TGFW OS Operation: ICARUS

Buns

jgIoWW7.jpg

"Now is our chance to fight back. The GDR greatly underestimate what we are capable of; our numbers may be small and our resources scare but believe me brothers. This war is ours!"

-Moral inducing speech from Operation briefing-

Great work. All of you! We are successful repelling and invading GDR forces and have managed with minimal casualties! If we keep this up we can end the war and finally bring the peace and freedom this galaxy deserves.

This is going to be the most difficult operation yet. Due to the success on repelling GDR Opertaion: Return To Sender we have gotten hold on interesting location data on a list of secure GDR Shipyard facilities. Their fleet is massive compared to ours and this is our chance to level the playing field.

I must warn all of you though. This will be the most difficult of battles yet.

The operation will begin on

August 3rd

2:30 PM EST

Game: Halo Reach

(Yes my Halo Reach will work this time. I have it planned out)

Down below is all the data we have and current mission plans. Best of luck troops.

300px-HaloReach_-_Boneyard.jpg

Invasion Slayer - Boneyard

This is their ship repairing facility. If we can manage to successfully demolish this place any further starship casualty  the GDR receive can mean that ship is out of business for good. 

300px-HaloReach_-_Countdown.jpg

CTF - Countdown

The GDR are testing a new prototype fighter built with Forerunner weaponry. Based on current stolen information a squadron of these can tear a whole through our fleet. The good news for us is that they only have enough materials for one prototype. Let's infiltrate the facility and take this for our own.

250px-HaloReach_-_Sword_Base.jpg

Assault - Sword Base

Not that long ago one of our SpecOps team were able to successfully map out this secret GDR facility. If we can place charges on carefully selected areas we can bring the whole place crumbling to the ground. SwordBase is known for their research and value to the GDR fleet so expect to meet heavy resistance   

If the GDR win then the next event will be taking place again on Halo Reach!

If the OS win the next event will take place on Halo 4!

Thank you all so much for being patient and waiting for the next TGFW Event to roll around. This time things are going into full swing and expect more events then ever before during this month! Sorry if the time is bad for most of you, but their is another event happening earlier in the day and I did not want to conflict with it. 

Next event is: August 9th(with some surprise events sprinkled before)

• Like 9

Still a little late for GMT, but I might be able to make this one. I'll update on the day.

The only reason its late for GMT is because your event is happening earlier, and I didn't want to start this one as soon as yours finished. I wanted to give people a break inbetween since too much Halo is no fun. 

If people keep up with these "late for GMT comments" I might just explode. 

• Like 1

This is not gmt friendly. At least for me it isn't. This takes place around 12:15 am for me and its another event with a small chance I will be able to join. And of course Reach is my least favorite MP in the world. Maybe I'll join, but the chance is small. Have fun people.

Bnus, next time try not to use a name for an event that has been in a game etc. http://mirrorsedge.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Icarus

Like Operation: Trapdoor, it was originally named Operation: Torpedo which was an Operation conducted by the UNSC, the thread title was later changed to Operation: Trapdoor.

It doesn't really matter though, it's just the name of an operation that's based on a video game. 

Well maybe games shouldn't use Ancient greek or roman stories for their project names.

Lol.

Well, I should be able to make this one. Afaik anyways. Might end up doing work on the basement though. Don't know for sure.

Now with the time change, I won't be able to make it >.<

Won't be home :/

Edited by Zaguroth

Ahhh, damn can't take part in this one as my Reach literally melted. That's right I said MELTED, don't judge me ;).

...How in the hell did it melt? I mean I have seen Microwaved discs, but all they did was shatter and crack to Oblivion.

(P.S.)

~GDR: Cmon m8. Fite me this time plz.~