Unlocking Achievements Can Now Earn You XBL Discounts

Spectral Jester

achievement1.jpg

Microsoft has launched a new Xbox Live Rewards scheme that offers players discounts according to their Gamerscore.

There are three separate reward tiers. Those with a Gamerscore between 3,000 and 9,999 will be sent a “Special Gift” worth 15p. Those with a Gamerscore between 10,000 and 24,999 receive the gift and are entitled to a 1% rebate on all purchases from Xbox Live Marketplace every month. And last up, those with a Gamerscore in excess of 25,000 will earn a 2% rebate on all purchases every month, as well as the birthday gift.

To be eligible all you have to do is activate the Xbox LIVE Rewards scheme on your Xbox Live Gold account. All Marketplace purchases qualify towards the rebates, with the exception of Microsoft Points and Xbox Live memberships.

So there ya go

courtesy of xbox360achievements.org

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 4

???? will this be for the G's you have or do I need to earn another 25,000 +

and what is the "Special Gift" worth a wimpy 15 "p" suppose you mean Msp

have to wait and see in december then what the "Gift" is

Link to where you activate this

http://rewards.xbox....myachievements/

and also the countries that can join at the moment

Open to residents of the 50 United States (including District of Columbia), United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Italy, and Spain

• Like 1

Awww go figure they announce this the month after my birthday month D:

By the birthday gift being 15p did you mean 15 microsoft points? Or... something else?

You too? Dx August was my birthday month T_T Hopefully it's not worth 15 microsoft points because if it is I and many other people are gonna be pissed.

Very! The gift better be good!

Yeah, I hope it is. I'm going to kill Microsoft if it's crap <_< Whoever has a birthday coming up and is eligible for this program, please tell us what you got. Keep in mind, you'll probably get whatever you're getting through email.

Yeah, that's so cheap. x_x

That is is, but were it much higher, I could imagine the rage from people with low achievement scores / people overall claiming that this whole thing is a fraud, which "forces" you to buy more games to be able to get discounts.