Views on BR 5 shot kill?

ZeoKz

I figured that we'd probably see if all bullets connected, it'd be a 4 shot kill, but if they were far away enough that a bullet or two would miss due to the spread, it would be 5 shot, to balance it against the DMR which would be more effective at distance.

I'm assuming you're going off of the build that someone played (that was still being tweaked mind you) where both the BR and DMR were 5 shot kills. I would think that they would continue to keep the Battle Rifle as a four shot kill, and hopefully keep the DMR as a five shot as well. I do not personally want either weapons STK to be increased or decreased unless they need to be to properly balance them both out.

I'm a fan of the 4 shot BR myself. I really have no preference for the DMR as long as it's balanced with the BR. Those will be two huge weapons in the game, as they should be.

agreed. as long as one doesnt have an obvious advantage over the other, 4- shot kills with either should make the gameplay a lot faster

• Like 1

i think it should most deffinatly be a 4-shot weapon, looking at the released multiplayer preview shown at E3, those wepons used in the 3rd and 4th clip seem to kill really really fast. if a BR is a 5-shot weapon, it will be severely disadvantaged.

Just like any other game released in the past... Things may be a little wrong to start but changes will be made to adjust, and even out, the playing field. Also have to remember that this is all still not the finished product that we will all get and play.... There is still time for those kinds of tweaks between now and the shipping date.

It should be four shot, as the DMR is five shot and yet it has a faster kill time unless they've changed it.

there will definitely be A LOT of changes before the final release.. everything should turn out on a fairly even playing field... if not, it will be corrected soon after.

• 1 month later...

It's not to match the DMR, but to give less skilled players a chance to get some shots in. See, in Halo 3, skilled players could have less skilled players down in a couple of seconds. No time to adequately react. It also requires more skill this way to get a faster kill. That way, newbs can get some shots in and some xp for helping out rather than shot down the whole time. In Halo 3, if I was shot first, I died. In Reach, i had a chance due to the 5 shot.

• Like 1

You talk about giving bad players a chance like it's a good thing. If it bothers you why not just get better? Your whole argument is "I'm no good at this game, so I want 343 to make a game with no skill gap." Such a philosophical divide here.

Remember this if you read this comment, this is my opinion about the BR you may have the opposite. :P

I think its good that the BR is now a 5 shot kill. Why? well look at halo 3. The BR is good at any ranges, from cqb to long range, because it is a 4 shot kill and doesnt really have any spread. And thats why people use it so much in halo 3. And its also really easy to find, you either spawn with it or you find it just around the corner. So i can see why many people likes it. But those who use it constantly, have you ever tried using a other weapon against a BR player, like plasma rifles or spikers, for example? Well if you really measure with these weapons against the BR they will ofcourse win, but in battle you almost always loose. So this is why i think its good that the BR is now a 5 shot weapon.

And for those who thinks it should be a 4 shot rifle, then 343 should have to make every other weapon more powerful too, this is called balancing weapons, which halo 3 wasnt so good at...

Yes i have posted a similar comment on the other BR topic, I am sorry about that.

• Like 2