Why the Didact will be a Good Guy in Halo 4

Did4ct

Ok. I was somewhat responding to The Director as well. Faber executed the Didact, but the Didact gave his 'imprint' to Bornstellar, which basically transformed him into the Didact. I remember your topic and voted that he would seem like a bad guy at first and then it would be shown that he is actually good.

when he gave his imprint to bornstellar, that just gave him all of the Didacts thoughts, memories, tactics, ect. Im pretty sure that bornstellar eventually became 343 giuilty spark. am i right??

No that was Chakas the human

oh, thanks for the correction. i was thinking the wrong character but same book. but i thought that after the Didact was supposedly executed, he led a fleet of forerunners against Mendicant Bias( if that was the AI that rebelled). Its been a while since i read the books

oh, thanks for the correction. i was thinking the wrong character but same book. but i thought that after the Didact was supposedly executed, he led a fleet of forerunners against Mendicant Bias( if that was the AI that rebelled). Its been a while since i read the books

Yes he created Offensive Bias but him and his Prometheans were not at the battle. He let Offensive Bias control a fleet of ship's to fight Mendicant Bias.

Yes he created Offensive Bias but him and his Prometheans were not at the battle. He let Offensive Bias control a fleet of ship's to fight Mendicant Bias.

oh thank you, i need to remember the important stuff from the books.im just getting a little confused now. Is Didact that could be in halo the original Didact, or will it be bornstellar??

oh thank you, i need to remember the important stuff from the books.im just getting a little confused now. Is Didact that could be in halo the original Didact, or will it be bornstellar??

It can only be Bornstellar because Faber had the old Didact killed. But Bornstellar is basically the Didact just in a different body.

P-1609: It appears that they knock him out, not kill him.

Victory Element: I think that it will be Bornstellar's body (since the real Didact was executed by Faber), but the Didact's imprint apparently transferred his consciousness into Bornstellar, making him a reincarnation of the Didact just like Drizzy_Dan said.

Victory Element: I think that it will be Bornstellar's body (since the real Didact was executed by Faber), but the Didact's imprint apparently transferred his consciousness into Bornstellar, making him a reincarnation of the Didact just like Drizzy_Dan said.

i didnt know that his consciousness was part of the imprint of the Didact. thanks for the fact. it makes the idea of the Didact easier to understand

i didnt know that his consciousness was part of the imprint of the Didact. thanks for the fact. it makes the idea of the Didact easier to understand

Yeah, it's safe to assume that Bornstellar is the full-fledged Didact

I agree it's possible Didact will be an ally. I would think Didact will be similar to the Arbitor in Halo 2. He starts off as an enemy of sorts, then becomes a frenemy at the end of Halo 4 due to a larger threat (such as Master Builder or a Precursor). Halo 5 he becomes a full ally. I also believe the reason the Master Chief is knocked out is in order to activate or release a forerunner from it's cryptom or prison. Since they still call MC reclaimer in the trailer, his significance to an AI or enemy will be to activate something. But for Halo 4, Didact will start off as an enemy for sure. Whether he's the main protagonist for the trilogy or not remains to be seen.

now i'm starting to get a new theory. Maybe the didact will start as an enemy while cortana is getting closer to her death. since he is a forerunner, he could probably repair cortana, so Chief would have to try to form a truce with the didact to save cortana. The didadct wouldnt comply and would continue to be a threat to chief. Then, 343 guilty spark arrives on requiem, along with the librarian. The librarian feels sympathy for chief and convinces the didact to save cortana. After that, the librarian continues to counsel the didact until he eventually becomes an ally to master chief. any thoughts?

Still, knocking him out, is a form of Attacking him

In one of the books I think it says that the new didact is his own person. At one point he was two (Bornstellar and the Didact), but eventually he acquired one personality which he says is his own.

I also imagine that he will be on our side. This is based off of everything you said, my knowledge of the forerunners, and the way he said "I have been waiting on this day reclaimer." The way the didact said that seems to me like he thinks that you are on his side.

i think this is funny because i thought he said it in an evil-sounding way...... so we're thinking complete opposites. but i respect your opinion and im open to different views on this topic

If the Didact controls the Prometheans then most of Spartan Ops wouldn't make sense...

Now, how about the Prometheans are being controlled by the las Precursor and the Didact wants to stop him?

ya i agree. the prometheans have only been refered to as enemies by 343i....so the didact could be good, but not control the prometheans, or the Didact does lead them and is an enemy

Well if you've noticed, there are actually two different colors of the Promethean enemies: one faction is orange and one is blue. Josh Holme actually addressed this subject in an interview, which I'll post later when I'm not on mobile, and says there is a reason for it do it may brew possible that the Didact controls one faction and "the ancient evil" controls the other

Well if you've noticed, there are actually two different colors of the Promethean enemies: one faction is orange and one is blue. Josh Holme actually addressed this subject in an interview, which I'll post later when I'm not on mobile, and says there is a reason for it do it may brew possible that the Didact controls one faction and "the ancient evil" controls the other

this sounds like a good theory. that would also make it a four-way fight between blue prometheans, orange prometheans, humans and covenant. but i did notice that the blue prometheans still have the orange glow in their weapons. I thought that maybe in mutiplayer, the color of the glow would change depending on your team color, but i guess not

Another reason that proves that the Didact is a good guy

Even if he controls the orange ones, he clearly doesn't kill Chief

wow, we always seem to find each other in a lot of deeep halo discussion........but we never seem to agree. I like that you have knowledge of these very important topics but for once i want to be on the same side!! :wallbash:

• Like 1