot smaller and less prevalent than the bloom on it in Reach. For the most part you should be able to go around playing the game anyway you see fit and not be affected about it.

I think that AD hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer here.

i really cant believe that they plan on putting bloom in halo 4 granted im not that read up on what it will be like but have they learned nothing?. reachs major failure was bloom, you cant have a game that revolves around accuracy and then have guns that make it extremly annoying to hit anything. you may say well slow down but even slowed down every now and then shots dont go where you want them too and you die not because your aiming is bad. the reticle is directly over the guys head pull the trigger and roll the dice it works in call of duty because the kill times are very very short and accuracy is important anywhere on the body is fine.

Its such a shame they have put bloom in again people have told me it resets really fast but thats not the point bloom is a bad mechanic for a game based on accuracy. also if it resets so fast why put it in anyway.

imo i dont like all the loadouts and aa's they are adding but can except them as i understand they have to add something new to the halo series to keep it fresh but bloom is such a bad gameplay mechanic that ruins the game and doesnt make it flow well. when i heard i couldnt belive they had added it in again

Every Halo Game has had bloom in it, and it's to protect people from DMR and Battle rifle spammers, the DMR and battle rifle already have a hardcore aim assist. 343i listened to the forums complaining about bloom ( something Bungie didn't do, thank you Bungie), and created the TU ( to see if bloom should be removed or not). 343i then made us vote on TU or vanilla team slayer by choosing which we want to play in the Team Slayer Playlist. Eventually during the voting 343i made the TU choice appear up top ( first instead of third nearby none of the above) most likely because TU was not being picked. Once the voting was done 343i did not release the results, instead they said that many people in the community wanted to play both games ( "sigh"). So TU was given it's own playlist called super slayer ( reduced bloom), and there was a playlist called Zero Bloom but it was removed ( for being one of the least played playlists). Why 343i didn't release the results I don't know ( most likely because TU lost), but after seeing the results of a zero bloom playlist 343i probably decided it's best to keep bloom ( thank you 343i).

I think the people that hate the bloom hate it because they can't DMR spam from across the map to scavenge kills without pacing their shots.

if i had my way dmr wouldnt be in halo and shooting across map with no bloom is stupid. br had spread which was fine but at close - mid range my br shots went where i pointed my gun. there is nothing more annoying than kids who you say "spamming br" yea that was the real flaw in the br during halo 2 and halo 3 xbl all you heard was "damn this br is badly designed all this kids spamming the br to get cheap kills they need to pace" why would you ever fire the br at its max rate of fire its not spamming its called shooting the gun

• 1 month later...

From what I heard, 343 sought to get rid of bloom since Reach. I don't think they will even include it in Halo 4. Go watch the gameplay videos. I haven't seen one weapon with bloom yet. Like my predecessors have said, the BR is back and it is bloom free and to me that's all that matters considering I favor it over the DMR.

Clutch...that was awesome and well said. Simplicity is always best. The biggest change that everyone will have to make is not bloom, but the z-up error the Battlerifle will have. We all got so used to precision weapons only erroring the shots, not recoiling up. many people are going to easily forget that with every trigger pull, the reticule will move upward like the SMG. I can't to see the raging at that one in the heat of an unexpected battle..lmao