Bring back "Pinnacle" and "Uncaged" in Team Swat!!!!

mikeyr

This type of decision is honestly making me consider cancelling my pre-order for Halo 4, if they make awful decisions like this as minor game tweaks then what kind of horrible choices will they inflict on us when they have their hands on the game pre-publishing?

Okapi I cannot agree with you more! Because I'm bored to death with Swat now, I've played like once in 3 weeks and that's it. I used to play 4-5 times a week, but I just can't pick the controller up and face yet another game of Reflection or Asylum. I played the night before and played 7 games: 3 reflections, 2 Asylums, 1 Sword Base, and 1 Boardwalk magnums (yeah that was horrible).

343 Industries we need some proper map choices!

Pinnacle and the other map were taken out of SWAT because people complained that they were being spawn trapped. What needs to happen is a large community gets together and makes 2 - 3 forge maps every month and puts them in matchmaking. This way the game will always feel fresh and challenges players to adapt and survive in gameplay instead of memorizing spawn times ect. This probably wont happen for Reach but hopefully for Halo 4.

• Like 2

It's funny, because this entire thread was created to try to change their decision. Which, in fact, they will not.

Why do you think they made this change in the first place? They would not do it if the community was objecting. Obviously, their were many more requests for the removal of the two maps, as opposed to those of you here raging at the decision. Deal with it, and just play the game, there is nothing here you will be able to do.

I find this is just like the scenarios with the halo 4 leaks. Everyone is complaining, saying that they won't buy it, saying it's turning into cod, et cetera. I'm sick of it. This included. You guys refuse to accept changes, so you just decide to take it out on 343 and supporters of these changes. And another reminder; these changes were the communities decision. There are people that wanted this.

I'm not trying to rip at anybody in particular, hey I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just saying, open up your minds a bit, and learn to adapt to these changes. Thank you for reading, and I hope you understand my point. :)

-Bullet

So I haven't played swat since the last time I posted in here. I playe 3 games today. My first was on asylum where I was spawn killed multiple times and spawned right behind an enemy twice. After that game I clearly remembered why I hadn't been playing. I'm done with halo until I hear it's been fixed. I won't be wasting my money on halo 4 either.

So I haven't played swat since the last time I posted in here. I playe 3 games today. My first was on asylum where I was spawn killed multiple times and spawned right behind an enemy twice. After that game I clearly

remembered why I hadn't been playing. I'm done

with halo until I hear it's been fixed. I won't be

wasting my money on halo 4 either.

Now now, there are other means of dealing with this. There are different playlists free to play on, swat isn't the only one. Just play something different. Also, I think that you have made your decisions a bit drastically. There is no need to not buy their new game, simply because of what happened here. You never know, Halo 4 could turn out as the best game ever made, and you'd miss out. I'm not accusing of anything, I'm just opening up alternate options for you to consider :)

• Like 1

Please bring back Pinnacle and Uncaged in Swat. The spawn camping can happen in any of the maps. The worst thing with Halo at all is the red and blue. Red is at a disadvantage every map due to blue blending in. Make the colors dark purple and blue since about every map is dark toned and usually with blues and purples. Also as mentioned before please remove the combat text from the reticle when playing 4 people on a console. Remove the commendations boxes that block the screen and when a player quits please take the giant blue or red box off the screen when the game starts up again. It's hard to see your reticle.

Please put the maps back.

Please in Halo 4 implement a voting system that works.

Oh I almost forgot... If you want to remove a swat map. Remove power station. I like it fine but no one plays it for the most part. I've won and lost plenty on Pinnacle and Uncaged and just now brought my KD to 800 kills over deaths so I've been spawn killed enough but those are 2 of the best maps in swat. I continue to play swat because of maps like these, not reflection which is a hallway brawl. Boo on whoever did this.

Here's an idea. Make an elitist change like this and put it in the MLG section. Not under normal Swat.

Use your head. I pre-ordered Halo 4 but these changes are not encouraging. Do the right thing 343.

Thanks

• Like 1

There are so many things wrong with the removal of Pinnacle and Uncaged. I believe 343 should have notified/polled Halo Reach users before they decided to take away two maps from Swat. Every single map in the Swat playlist can have campers, I'm sure that everyone here can agree. What I don't get is that 343 took them off instead of trying to resolve it. It shows laziness and incompetence. And another thing is that they didn't even tell players the maps would be removed. They just did it.

