Halo 3 Health Bar or Halo: Reach Health Bar

TryToBeSneakyIdo

halo_reach_bar_for_rainmeter_by_kingsidorak-d3aa68o.png&w=525&h=177&ei=xDp3T_yONoHrgQfCqZDyDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=448&vpy=317&dur=502&hovh=130&hovw=387&tx=130&ty=94&sig=103589336106897202855&page=1&tbnh=62&tbnw=183&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0

In Halo 3 most players worked with a 1 bar health system. When this one health bar was gone your spartan would die.

Meaning that any damage overall could kill your spartan making it easier to get kills. In Halo: Reach we experienced an amazing change in my opinion that was a 2 health bar system. The way this worked was that the shields would have to be dropped to take an opponent down. This was something i found amazing because of the simplicity of how it works, but it of how it makes you think of having to drop your opponents shields then take then out. I think that halo 4 even though it is a continuation of halo 3 i tihnk that this health system should be included. Comment on what you think of this and tell me which one you think halo 3 should have.

• Like 1

I dont care that much, as long as there is no bleedthrough melee like in Halo 3. I prefer Halo 2 and Reaches style as it feels less like run and gun then melee and more like shoot, if too close melee and jump back and be first to get a headshot.

I like the Reach health bar. It gives you more of a chance to survive, even if your shields are low. It stunk in Halo 3 that you could die from a plasma pistol with one shot if your shields were down.

I hate Health Bar in Halo Reach, if you have lower health than a someone else your chances of dying would be increased a lot if you did not have a health pack, and in halo3 you had health, just did not see it and it recharged fully when your shields recharged, and their should be halo3's melee system too i think, stupid double melee..

While I love Reach's health system, and we originally saw it in CE, it was upgraded in Halo 2, stayed that way in Halo 3, and should stay that way in Halo 4. It was an evolution. The only reason it wasn't like Halo 2 or 3 in Reach is because Reach happened before CE. That's why there was a physical, visible, health bar. Going back now would alter how Chief's armor currently works.

• Like 2

While I love Reach's health system, and we originally saw it in CE, it was upgraded in Halo 2, stayed that way in Halo 3, and should stay that way in Halo 4. It was an evolution. The only reason it wasn't like Halo 2 or 3 in Reach is because Reach happened before CE. That's why there was a physical, visible, health bar. Going back now would alter how Chief's armor currently works.

I Agree with what you said... i love the CE and Reach health bar but since you brought that up it does make more sense to do it that way.

Reach's Health bar is better. It adds a certain element of Skill as you would have to be on the lookout for Health packs when you have low heath. H3's health bar was stupid. Thats all I can say. No sheilds=you screwed.

With either H3's or Reach's, when you lost your shield, you were still simply 1 shot away from death. Period. Yes, you still had the ability to pick up a health pack, but if you got headshot prior to that, you're dead. Period.

And like I said earlier, Reach's was only like that because it was the predecessor to Halo: CE. Halo 2 "upgraded" the Chief's armor and how health worked. Going back to Reach is a step backwards, technologically speaking, in the Halo universe.

• Like 1

I agree with fzdw11

You could also argue that surviving with "no shields" requires more skill than simply running to a health pack and pressing "X"

Of course there are moments when you simply cannot survive if your no shield in Reach or H2/H3 but often if your evasive enough you can regain your shields and either run or kill your opponent.

With either H3's or Reach's, when you lost your shield, you were still simply 1 shot away from death. Period. Yes, you still had the ability to pick up a health pack, but if you got headshot prior to that, you're dead. Period.

And like I said earlier, Reach's was only like that because it was the predecessor to Halo: CE. Halo 2 "upgraded" the Chief's armor and how health worked. Going back to Reach is a step backwards, technologically speaking, in the Halo universe.

A headshot would kill you in Reach, but at least you would have had a chance. With Halo 3's system, you had to guess how much you had and how close you were to death.

I know canonically it would not make sense. Im just saying Halo Reachs system was better.

• Like 1

A headshot would kill you in Reach, but at least you would have had a chance. With Halo 3's system, you had to guess how much you had and how close you were to death.

I know canonically it would not make sense. Im just saying Halo Reachs system was better.

It shouldn't make a difference to the way you play, if your No shield in either game you stand the best chance of surviving by hiding/running/being evasive. If your no shield and still try and kill an opponent maybe you deserve to die as you made a tactical error.

It shouldn't make a difference to the way you play, if your No shield in either game you stand the best chance of surviving by hiding/running/being evasive. If your no shield and still try and kill an opponent maybe you deserve to die as you made a tactical error.

Erm...In Halo 3 and Reach you still tryed to kill your enemy even when your sheilds were down. But that had nothing to do with what I said...

Let's clear this up once and for all.

Players DID have health in Halo 3. The only difference is that you couldn't see it.

The bar at the top shows how many hit point are left in your Shield, and ONLY how many hit points were left in your Shield.

There is no way of checking how much Health you have in Halo 3. It is not displayed anywhere.

You have 70 hit points in your Shield. You have 45 hit points in your Health.

It might not look like you have any Health under your Shield because so many kills were either performed with melees, which can kill someone even if they have Shields left, or the Battle Rifle, which because of its 3-round burst could get headshot kills even if opponents had a little bit of Shield left when the trigger was first pulled. The BR is a lot better at consistent headshotting than the DMR, so more players were headshotted.

Your Shields will begin regenerating after 4.25 seconds of not being shot, and will fully regenerate after 1.75 seconds. That's 6 seconds in total.

Your Health will only start regenerating after 10 seconds of not being shot. Afterwards, your Health regenerates at 9 hit points/second. So for up 15 seconds after last being shot, you can still be killed pretty much straight away after your Shields go down, making it look like you don't have any Health, even though you do.

Source:

http://www.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=13233

• Like 1