Halo: The Master Chief Collection Information Thread
(In case you couldn't find the news anywhere else.)
Below this text will be all the knowledge we have so far. (We as in the gamers)
DISCLAIMER: All of the content below does NOT belong to me, as they are a trade mark of Microsoft and 343 Industries, the owners of the Halo series.
The videos don't necessarily need to be viewed, but are there in case anyone has missed them.
a. All multiplayer maps from Halo: CE, 2 (PC), 3, and 4 are going to be available.
B. Remastered Halo 2 Maps
RTX-2014-Halo-2-Anniversary-Coagulation-Concept-Art-Expanse-jpg.jpg 100.26KB 3 downloads
jpg.jpg 34.13KB 1 downloads
sdcc-2014-halo-2-anniversary-zanzibar-concept-art-wind-wheel.jpg 155.17KB 3 downloads
sdcc-2014-halo-2-anniversary-zanzibar-sea-wall.jpg 138.41KB 3 downloads
gamescom-2014-halo-2-anniversary-establishing-sanctuary-ancient-secrets-3471f20f638248b1a3cfec60203763e2.jpg 83.37KB 3 downloads gamescom-2014-halo-2-anniversary-establishing-sanctuary-tomb-of-heroes-457ebc4045554ff38d06c30ffa69da53.jpg 91.26KB 3 downloads
pax-2014-halo-2-anniversary-lockout-lift-42154c8535754b20a925c85540464ad4.jpg 88.91KB 3 downloads pax-2014-halo-2-anniversary-lockout-elbow-e2ba13ef2a474ebd9468340139c7f6d0.jpg 84.39KB 3 downloads
2683293-tmcc-halo-2-anniversary-warlock-establishing-secrets-of-the-dead.jpg 98.11KB 0 downloads halo-the-master-chief-collection.jpg 106.83KB 0 downloads
C. Playable Characters
a. Will feature Spartans
Halo-2-Anniversary-Multiplayer-Spartan-Armor-2.jpg 133.47KB 1 downloads
Halo-2-Anniversary-Multiplayer-Spartan-Armor-3.jpg 168.98KB 1 downloads
b. Will feature Elites
5Tcsqox.jpg 131.63KB 1 downloads
D. Returning Features
a. Dual Wield
b. Button combos like BxR in the original H2 multiplayer
c. Elites will return as previously stated
E. New Features
1. Director's Cut
gungoose2.jpg 39.97KB 1 downloads
b. Assault Rifle
c. Speed Boost
d. Silenced SMG
e. And many more!! (Literally what it said at RTX 2014)
a. Forge will be available in Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
b. Character customization is confirmed, just no direct news with it.
c. Custom games will be making a return.
a. Will have all four games running on their original engines.
b. will have specific playlists for certain games or gametypes.
c. Halo 2 Anniversary will run on a completely different engine.
A. New to old has been confirmed - Will happen instantly, even during cut scenes.
B. Everything will run at 1080p and at 60fps.
1. Campaign won't run at 1080p/60fps so far due to technical forks in the road.
III. Single Player
A. Will feature skulls + Special Pre-order skulls.
Pre-order skulls include:
1. Grunt Funeral skull from BestBuy.
2. Bandana Skull from GameStop
3. Pinata Skull from Amazon
4. Bonded Pair Skull from ShopTo
B. The Cutscenes
1. Rumored to have extended cutscenes - Not completely confirmed. - Thanks Self Destruct
NOTE: Pre-order skulls will be unlocked to all users sometime after the games release.
1. Halo 2 Anniversary will feature Terminals to learn about the Arbiters past.
2. Halo 4 is also rumored to be using Terminals to connect Halo 4 to Halo 5.
NOTE: Terminals must be accessed by having an internet connection.
C. Campaign Missions
1. All of the missions will be unlocked at the start, so you can jump from one mission to another.
D. Mission Playlists
1. Will feature playlists such as Vehicular Missions, Arbiter Missions, or Chief Missions, etc.
IV. User Interface
1. Will feature universal controls. This will give the player the ability to set individual controls for one game or for all of them.
B. Player ID - Not covered yet
1. Extras will lead you to the menu to watch Halo: Nightfall or play the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer beta.
V. Release Date
US - November 11th, 2014. (11/11/14)
Europe - November 14th, 2014. (11/14/14)
[Included in MCC] Halo: Nightfall Release - At launch.
[Included in MCC] Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Release - December 27th, 2014. (12/27/14)
VI. Extra Details
1. Original glitches should all still be in the original Halo 2 engine, but will be gone in the Halo 2 Anniversary Edition (Stated by Frank O' Connor at SDCC Dev Panel)
This may or may not ship with:
a. Text to help achieve these glitches
b. Text to explain why these glitches exist, how they happened
(Thanks Self Destruct for the Gameplay section info)
c. Frank O' Connor plans on trying to 'educate' players about the glitches in MP, but doesn't mention campaign. They want the experience just as it was ten years ago. - SDCC MCC Panel
NOTE: The two possibilities above are rumored as of now, and we have to wait until further notice for more info.
2. Will ship out with 4000 Gamerscore - Confirmed at the E3 Microsoft Press Conference.
a. Some achievements are getting quick fixes.
b. Expect to see some brand new ones to.
(Fact two of Gameplay was also confirmed at the SDCC: MCC Panel.)
3. Skulls (More refined information - Thanks to Self Destruct)
a. Will ship with over 30 game modifying skulls
b. Original Halo 2 skulls may be counting as part of the 30+. But they are still there because of glitch reinforcement.
(Spoken about at the SDCC: MCC Panel)
4. Other information
1. Xbox One exclusive - Sorry Xbox 360/PC gamers.
2. Cutscenes being redone by Blur Studios. (Made Halo: Wars' cutscenes)
3. Will be $60 USD at launch. Good deal if you ask me!
4. Halo 5: Guardians will NOT feature dual wielding although not impossible. SDCC MCC Panel
(May be in a future title - Halo 3 Anniversary anyone?)
SPECIAL: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Weapons
Ixz7IUu.png 77.56KB 0 downloads
OddPBlu.png 80.47KB 0 downloads
DaNRdel.png 81.33KB 0 downloads
5DkrhzE.png 105.68KB 0 downloads
5HARYzB.png 70.29KB 0 downloads
Jklc9k8.png 95.12KB 0 downloads
Halo 2 Anniversary Cinematics Trailer (Contains mild language)
343 Industries Panel @ RTX 2014 (May contain mild language)
Halo 2 Anniversary Terminals Trailer
Halo: The Master Chief Collection E3 2014 Trailer
Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Trailer
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Dev Panel - SDCC 2014 (Contains Mild Language)
Lockout Remaster Slayer Match
Halo 3: Updated Look
Halo 2 Anniversary - Zanzibar/Delta Halo/GUNGOOSE
(I hope I fixed the video - It was reuploaded)
Self Destruct - Pinata Skull/Bonded Pair Skull/Halo 2/4 Terminals needing internet access.
Cooliest - Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta is included with the MCC.
Did I miss something, or did you find more information? Post it down below and I will add it to the OP. Thanks! - TDW
Edited by Bits n Pieces, 09 November 2014 - 09:09 AM.