I used to ENJOY playing Reach. It was all that I played. I would still be playing it if it wasn't for idiocy in the game. I really don't think that buying Halo 4 is even worth it now. If the game is going to be exactly like Halo Reach as of right now, its really not worth buying. It's raised serious doubts about the Halo Franchise, especially if it is their way of dealing with issues.

All of my friends can agree. And it is sad.

• Like 1

There are so many things wrong with the removal of Pinnacle and Uncaged. I believe 343 should have notified/polled Halo Reach users before they decided to take away two maps from Swat. Every single map in the Swat playlist can have campers, I'm sure that everyone here can agree. What I don't get is that 343 took them off instead of trying to resolve it. It shows laziness and incompetence. And another thing is that they didn't even tell players the maps would be removed. They just did it.

I used to ENJOY playing Reach. It was all that I played. I would still be playing it if it wasn't for idiocy in the game. I really don't think that buying Halo 4 is even worth it now. If the game is going to be exactly like Halo Reach as of right now, its really not worth buying. It's raised serious doubts about the Halo Franchise, especially if it is their way of dealing with issues.

All of my friends can agree. And it is sad.

Laziness and incompetence? You must be joking, 343i are working on halo 4 and updating halo reach every month, and they are doing a mighty good job at it too. They don't need to tell everyone what they're going to do, and we get the point that all the people who can't adapt won't buy halo 4, if you don't buy halo 4, then that's your loss...

Please bring back Pinnacle and Uncaged in Swat. The spawn camping can happen in any of the maps. The worst thing with Halo at all is the red and blue. Red is at a disadvantage every map due to blue blending in. Make the colors dark purple and blue since about every map is dark toned and usually with blues and purples. Also as mentioned before please remove the combat text from the reticle when playing 4 people on a console. Remove the commendations boxes that block the screen and when a player quits please take the giant blue or red box off the screen when the game starts up again. It's hard to see your reticle.

Please put the maps back.

Please in Halo 4 implement a voting system that works.

Oh I almost forgot... If you want to remove a swat map. Remove power station. I like it fine but no one plays it for the most part. I've won and lost plenty on Pinnacle and Uncaged and just now brought my KD to 800 kills over deaths so I've been spawn killed enough but those are 2 of the best maps in swat. I continue to play swat because of maps like these, not reflection which is a hallway brawl. Boo on whoever did this.

Here's an idea. Make an elitist change like this and put it in the MLG section. Not under normal Swat.

Use your head. I pre-ordered Halo 4 but these changes are not encouraging. Do the right thing 343.

Thanks

^^^^^ THIS!!!!!

343 Industries are you listening to your current customer base?

^^^^^ THIS!!!!!

343 Industries are you listening to your current customer base?

Unfortunately, the May update is here, and there is no change to SWAT. I highly doubt anything is going to change, regardless of how many people you can make agree with you. If you only play SWAT, and you want these maps back, you may be out of luck.

Unfortunately, the May update is here, and there is no change to SWAT. I highly doubt anything is going to change, regardless of how many people you can make agree with you. If you only play SWAT, and you want these maps back, you may be out of luck.

Hi fzdw11 I have a tendency to agree with that. BUT it never hurts to make your voice heard. Hey maybe 343 Industries will get a clue and give us these maps back or some cool new ones! It never hurts to try right!

It's funny, because this entire thread was created to try to change their decision. Which, in fact, they will not.

Why do you think they made this change in the first place? They would not do it if the community was objecting. Obviously, their were many more requests for the removal of the two maps, as opposed to those of you here raging at the decision. Deal with it, and just play the game, there is nothing here you will be able to do.

I find this is just like the scenarios with the halo 4 leaks. Everyone is complaining, saying that they won't buy it, saying it's turning into cod, et cetera. I'm sick of it. This included. You guys refuse to accept changes, so you just decide to take it out on 343 and supporters of these changes. And another reminder; these changes were the communities decision. There are people that wanted this.

