I've seen tons of "who will win" threads, so I decided to make my own. I will share my opinion of this later on. In the meantime though, who do you think will win between a Sith and a Spartan.

Now, there are various Sith types as well as various Spartan types, so feel free to pick a favorite and compare them. I want to know why you think the way you do, so please try to avoid posting things like, "Sith would win!!!!11"

Let the posts begin.

• Like 1

man this a tough one but i would have to say the Spartans because they have been modified to go to hell and back and although a sith may have training into becoming a sith the skill level between them is quite a bit since they havent been genetically modified and they have only been trained normally whilst spartans have been through indoctrination and augmentation to make the ultimate soldier also spartans have guns which are short-long range and guns hurt whilst the sith have lighsabers that they can easily dodge 

On one side Sith lords have to force so they could just dodge/ block anything and lift a spartan of the ground by just thinking about it. On the other side Spartans are clever enough to find a way around that I believe.

man this a tough one but i would have to say the Spartans because they have been modified to go to hell and back and although a sith may have training into becoming a sith the skill level between them is quite a bit since they havent been genetically modified and they have only been trained normally whilst spartans have been through indoctrination and augmentation to make the ultimate soldier also spartans have guns which are short-long range and guns hurt whilst the sith have lighsabers that they can easily dodge 

You underestimate the power of the dark side. Sith also have long range attacks. 

• Like 1

The spartan may have the physical advantage, but that doesn't necessarily do well against the force, but the spartans to have expert training and fighting skills to make it a good match, after all the mandolarians did manage to kill jedi in the mandolarian wars. That being said, Sith aren't jedi, imo the basic sith are stronger than the basic jedi, seeing as the dark side is the short cut to power. but it all depends on the skills of both combatants, if both are noobs then the spartan will probably win out because the sith wouldn't have access to the stronger force powers, but if they are experenced fighters then it gets more interesting and the sith would have more knowlegde of advance force powers like lightning and drain which i think would do well again spartans, i dont think force choke would be that effctive seeing as spartans are more durable than the average person, it would probably take longer to choke them out if it even effected them at all.

I think the Sith would win at a range, because dodging bullets shouldn't be much of a challenge to them seeing as they have the force, and they can use the force to weaken the spartan enough so they can chop them to pieces with their lightsaber.

Now if it were close combat, i'd think i'd have to give it to the spartan because spartans ridiculously fast without mjolnir armor, put them in mjolnir and it becomes ungodly fast, and i think that would give the spartans the edge. Even with the force i doubt sith can match the speed of the spartans, and being able to see the attacks before they happen wouldnt be much help if you still can't dodge ot block them.

of course all this a halo spartan and not a 300 spartan, cause if it's the latter than the sith will take it with both hands tied behind his back lol

Edited by Vitamin PWN
  • Like 1

I'm afraid that even with all the Spartans genetic enhancements, weaponry, intel, training, and armor...this is a bit of a stomp in most sith's favor.

Let's put it down like this...

We take John-117 Master Chief, considered a hyper-lethal vector and basically the very best the spartan's could offer...

And we place him up against the best the sith could offer...Darth Sidious...

I'll leave you with this little match up and see what argument you can put into it, then I'll answer in kind.

Exactly my point.

Sidious was to the point where his power would warp reality itself, and just about every sith under him had a name would make most people shudder.

To put it simply...

Every Rule of Two sith could wipe the floor with almost any spartan. (Chief is an unknown, as he might be getting some weird freaky forerunner powers.)

On the other hand, most ancient sith could do the same, even if not as well as the Rule of Two line.

All sith had powers that were just unnatural, and that just isn't something that I can put any spartan up against in good conscience.

It would be the same as putting the Chief up against Gilgamesh...or Dr. Doom...

It just isn't much of a contest...

In my opinion it COULD be a good fight, but only if one little key detail were decided in a certain way.

Do light-sabers disintegrate matter or melt it?

If they disintegrate matter, then the Spartan is going to die. They cannot use any of the weapons against the Sith at this point and the Sith can take their time picking them apart (potentially limb from limb).

If they simply melt matter, then the projectile weapons the Spartans primarily use will be very, very effective. Especially since the Sith will be used to laser blasts instead of good ol' lead bullets. The Sith will probably end up attempting to block the bullet with his/her lightsaber and end up with molten slag in the face. If, by some random chance, the Sith decides to attempt to use the force to block the bullets then he's going to have to be REALLY good at the force to do so. Stopping one little bitty bullet would be a moderate challenge to a basic force user. Mainly because of the size of the bullet and how fast it is going. 

