Where you are from?

ΠΘVΛ

Where are you from? Tell us about where you live, it's history, future and why you like or dislike the place your are from. I would ask not to get too crazy with information, for after all this is the internet and you should not provide your exact location!

I'll start! I am from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Georges_Island_Halifax_Harbour.jpg

Halifax is a very old city and was founded in early pilgrimage to North America. Since the day it was founded Halifax became the main port city for Canada. Halifax harbor is the second deepest natural harbor in the world making Halifax a very rich city. During the American revolt Nova Scotia was raided many times and Nova Scotia fought for the North side of America giving it the nickname "the 14th State". It continued to trade with both sides until the Civil war. Halifax became the prized jewel and without her Britain would suffer a mighty blow. Halifax was then decked out with a mighty defense.

PA-112181.jpg

The Halifax Citadel! No longer was Nova Scotia going to take any hits, this was just one of many fortifications spred throughout the Province. They wouldn't see use again till WWI and II.

bedford%20basin.jpg

Today, Halifax is no longer so essential and Nova Scotia has seemed to have "lost a leg" but there is hope, lately Halifax has been paid 25 billion to produce new ships for the Canadian Navy. I truly love where I live for the massive history.

Tall%20ships%20in%20the%20harbour.jpg

I live in California near here

Golden-Gate-Bridge-in-USA_Golden-Gate-Bridge-at-night_1495.jpg

The bridge is almost 3 miles long with over 8,500 ft. In San Fransisco (which is a safe place)

San Fransisco is also near the area where the gold rush started. I will get more up later..

• Like 1

I don't have enough time to type in the background information, but I will summarize.

I live in Edmonton, alberta, Canada. Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta. It has the biggest mall in north America, known as west Edmonton mall, or known as West Ed by locals. Edmonton is a large city, with nearly over a million people. Myself, I live in the south west end of it.

• Like 1

I live in The United Kingdom, i don't need to go in background information, everyone knows what the UK is like.

More Specific, Lancashire, which was part of the War of the Roses (Lancashire Vs Yorkshire) in 1455.

Lancashire is represented by a red rose.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Lancashire_rose.svg

rose shown there.

• Like 1

I'm in the United States. I was born here in Houston, TX but I grew up in Dallas. My father moved to Colorado when I was about eight years old and it became my second home because I always sort of disliked Dallas. I love traveling and would love to go across the country. I don't know very much about Dallas other than it's loaded with rich oil tycoons lol.

I moved back to Houston about six months ago with the purpose of starting over and I've learned to like it here a bit more but I want to go back to the mountains where I belong. I never really fit into Texas very well.

Chaffee County is the area in Colorado where my dad lived and it's got some intersting history. There are a few ghost towns here and there, and the gold rush is what really populated the area. There's not much else to tell but I'll answer any questions if asked.

• Like 1

As everypony should know, i come from the 'upside down' land of Australia! I live down near melbourne, which is the very south of the country, its weather changes dramatically, can go 10*C to 30*C over night. The land where i live is very hilly, a bit of bush and usually not rainy. I also live near the 5th biggest shopping centre in australia, so pretty good stuff in there. Also it was a farm place where i live 20 years ago, now its a very big town.

I guess its a good place, easy access to all the facilities you need, and close to the city. So i think i like the place, but in all i love the country. Though i will probably move out of home, and go to another town' which would be weird after being there for 10-11 years.

Also come to australia everyone, its an amazing place!

• Like 1

I live in Talladega, Alabama.

Both Major colleges in Alabama have won the last 3 NCAA football titles for 3 consecutive years running. We currently have the largest race track in the U.S in my hometown with the steepest curves and the fastest speeds ran in the country. We were the 22nd state added to the country. Those are the most noticeable things about the state I live in.

Here are some pictures.

Alabama Crimson Tide football Stadium 14 time National Champions (Latest titles 2009 and 2011)

2mi13s0.jpg

Auburn Tigers football stadium 2 time National Champions (Latest title 2010)

oj0dp2.jpg

Talladega Super Speedway

2yytmhc.jpg

282pbfr.jpg

I'm from Patten, Maine. Its a small town that isn't very well known and I don't know any background info on it. There are like four major stores here currently and two restruants. besides that there are a lot of residential houses and one park/playground area. Next to the park is the favorite place during the summer which would be Craig's clam shop, which is our local ice cream dealer. (I don't think they actually sell clams ironicly).

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Joliet IL. USA. It's in the Chicagoland, great lakes area. Basically I have nothing to gloat about except maybe Joliet Jake from the blues brothers, and our wonderfull prisons! Joliet prison was in the Blues Brothers and Statesville prison I think was in the show Prison Break (never seen it) but believe me it has some very thick, and very high walls.

Oh wait, the Rialto theatre downtown, beautiful on the inside unlike the rest of Joliet.

Don't let anyone fool you here, it doesn't matter what side of the river you're on!