I'm not trying to rip at anybody in particular, hey I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just saying, open up your minds a bit, and learn to adapt to these changes. Thank you for reading, and I hope you understand my point. :)

-Bullet

Where was this community feedback coming from though? It certainly wasn't the Team SWAT voting page. Uncaged and Pinnacle were very popular choices, which wouldn't be the case if the majority of people didn't like them. They got votes simply because people enjoyed playing them, if they had looked at what people actually play they would have removed Powerhouse and Zealot, those almost never receive votes. A polling system is there for the exact reason of monitoring the opinion of the masses. The SWAT masses continually voted in favour of Uncaged and Pinnacle to have them played... that is easily interpreted community feedback.

And I doubt it's just players griping over change in general, it's the fact the haven't given us anything to mix it up now. We are stuck playing 2 maps ad nauseum. I don't think the backlash would be this persistent if 343 had added two maps in their place.

• Like 1

Where was this community feedback coming from though? It certainly wasn't the Team SWAT voting page. Uncaged and Pinnacle were very popular choices, which wouldn't be the case if the majority of people didn't like them. They got votes simply because people enjoyed playing them, if they had looked at what people actually play they would have removed Powerhouse and Zealot, those almost never receive votes. A polling system is there for the exact reason of monitoring the opinion of the masses. The SWAT masses continually voted in favour of Uncaged and Pinnacle to have them played... that is easily interpreted community feedback.

And I doubt it's just players griping over change in general, it's the fact the haven't given us anything to mix it up now. We are stuck playing 2 maps ad nauseum. I don't think the backlash would be this persistent if 343 had added two maps in their place.

As far as I know, these decisions were made based off of the opinions of the waypoint forums, and none other than our forums. Me, being one of the ones wanting the removal of these maps. Pinnacle was a nightmare for spawn killing, and I could say reletively the same for uncaged. These maps were both unfair for certain teams, which is what led to their disposal. Also, whether you and some others like it or not, they will most likely be not making a return. This was what the masses wanted, and it will stay that way.

As far as I know, these decisions were made based off of the opinions of the waypoint forums, and none other than our forums. Me, being one of the ones wanting the removal of these maps. Pinnacle was a nightmare for spawn killing, and I could say reletively the same for uncaged. These maps were both unfair for certain teams, which is what led to their disposal. Also, whether you and some others like it or not, they will most likely be not making a return. This was what the masses wanted, and it will stay that way.

So what you are saying is that a small but vocal minority complained loud enough to get these maps removed? Even though these maps were popular during the voting selection? As well as these maps were removed without any forewarning of the general Swat community? And the worst is that these maps were replaced with well ummmm.......nothing? How is that fair? These maps were enjoyed by the majority of Swat players! How do I know that you ask? Because they were chosen time and time again during the map selection process!!! That's all that should matter, no small minority should override the wishes of the majority. People liked these maps and removing them without any adequate notification is just wrong. Period.

Great please I've been looking for someone that supports removing these two maps. Please explain to me how you think that removing two maps from a very limited map selection process makes the Swat game better? And may I ask are you a hard-core Swat person? That's pretty much the only thing I play in Reach, so playing the same two maps (Reflection and Asylum) gets old very quick. I used to play 4-5 times a week, and now? I've played once I think in a month. Swat no longer has any interest for me playing the same stupid maps over and over again. If you are a hard-core Swat player, you will know that 2 fewer maps makes the game become very repetitive very quickly.

We need those maps back (easiest option) or new ones to replace them. Or something because I for one have lost all interest in fighting over the hall in Reflection or getting spawn killed continuously in Asylum.

...snip...

Fair? Really, we're going to get into the "fair" argument now? Don't get me started on this one.

mikeyr, tell me, before the removal of Uncaged and Pinnacle, what maps did you play on the most? I'm assuming it was the two in question, correct? On average, how many votes did they get? I know when I played SWAT and those two maps appeared, it was typically 4, maybe 5 votes. And typically, all of those votes came from one team knowing the spawns on the map favor them.

As for them not letting the general SWAT community know, well that's the communities fault, not 343's. They did let people know. If you didn't know about the monthly updates and the announcement a few days prior to it, well then shame on you. Now you do know, and now you'll know to check it out.

