Bungie Veteran Joseph Staten Joins microsoft studios

rrhuntington

Article found here: http://videogamer.com/ /xboxone/halo/news/Bungie_veteran_Joseph_Staten_joins_Microsoft_studios

Former Bungie Veteran Joseph Staten has joined the Microsoft studios family as a senior creative director to help create the "world's best entertainment on xbox", Microsoft has announced.

Staten spent 15 years at Bungie as a key creative on Halo titles and most recently writer and creative director on Destiny

"As a senior creative director, Joseph will help create the world's best entertainment on Xbox as well as help shape our franchise strategy on for some Microsoft titles." said Microsoft in a statement. "He'll also be one of our leading ambassadors to the game development community, building on his many years of experience and relationships with developers and fans. We're excited to share more about Jason's role in the future."

" We're excited to share more about Joseph's role in the future..."

So not spilling all of your beans huh, Microsoft?

• Like 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this is a my worst nightmare I really really really hope that Destiny still comes out just as good as if he never left as I am really excited for Destiny and really don't want to see it fail and be the best it can be. :)

Edited by Ranger447
  • Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this is a my worst nightmare I really really really hope that Destiny still comes out just as good as if he never left as I am really excited for Destiny and really don't want to see it fail and be the best it can be. :)

Destiny will turn out fine. It's pretty much already finished.

I like this. It could help give Halo the boost it really needs story wise. It's kinda funny though... He made the switch from a Ps4 focused game to an Xbox only company.... wonder why? ;)

• Like 1

Mayh3m I would say Destiny is far from "Almost finished" as its launch date is sept 7th that is some time away. :)

Destiny is currently in a late Alpha/Pre Beta state. So yes they are "almost finished" when it comes to the actual game. They still need to do a lot of bug testing but that is always expected. 

Sorry Stig, fingers uncrossed

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=96533990

On his account "Stinkles" on neogaf.com, Frank O'Conner States: "Lol. Relax. Joe is senior creative director at Microsoft studios. He is not working on Halo, except to get donged on by me in Swat"

Below that line he puts this: "And none more sleeps is unrelated to StatenGate."

Thanks to Adam91 for this update. This confirms he is not working on Halo, but I am still trying to understand that last line.

• Like 2

On his account "Stinkles" on neogaf.com, Frank O'Conner States: "Lol. Relax. Joe is senior creative director at Microsoft studios. He is not working on Halo, except to get donged on by me in Swat"

Below that line he puts this: "And none more sleeps is unrelated to StatenGate."

Thanks to Adam91 for this update. This confirms he is not working on Halo, but I am still trying to understand that last line.

The last line sounds like it is referring to something he said before not sure what though.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally disappointing, he's an excellent writer especially for Halo..