The Halo 4 DMR vs. BR?

Iиversiσn

My guesses are that the DMR does more damage but has a small clip and slow rate of fire and that the BR has less damage but has a larger clip and higher rate of fire

My guesses are that the DMR does more damage but has a small clip and slow rate of fire and that the BR has less damage but has a larger clip and higher rate of fire

From the screen shot of what appears to be the DMR in GI, it has the same clip size it does now (15). I don't remember seeing a BR clip size, but I could just not remember the number from the video if it was shown. My guess though, is that it would be more like the size of Halo 3's.

Twin, that is a very interesting point. I'm starting to see a trend in members saying that the DMR will in fact be a long range weapon and the the BR would stick to close.

Making the BR a single shot in matchmaking would be great for BR users, it would be a great all around weapon. A couple shots then a melee at close range. A couple shots to the head at medium range, and for long range a single shot.

-MaGIIXz

Hello forum,

Overall, 343i put a very sleek look on the Halo 4 BR, as seen in the trailer. I could only imagine that they would do the same for the DMR. I'm not sure if the DMR has been confirmed, but Frank O'Conner said that the Battle Rifle is not going to be a replacement weapon, this only leads me to believe that the DMR is basically confirmed.

There is one thing that I am interested about, what one will be better? If we take into account the BR 4-shot and the DMR 5-shot, you'd think that the BR is better. Something interesting to think about is the timing, the time that it takes to kill someone with a perfect 4-shot and a perfect 5-shot. The DMR's rate of fire is higher, but on the other hand, the BR requires less shots. I am sure that this could be timed in a match of Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, but will 343i change it up a little bit?

In Halo 3, for a perfect 4-shot with the Battle Rifle, it required players to land all four shots on the enemies head. On the other hand, to land a perfect 5-shot in Halo: Reach, the player had to put four shots on the enemy, (No matter where it hit), and then a fifth shot to the head. In Halo 4 this might change, and it might not change.

My question to you, is this.

• From all of the information that you have accumulated, what weapon do you think will be better?
  • How do you think that 343i will balance the Battle Rifle and the DMR so that one will not completely be a better weapon than the other?
  • Will Halo 4 use the, "Four shots anywhere then a fifth to the head", or the Halo 3 system, "All four shots must be on the head".

-MaGIIXz

Halo 3 BR was 3 body shots 1 head shot = kill. 6 shots to the body = kill. 4 direct head shots (much harder to do) = kill.

I played MLG and the Ranked Team Slayer a lot.

My take: The Halo 4 BR will most likely be just as powerful as the Halo 3 BR. The DMR will be very slightly weaker, meaning 5-6 shot kill, as well as slightly slower. The reason I say this is because it will be used for long range more often and will be more accurate than the BR at long range due to the bullet spread on the BR.

• Like 1

Loved the BR in 3 and i think they are going to make the BR harder to use but more rewarding with faster kills at mid range and the DMR easier and more stable but like a 5 shot kill that will take time at long range so its more useful for cover fire than actually getting kills...or good for grabbing leftovers

but i think Ill take a BR cause even in 3 i would rather 4 shot a noob up close with my BR than shame him by unloading my AR with a nasty right hook at the end

guyz shut up. U have no idea wat u r talkin about. 343 is wreking this game and teh BR from h3 should b brought bak. reach sux, halo is sucking, h4 will suck.

Slashing. I see that you are new to this forum, I would like to point out that you are entitled to your own opinion, but keep in mind to use non-illicit language when posting or shouting. This will save you from getting banned as I hope you change your mindset into a positive and open-minded one.

-MaGIIXz

This post is indeed posing a very intriguing question about the DMR and the BR.

Personally I preferred the BR to the DMR because achieving a four shot took a lot more skill since it was harder to land shots, what with the having to lead shots and some people's excellent strafing ability.

It's a possibility that the BR could have a lot more bloom than the DMR because it takes less shots to kill someone. They could just slow down the fire rate of the BR to keep it balanced as well. As far as the four shot to the head vs. four shots to the body and one shot to the head, I think that they would adapt the same design to the BR, being that it could take three shots to the body and one to the head, seeing as how they might not bring back bleedthrough. This of course means that the BR would take down shields in three shots... This could be overpowered though.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see exactly what 343i does with Halo 4.

• Like 1

If I had to choose, I would go for the DMR. It's personal preference, however I much prefer single fire than burst fire. I find that it makes me much more accurate as as long as my reticle is on target, the shot will almost always hit. 343industries adding both the DMR and BR to me is positive - they are appeasing both the hardcore fans who may approve of the BR and also pleasing those who like the DMR. I do, however, think that they will both serve different purposes and have different stats which will see players having a clear preference on which one they prefer.

Sorry for any inconvenience RoosterTeethFan, I did not mean to even remotely copy another thread. I was browsing around looking for DMR and BR information, and decided to make an inquiry.

-MaGIIXz

haha no its fine i dont care i just saw a comment earlier saying IF the DMR is back i just wanted to confirm to some people its back. thankyou for making this topic.

My guess is you will have the choice in SWAT as a loadout. You either choose the DMR or the BR. Each will have it's own advantages, though, so it will come down to personal preference as well as what map you're playing on, in my mind at least.

Well in SWAT, both will probably be equally as good. I think anyways. SOme maps are going to be long range, and other mid-short range, DMR as stated is best for long range, and BR is best for short-Mid.

So with those two things in mind.. we will only be able to tell once Halo 4 gets here. The gameplay looks solid and I think it will be amazing.

ok i think the br is better at mediam ranges, and should still be a 4 shot kill. i know this would please the halo 3 community evan me, but the dmr is a different type of rifle with a different use so in my oppinion the 2 rifles should be used for different uses. for instance the br for mediam range and straifing, and the dmr for long range, but i think the br leads the way.