Call to Arms!!! Community Awareness and Healing!!!!!

Twinreaper

Full support from a new member right here. Halo has always been different. I think it's the best work of art and storytelling since Star Wars and that was 35 years ago. I got a good vibe here from when I was just looking around this place and decided I should become a part of it and support 343i with this new challenge. I will always love Bungie but it's deeper than the just a company. It's about the community.

• 1 month later...

Halo is what brought me into the gaming world back when i was 8 ive played every game sence and it is true...we really do need to pull together...ever sence the last days of halo 2 on live weve been deviding into completely seperate groups and annoying each the #*// out of each other if this keeps up hes right its gonna be the end of halo...

Thank you Twin. I hadn't even given thought to the future of the community because I was so focused on the present. But you're right. If we don't start getting along, our community is going to die out. I'll spread the word to all gaming sites I come across. Thanks for openning my eyes Twin. I hope that we as a community can learn to work together in time and climb back to the top.

Twin I just read the article and even though it was posted months ago, I couldn't agree with you more.

And I have noticed that something has to change within the Halo community. Heck when I play online

I'm the only person on the field talking.

If you need any help with this Twin then ill gladly help.

• 6 months later...

I can send this to a few halo communities. I agree with you on everything twin. everything you said NEEDS to be spread. I'm going to help as much as possible. tell me any thing to help and i will. I might post this to Facebook and youtube. I also like all of the comments but I ran out of my likes today.

• Like 1

Basement of the gaming community?

I don't know what hole you're living in.

Developers of Reach?

Bungie just did that to make money.

It was a terrible game and some say ODST was worst but at least it

had a great story and it was fun to play firefight and do the Vidimasters.

Halo Reach is the dark times of Halo's history!

You both need to quit it. While I do support Twins opinions and beliefs for this community, I must say, your argument with viva... That is part of what you aim to prevent, is it not? And viva, one of your arguements "You need to learn to tolerate intolerance", actually, no, we have no reason to tolerate rude and inconsiderate behavior. Sure, you have the right of free speech, but you have to take advantage of this right respectively, and without causing any form of harm, verbally or physically, to others. This is not a right for a select few to neglect.

Another thing you said earlier, younger players tend to be significantly more immature. When in realality, you come across simple kids like me, who can make better decisions, and overall show more maturity than others much older than they are themselves. I know you were not talking about kids in general, but I still failed to see the sincerity in that point.

I say just lock this argument down; now. It is getting neither of you anywhere, and is just filling up this thread. Not to mention, someone like me hates to see two members fight like this. This is all I have to say as of now. But both of you, please consider my points.

I agree with bullet. he is right about if this is what twin wants to stop or not. I also hate it when community mumbles fight. and viva I agree with you it ISN'T a big deal cus it is just a game. And every one has their own maturity level. in school I here'd about a guy that killed another guy for trolling him on call of duty and I mean in real life too. so please stop fighting and get along cus we want to prevent this from happening.

Basement of the gaming community?

I don't know what hole you're living in.

Developers of Reach?

Bungie just did that to make money.

It was a terrible game and some say ODST was worst but at least it

had a great story and it was fun to play firefight and do the Vidimasters.

Halo Reach is the dark times of Halo's history!

you are right on some things. halo wars was a bad game and ODST was OK. Halo 2 was better than wars but worse than ODST. but halo wasn't a horrible game at all

I agree with bullet. he is right about if this is what twin wants to stop or not. I also hate it when community mumbles fight. and viva I agree with you it ISN'T a big deal cus it is just a game. And every one has their own maturity level. in school I here'd about a guy that killed another guy for trolling him on call of duty and I mean in real life too. so please stop fighting and get along cus we want to prevent this from happening.

you are right on some things. halo wars was a bad game and ODST was OK. Halo 2 was better than wars but worse than ODST. but halo wasn't a horrible game at all

and yes. Bungie most likely did make halo just for the money but they also cared a little bit for the community

I'm sorry A71 part of your comment I thought you meant the whole game in general my bad

This thread is not meant for discussion on the games themselves. Keep it on track with what you agree with and what you dont with my OP. Any other off topic post will be reported and deleted. This thread is about the community only....

Halo2man, I love the idea of spreading this around. Unfortunatly I dont get a lot of time to browse so I saw this late. I would love for you to post the OP on as mqny sites as possible. But make it annonomous. Attaching where it came from and who made it may discredit or downplay the overall message. Needless to say....I hqve made many enemies over my 13 year Halo career.

It is a long post, but a good post that everybody should take to heart. It was a great message, and a good time for it to be posted.

Like I said earlier if anybody with accounts on other forums would post this on there just to get it out there that this is what we need I think that'd be a big step.

Like I said earlier if anybody with accounts on other forums would post this on there just to get it out there that this is what we need I think that'd be a big step.

I agree with you both

I just got here, but being a forum veteran, I agree wholeheartedly with Twinreaper. And if anyone thinks that this is not an admirable goal, just imagine a friendlier community as a result of this unity. You MAY even see a decline in excessive crouching upon your expiry in Halo MP.

-Keep it clean.-

I agree. We will build and empire! It will be one of the greatest ever if we all cooperate. But people will purposley troll us to have fun. The most we can do is ignore it. Dont feed the trolls. If you hate on them and say hateful things, they will troll you more. But if you close them out, they will stop. We will formally invite them back. But if they decline, there forever out. And btw, if we build this empire, i would like to help lead a small section of it. Can i help you guys by trolling the trolls? Ill take a bunch of my buddies into game, use the specialization that lets you see who last killed you, and pinpoint there exact location and kill them if they trolled you. It will help us win over the haters. Troll the trollers guys. Let them troll on. Just be sure to troll them back harder! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Twinreaper,

You have my full support! gone, you hit the nail on the head! Both of yall are right! The thing about people using their mics though is 90% of them curse like they have just cut off their hand and there is no need for it! The other 10% that use their mics are not for support but to keep their team from winning and it sucks!

I support this 100%! Let me know what I can do!

My support is with ALL of you. I don't just see what needs to be done for the community. I see what needs to be done for the INDUSTRY. Twinreaper is absolutely right. We do need to heal. My perspective is, well, I see these wounds as my country's history of bloodshed(Russia). We had the Czars, then the Soviets. But back on topic, healing will bring us all together to make a difference in the Community. Halo earned its rightful place at the top, but its loss comes from the Community. I don't care about views on games. Being together will change. But we might need to get rid of a few things to so... I can't name them, but I'm sure they are out there.

There is no change, without sacrifice.

- President John F. Kennedy

Maybe in the future we will become one. But now, WE have to cope with what has happened and BE the change we want.