But no matter how much you argue, complain, revolt, etc. against this decision, 343 doesn't make these changes lightly. There was thought put into it, and not just because a "vocal minority" was listened to. If they took them out, they had a reason for it. Plain and simple. The chances of them coming back are slim to none at this point. If you want something to be done about it, then complain hard and loud over at the Waypoint forums, but don't focus your attention on getting these two maps back, because chances are they won't do it. Focus on getting two (or more) NEW maps added to the game type.

• Like 1

Hey fzdw11 thank you for your feedback I will respond back to you tomorrow. It's getting late and I'm bushed.

For everyone else, there is a thread on halo waypoint requesting that Swat be updated. The link is:

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst80526_Halo-Reach-SWAT-needs-to-be-updated.aspx

If everyone that reads this thread can go over to the link above and comment, it will allow 343I to really hear from the general Swat community. Thanks in advance!

Now now, there are other means of dealing with this. There are different playlists free to play on, swat isn't the only one. Just play something different. Also, I think that you have made your decisions a bit drastically. There is no need to not buy their new game, simply because of what happened here. You never know, Halo 4 could turn out as the best game ever made, and you'd miss out. I'm not accusing of anything, I'm just opening up alternate options for you to consider :)

Thanks for your input, but it is my decision. Swat was where I truly had fun playing halo. With the may update here, I am done with reach.

Thanks for your input, but it is my decision. Swat was where I truly had fun playing halo. With the may update here, I am done with reach.

I never intended to make a decision for you. I was just suggesting viable options for you to consider.

• Like 1

Fair? Really, we're going to get into the "fair" argument now? Don't get me started on this one.

mikeyr, tell me, before the removal of Uncaged and Pinnacle, what maps did you play on the most? I'm assuming it was the two in question, correct? On average, how many votes did they get? I know when I played SWAT and those two maps appeared, it was typically 4, maybe 5 votes. And typically, all of those votes came from one team knowing the spawns on the map favor them.

Hey fzdw11 my apologies for not getting back to you sooner it's been a busy last few days. I did happen to look at your profile and saw that you are located in PA? Where are you from? I was born in NJ and then when I was 15, my family and I moved to a suburb of Reading, PA and to this day my parents still live there. I went to Penn State way back when and have lived on the other side of the state near Pittsburgh a few times as well. But I'm in NC right now where the weather is a lot better LOL!

Now onto your questions. Quite honestly I don't think I played any sort of map the "most" it was all a good mix for me. Sure I loved Pinnacle and Uncaged, and voted for them often. I generally had good games on Pinnacle and Uncaged, so of course I voted for them often. Quite honestly I never ever voted once based on "oh I'm getting spawned red or blue", I just liked those maps. Sword Base and Countdown are pretty fun as well. For the average game player, spawning on red or blue on ANY map is just not a big deal. Each and every Swat map has it's quirks and problems. Pinnacle and Uncaged were no different than say Asylum, which is a spawn killing hell map. Why did they remove those two maps and not Asylum? Or Powerhouse and Boardwalk, which to me is the WORST board for Swat because it plays so slow. Removing those maps, and then especially giving us nothing in return, make no sense at all.

As for them not letting the general SWAT community know, well that's the communities fault, not 343's. They did let people know. If you didn't know about the monthly updates and the announcement a few days prior to it, well then shame on you. Now you do know, and now you'll know to check it out.

I totally and most definitely disagree with this statement above! I had no idea that Halo Reach was even updated every month. NONE! I bet the majority of the people that play Halo don't even know that it gets updated monthly. Where was some sort of warning page that 343I could have inserted into the map selection process saying something like "hey we are getting ready to adjust the playlist....tell us what you think!" There was nothing. In fact, when those maps were removed, there was even no warning that they were gone, all us Swat players were just left to wonder where the heck those maps went! To me that is HORRIBLE customer service.

But no matter how much you argue, complain, revolt, etc. against this decision, 343 doesn't make these changes lightly. There was thought put into it, and not just because a "vocal minority" was listened to. If they took them out, they had a reason for it. Plain and simple. The chances of them coming back are slim to none at this point. If you want something to be done about it, then complain hard and loud over at the Waypoint forums, but don't focus your attention on getting these two maps back, because chances are they won't do it. Focus on getting two (or more) NEW maps added to the game type.

