Halo Diorama Series

Halofan49

Thanks man. This is actually a much large piece than just this angle. I will post all this picks hopefully later this week. My goal was to see how the earth started taking back the wrecks. Almost like a Pearl Harbor scene. Kids come up to play on the Banshees, Veterans come to pay their respects and in one scene you will see a Banshee in the water and its engines lights still flicker which attracts fish which makes the cliffs popular for local fisherman. I really loved making this. I picture it to be how life would be almost 20 years after the Covenant War much like, WWII, Vietnam and Korean War memorials are today.

Thanks again 

• Like 1

Thanks man. This is actually a much large piece than just this angle. I will post all this picks hopefully later this week. My goal was to see how the earth started taking back the wrecks. Almost like a Pearl Harbor scene. Kids come up to play on the Banshees, Veterans come to pay their respects and in one scene you will see a Banshee in the water and its engines lights still flicker which attracts fish which makes the cliffs popular for local fisherman. I really loved making this. I picture it to be how life would be almost 20 years after the Covenant War much like, WWII, Vietnam and Korean War memorials are today.

Thanks again 

I could totally see that. This is a whole new take on the Halo Universe right here and I love it

How are you making these? Figurines?

I would say Mega Bloks but clearly not.

I can't wait for more!

And the Banshee looks a little too big compared to kids. Of course, a spartan is 7foot so I may be mistaken.

Good job though:D

I am using Halo Micro Ops for the vehicles and soldiers, the civilians I am using HO scale from Model Trains. They are 1:87 scale. The kids scale is actually spot on. Elites who drive the banshees are 8' and the kids are to scale to the elite figures. It is surprisingly accurate. Once I upload the other pictures you will see the scale better. Thanks for the comments.

No probs, you don't realise how big the vehicles are until they are compared to relatable objects!

(Wraith bigger than real elephant?!)

Still, are these uploaded daily? I really think this deserves a special mention, I can't wait for more!

I'm thinking about doing this with my Mega Bloks as well:D

You inspired me, great sir!

Here is another picture of the one end. We see a Fallen Banshee has crashed into the shallow waters, the plasma drives are still operating after so many years. The blinking lights attract fish which bring the fisherman to the restricted areas. There is a UNSC mongoose left in its stat from the battle. Birds have taken it up for nesting areas.

I just added the water and wave effects hopefully when it drys it looks better. Waiting for one more piece to come in the mail then I have to paint the display case black. After that I will post all the pictures together

Thanks

post-73089-0-53007700-1371592431_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hey Thanks. Actually it's a very close scale. The banshees are around 22' long and the average 6 year old is around 4-5' high. The scale banshee is 4 inch long and the kids are .5 inches long so if you compare them the kids would be around 2' 75" inches which is short for a kid more like a 3-4 year old so it's close. As close as I could make it. The next size model scale would be too big. But anyway I think they work best. I'll have some more pics later on

I may be noticing something that I shouldn't be paying as much attention to as I am, but the water in the second picture looks absolutely beautiful. 

The Banshee's look amazing where they are. I really want to see more of these.

Wow, this stuff is awesome. Seeing and recognizing Halo stuff in pics like this is always fun for me.

But...that Banshee in the first pic is way too huge.

He explained the scale before :3

Look at the kid, then picture an average human standing next to the kids. Then picture a 7 foot tall human. Then picture an alien about 1-2 feet taller than the Spartan. I believe it is about right.

Also, not sure if it's my tiny laptop, but the pictures seem to be very large. I can only see about 3/4 of the pictures. Still look great though :3

Edited by Forum Liopleurodon

Yea I have to take apart some of them, then I add a rust paint.

The Covenant took over the Battery that the UNSC had their Turrets on. They replaced the firepower with their Shade turret. It took down many ships including the fallen Falcon in the shore. However the Shade was later blown off the battery and landed in the nearing waters. 

post-73089-0-63892200-1371645259_thumb.jpg

post-73089-0-08153200-1371645309_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Yea, snow is alil easier than water, sand or grass actually. You have to make ice effect as well on scenery and things. I actually am going to make an "Assault on the control room" diorama but that is in the future. If you need help with it there are youtube videos on how to make snow/ice effects

Here are the last pics of the day. I should be finished everything this week and Ill post them all.

At this angle you can see the bird sanctuary, there is a Banshee wing lodged in the sand and an old Machine Gun Turret. You can also see the switch I made for the Banshee's flickering blue lights.

Thanks again. 

post-73089-0-68969500-1371646664_thumb.jpg

post-73089-0-37368500-1371646679_thumb.jpg

post-73089-0-33081000-1371646695_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

The last pictures of Series 1. We see Veterans of the Covenant-Human War look over the battlefield. They look at the Lady Justice statue that watches over the cliffs and the wrecks. We see a zoomed out photo of both sides of the diorama. I was fun to do. I have to paint the sidings black but other than that everything is done. It will prob be a few weeks before I start Series 2.

Thanks for the comments

post-73089-0-57218500-1371761572_thumb.jpg

post-73089-0-33340600-1371761578_thumb.jpg

post-73089-0-52666800-1371761583_thumb.jpg

post-73089-0-93513600-1371761587_thumb.jpg

post-73089-0-95688300-1371761593_thumb.jpg

• Like 2