Community TeleForge

Community TeleForge

Do you enjoy the Community? Do you enjoy seeing what your friends do on Halo? Do you enjoy showing off the great things you make in Forge? Do you enjoy playing Halo with friends?

If you answered "Yes" to any of the above questions, this is for you! But what is it? I'm glad you asked!

Community TeleForge is a project in which the community systematically forges a community-made map (literally). Now how does this work?

As a community, we shall decide upon a forge canvas to begin with. Afterwards, one appointed member will create a new map, and place up to 7 Forge pieces, and delete all spawning group object pre-placed on the map. This member will then upload the file to their fileshare, and name it something generic (such as Community TF1). Here on the forums shall be a list of members that are participating in the project. The next member on the list shall download the map add/move/delete up to 10 objects and pass on the map, just as the previous member did. This will continue until the map is deemed finished by the community. Members may get together if they are next to each other on the list and add the cumulative number of objects they are normally allotted.

As the map progresses, members are free to discuss plans for the map and decisions together. Posting pictures of the progress of the map, and discussing with other members about what to build or focus on is completely acceptable. This is a community map, for the community, so deleting progress and being a sourpuss won't hurt us, as we will have multiple back saves due to the constant sharing of the maps.

Here are some helpful ideas to consider while forging the map:

1. Asymmetrical maps will be much, much easier to forge this way

2. Sometimes, the simple way to do something is the best way

3. Sometimes, the complex way to do something is the best way

4. What gametypes could work well on here?

5. Gametypes, weapons, and spawning are easiest to get right at the end

6. Is this fair?

7. Does this make sense to put here?

8. What do other people want to forge this map into?

9. If I don't know how to forge something complex, I should look it up or ask or help

10. Have Fun!

Current List of Members Involved:

Sikslik7

BeckoningZebra1

Unease P34nut

Delpen9

-Sparky-

Maestro

Self Destruct

Butch Flowers

therubyprincess

Drizzy Dan

Starfire

Gemini Dragons

Bnus

Shadowfiend216

EmileA129

Connor Kenway

Baconshelf

To be added to the list, please comment below.

The First map will begin on Friday, June 13th.

• Like 9

Forge Island would be better for community machinima on our community map, but Impact would be the best choice. Erosion has frame rate issues, and looks horrid. Ravine doesn't offer the right space (Double entendre meaning that Ravine doesn't have the right dimensions and isn't in space). So Impact! 

Hey that Friday The 13th Playdate is going on that day (I forgot who was hosting it... I think P34nut... or Maestro), so will we start before, or after it has began/ended?

I will probably start it before, but it really is not an event, unless you guys make it.

Wait, how will this work out? As in work out I mean Who starts, then who is after that, and who is after that, and Etc. Etc. And how will we decide upon which gametype the map will be based upon?

Maybe we could go from the person at the top of the list to the last.

We could have a vote.

As for an order, I am up to anything. Who signed up first, alphabetically, oldest member to newest, etc.

For who starts, anyone can start a map, but I will start the first one. I would not recommend having more than 3 maps going on at the same time.

For choosing gametype, map sizes, etc. Discuss discuss discuss!

Additionally, it looks like Forge Islands will be the first canvas. What size of map, or location do you guys want it? On which island, in midair, or out in the sea?

The rotation decided by the order the members posted would be fine. Perhaps a structure like this would work: First map descending order, second map ascending order, third map alphabetical order.

I say the first map should be a basic 4v4 map, medium sized, and a theme that we should all agree on.

I think there should also be a 'turn timer' meaning forgers have 24 hours to complete their turn, or the next member goes. If a member misses so many consecutive turns (maybe 10), their spot becomes available to other participants.

I say we do it hovering over the ocean. It's the first one and if it stays out in the open it'll make it easier to keep track of pieces.

Can't wait to get this started! :yay:

Ok then, I have another question...Is it possible that 2 people can work at the same time if they wish to? Can this happen: 2 people work on map, they both are on the list, the person who's turn it is time will on the map will be completed, but the second persons turn will also be depleted so when it comes to the second persons turn, you can just skip it because they already used their time with the first person's.

Ok then, I have another question...Is it possible that 2 people can work at the same time if they wish to? Can this happen: 2 people work on map, they both are on the list, the person who's turn it is time will on the map will be completed, but the second persons turn will also be depleted so when it comes to the second persons turn, you can just skip it because they already used their time with the first person's.

2 People can work together at once for the map. They still each get 7 pieces of forge inclusion, or removal.