In my opinion it COULD be a good fight, but only if one little key detail were decided in a certain way.

Do light-sabers disintegrate matter or melt it?

If they disintegrate matter, then the Spartan is going to die. They cannot use any of the weapons against the Sith at this point and the Sith can take their time picking them apart (potentially limb from limb).

If they simply melt matter, then the projectile weapons the Spartans primarily use will be very, very effective. Especially since the Sith will be used to laser blasts instead of good ol' lead bullets. The Sith will probably end up attempting to block the bullet with his/her lightsaber and end up with molten slag in the face. If, by some random chance, the Sith decides to attempt to use the force to block the bullets then he's going to have to be REALLY good at the force to do so. Stopping one little bitty bullet would be a moderate challenge to a basic force user. Mainly because of the size of the bullet and how fast it is going.

Quite the good argument on the spartan's side there, however I'm afraid I've garnered enough information on that particular subject to put it down.

While some people do argue that that bullet would simply become a rain of molten lead on the saber user's end, there are two theories that are usually above that one.

The first being the actual velocity of the bullet itself. I don't know if you've seen or measured the speed between a bullet and a blaster bolt...but it's significant. Most bullets hit their target at least twice as fast as an actual blaster bolt, so most people argue that the bullet would simply be deflected in the same manner as energy would, given the speed it hits the saber.

The second is that the saber would vaporize the bullet. Most people on this end speculate that, given the insane heat a saber puts off, as well as the fact that a saber is able to go through far superior alloys such as durasteel and the like, that the bullet would be completely atomized on contact.

Besides the saber itself though, there's always the sith themself, who would not only have force defenses set up against energy and physical attacks, but would also most likely be dancing around the line of fire like a crazy man.

So whilst the occasional sith might go down from a well placed shot...

You can be damn sure that getting any of those killing shots off wouldn't be simple in any way.

Siths could win by...

1. Using the force and picking up a Spartan and tossing em around like a ragdoll, or stop all bullets mid flight and send them right back at the Spartans with greater force.

2. They could use Force/Sith Lighting and just obliterate the Spartans from a distance before they even have time to react.

3. They could use their Lightsabers and chop and incinerate the Spatans and make them into a stew.

4. They could build a Death Star and use it to destroy everything involving Spartans.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Spartans could win by....

1. Using they superior strength and sharper and more well developed reflexes to outmaneuver the Siths and overwhelm them by brute force.

2. They could team up (Which is more common for Spartans to do) and win by having strength in numbers.

3. They could use their (Arguably) superior technology to defeat the Siths.

4. They could rely on Armor Abilities combined with their energy shields and do what they were trained to do and just tactically eliminate the threats.

5. They could use MAC weaponry or use anyone of the hundred of different forerunner, or human, or covenant weapons and take down the siths.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I would say, in my opinion... That the Siths would win.... Eventually.

The battle would probably begin with the Spartans doing better, and winning, but eventually once all the remaining Siths team up and use all their powers at full force (get it, Force) they would eventually push back the Spartans and prevail. But then again, it's hard to say for sure. You never really know when it comes to war... I could be wrong.

But either way, regardless of the winner, We can all agree that it would be an amazing battle to witness!  :)

• Like 2

I think the matter of who wins depends more on the situation. Star Wars and Halo do not share the same galaxy, and is a major determining factor. Why? Consider the Yuuzhan Vong. Because they came from a different galaxy, they exist without the influence of the Force. This meant certain things like Force chokes do not work on them, although Force lightening still could. Now, consider the galaxy Halo exists in. Does it have the Force, or not? I don't think Diadact was using the Force, rather he was manipulating magnetism. So the are three scenarios:

1. The Force works. Spartan gets exposed by his Force signature and gets Force choked.

2. The Force doesn't work. Sith gets killed easily.

3. The Force works, but the Spartan either attacks from afar, or attacks so ferociously that the Sith can't use the Force very much at all, and gets tired out, thus losing.

