Weapons seen in the Halo 4 Stage Demo.

The Director

Alright, firstly, here's the video. http://e3.gamespot.c...-and-stage-demo

The weapons that are confirmed by this video are as follows, but are of course subject to change by the time the game comes out. There also appears to be NO BLOOM in the demo.

The Battle Rifle: The 3-shot burst human precision weapon is the first weapon seen in the trailer. I think a lot of us are happy it's back. It carries 36 rounds per magazine.

The Assault Rifle: This makes a come-back as well as the human medium-short range assault weapon. This is actually Master Chief's favorite weapon. It carries 32 rounds per magazine.

The Plasma Pistol: Seen being held by the grunts and a jackal. Was not fired.

The Carbine: Seen held by an elite. Was not fired.

The Energy Sword: Also seen held by an elite shortly before he was vaporized. Was not used.

Fragmentation Grenade and Plasma Grenade: It looks like you'll be able to hold 4 of each grenade, judging by the amount of grenades Chief starts with in the stage demo. You can see the grenades counter in the top left of the HUD.

Sprint: Master Chief sprints in the video, but we don't see a meter running down. Does this mean sprint is unlimited? Or is it just for the demo?

Lightrifle: A forerunner weapon. It appears to be a precision weapon, similar to the Battle Rifle and the Carbine. It carries 15 shots per magazine, like the DMR. It seems to do more damage than a DMR though, one shotting some of the smaller enemies. It may be that they were "headshots" or that that enemy is weak against it. It also has a zoom feature.

Scattershot: This is a forerunner weapon. It appears to be close-medium range weapon. It looks similar to the shotgun, with 5 rounds per magazine. It also acts like the shotgun when fired as well, appearing to be best suited for close to medium range combat.

Forerunner Vision: This appears to be a cross between heat vision and X-Ray vision. Enemies appear in red. No friendlies were seen in the video so it's possible that they may appear a different color, or not appear at all.

Banshee: Seen early on in the demo. Not clear as to the mechanics yet.

Phantom: Also seen early on in the demo. Probably not drive-able, but who knows?

More will be added when more comes to light. :D

• Like 5

Very nice info. Can't wait to see what else is in store for us on this game. Just wish I wasn't missing all this coverage live... Just too exhausted from lack of sleep to get up and actually watch it. Lol

I didn't see it live either lol The live action trailer was in the ads for XBL, wouldn't load very well for me, so I googled it and came up with the link above :D

I didn't see it live either lol The live action trailer was in the ads for XBL, wouldn't load very well for me, so I googled it and came up with the link above :D

The exact same happened for me. I loved the Campaign preview a whole lot better though. The soundFX were amazing. The sound of Chief walking, the Assault Rifle, the Battle Rifle... Definitely worth the time to redo the sound. I am also hoping Sprint IS an unlimited option, even if just for campaign. I mean, they're Spartan's in super suits for heaven's sake! They should be able to run for miles without breaking a sweat!

• Like 1

Okay, so it seems that the AR can now do critical damage on certain points (i.e. headshots). The reason I say this is because for some enemies it took more than a few shots, and for others of the same type it took only a couple. While it does not appear that a headshot with the AR is a 1 hit kill, it does seem to do more damage than bodyshots, unlike previous versions of the AR.

• Like 1

I loved the Assault rifle much more than any other weapon, I am happy that the sound, sounds like a light machine gun firing, they have improved on the quality even greater, the AR in halo reach didn't seem that powerful anymore, only the DMR, I hope the AR will make a comeback so it can show off to all the BR users.