I disagree yet again, I don't think 343I thought this out all the way through. So let's see their though process:

1. We decide to remove 2 very popular maps. We did this based on, well I'm not sure. People whining about those two maps? They were surely enjoyed by a majority of the players because they were chosen over and over again!

2. We won't replace these maps with anything.

3. Swat becomes somehow better with less map choices? Playing the same two maps over and over again is fun? So few map choices will bring more players to Swat?

Since it seems you supported removing these two maps, I'd love to hear from you how you think Swat is now better with these two maps gone and none to replace them. I play Swat almost exclusively and I can tell you for a fact it is now super-repetitive to be playing Reflection and Asylum over and over again. How is removing two maps and replacing them with nothing a good idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this because to me it makes no sense!

One thing we CAN agree on is that Swat

NEEDS MORE MAPS!!!!

Hey fzdw11 my apologies for not getting back to you sooner it's been a busy last few days. I did happen to look at your profile and saw that you are located in PA? Where are you from? I was born in NJ and then when I was 15, my family and I moved to a suburb of Reading, PA and to this day my parents still live there. I went to Penn State way back when and have lived on the other side of the state near Pittsburgh a few times as well. But I'm in NC right now where the weather is a lot better LOL!

Near Pittsburgh, so we were neighbors for a while apparently. And yes, the weather is much better in NC, though today it's fairly nice here. It's strange, it's been nice here for a while now....

Now onto your questions. Quite honestly I don't think I played any sort of map the "most" it was all a good mix for me. Sure I loved Pinnacle and Uncaged, and voted for them often. I generally had good games on Pinnacle and Uncaged, so of course I voted for them often. Quite honestly I never ever voted once based on "oh I'm getting spawned red or blue", I just liked those maps. Sword Base and Countdown are pretty fun as well. For the average game player, spawning on red or blue on ANY map is just not a big deal. Each and every Swat map has it's quirks and problems. Pinnacle and Uncaged were no different than say Asylum, which is a spawn killing hell map. Why did they remove those two maps and not Asylum? Or Powerhouse and Boardwalk, which to me is the WORST board for Swat because it plays so slow. Removing those maps, and then especially giving us nothing in return, make no sense at all.

I totally and most definitely disagree with this statement above! I had no idea that Halo Reach was even updated every month. NONE! I bet the majority of the people that play Halo don't even know that it gets updated monthly. Where was some sort of warning page that 343I could have inserted into the map selection process saying something like "hey we are getting ready to adjust the playlist....tell us what you think!" There was nothing. In fact, when those maps were removed, there was even no warning that they were gone, all us Swat players were just left to wonder where the heck those maps went! To me that is HORRIBLE customer service.

Well like I said, now you know about the updates. There have been monthy updates pretty much since Bungie has run the show, more so now that 343's taken the reigns, but they've always been a part of the game. Customer service problem or not, there was warning, just not in the game.

I disagree yet again, I don't think 343I thought this out all the way through. So let's see their though process:

1. We decide to remove 2 very popular maps. We did this based on, well I'm not sure. People whining about those two maps? They were surely enjoyed by a majority of the players because they were chosen over and over again!

2. We won't replace these maps with anything.

3. Swat becomes somehow better with less map choices? Playing the same two maps over and over again is fun? So few map choices will bring more players to Swat?

Since it seems you supported removing these two maps, I'd love to hear from you how you think Swat is now better with these two maps gone and none to replace them. I play Swat almost exclusively and I can tell you for a fact it is now super-repetitive to be playing Reflection and Asylum over and over again. How is removing two maps and replacing them with nothing a good idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this because to me it makes no sense!

One thing we CAN agree on is that Swat

NEEDS MORE MAPS!!!!

So yeah, 343 definitely thought through the decision. Like I said, they wouldn't take it lightly. If they see a problem with something, they've fixed it. Look at TU as the perfect example.

As for wanting those two maps gone, no, I did not want them gone. I enjoyed playing on Uncaged and Pinnicle as much as you, so I was sad to see them being removed. Fortunately for me though, I knew it was happening, because I saw the update announcement, and I also knew they weren't replacing them with anything, which is the real issue for me. I understand where you're frustrated, but there's not terribly much you can do about it, that's all I'm saying.