Also consider in the Clone Wars (I forget the title of the book) there was a time when Mace Windu faced combatants on a jungle planet that used conventional weapons rather than blasters. While he was able to block most of the direct damage from the bullets with his lightsaber, he kept getting burned by the melted rounds. If a Sith was going to fight a Spartan, they'd have to use a blade instead of a lightsaber. Otherwise it's just a matter of time. While Force choking might seal a victory for a Sith, they'd have to be able to pull it off first. Duel SMG's would leave little time for a Force choke, and any real marksman can easily snipe a Jedi or a Sith that's unprepared.

Even if a Spartan was forced to use only a lightsaber, the Sith is still mostly at a disadvantage. Consider Darth Vader's fighting style. While not as fast as it was when he was still Anakin, it's still effective because his mechanical arms give him added strength to simply bash through a Jedi's defenses. Scale that up to the strength of a Spartan, and it's even more deadly. While it's very possible for Sith lords to kill a Spartan, I have to give it to the Spartan because there are far more insta-kill moves going for them. I think that unless the Sith has a trap (and we all know how well that goes 95% of the time) the Sith will be backed into a corner, unable to counter attack. 

That said, if the Sith is in an environment where they have plenty of things to Force throw at the Spartan, they might win. 'Might' being the key word.

You all have to also remember that a saber and the force isn't the only tools the sith have at their disposal.

For instance, Sidious was considered an amazing martial artist and was able to break bones with almost no effort.

Freedon Nadd had a blaster that was rumored to have killed far more jedi than any saber did.

Darth Sion was quite literally invincible because his body had already died.

Same goes with Darth Nihilus being pure energy.

And many ancient sith, such as Exar-Kun and Lord Vitiate were able to create illusions so real that they could cause harm, through alchemy and sorcery.

So even though the whole "Space sword and Space magic" rule is definitely working in their favor, it's not the only thing working to bolster them.

No sith is above using any under-handed tactics necessary to gain victory...

Also...I wouldn't put any weight behind a spartan being physically more powerful than Lord Vader...

That guy is an absolute beast.

You all have to also remember that a saber and the force isn't the only tools the sith have at their disposal.

For instance, Sidious was considered an amazing martial artist and was able to break bones with almost no effort.

Freedon Nadd had a blaster that was rumored to have killed far more jedi than any saber did.

Darth Sion was quite literally invincible because his body had already died.

Same goes with Darth Nihilus being pure energy.

And many ancient sith, such as Exar-Kun and Lord Vitiate were able to create illusions so real that they could cause harm, through alchemy and sorcery.

So even though the whole "Space sword and Space magic" rule is definitely working in their favor, it's not the only thing working to bolster them.

No sith is above using any under-handed tactics necessary to gain victory...

Also...I wouldn't put any weight behind a spartan being physically more powerful than Lord Vader...

That guy is an absolute beast.

thats all true but dont forget they have a weapon that can outdo any spartan ..... The Force its invisible remember 

Well when I think Sith vs Spartan, I think Darth Vader vs Master Chief. 

I like Darth Vader in a fight against the Chief. Vader would be able to force block anything that Chief could shoot, if Chief tossed a frag Vader could either leap away or force push it back. Vader could force choke Chief or slice him with a saber. So yeah, my vote goes to the Sith.

• Like 1

Well when I think Sith vs Spartan, I think Darth Vader vs Master Chief. 

I like Darth Vader in a fight against the Chief. Vader would be able to force block anything that Chief could shoot, if Chief tossed a frag Vader could either leap away or force push it back. Vader could force choke Chief or slice him with a saber. So yeah, my vote goes to the Sith.

see thats what i mean  and even aside from that spartan armor wont really protect them from any of the sith weapons either

You know...

This whole thread has inspired me...

How would people feel about a thread devoted entirely to a Spartan/UNSC versus Anything topic?

I for one would love to measure out what the Halo Universe would be able to hold its own against.

only certain people will get this but i can tell you right now  if you were to put goku against the entire unsc goku wins

See, a thread like that could really bring out some good arguments...

Like if Goku would be immune to Flood infection, The Composer, The Halo Array, or the many Forerunner weapons.

This wouldn't be a simple UNSC versus thread, but the entire Halo Universe.

See, a thread like that could really bring out some good arguments...

Like if Goku would be immune to Flood infection, The Composer, The Halo Array, or the many Forerunner weapons.

This wouldn't be a simple UNSC versus thread, but the entire Halo Universe.

he could just blow the flood from orbit  lol trust me he would blast and ask questions later