If halo 4 doesnt sequal halo 3 and 2 gamplay.........................

Pink Lemonade

Every single time...

When Halo 2 came out do you realize how many Halo fans were saying stuff like this? About keeping the game how it is, not changing stuff etc? I was. Honestly I still wish they would go back and make the game feel like Halo CE did, but I've just come to terms with the fact that its not going to happen, dispite the Anniversary gametypes (Which was the best thing to happen to Halo since 2001). All the 'noobs' liked Halo 2 and all the 'hardcore' (I seriously hate using those terms) liked Combat Evolved. Its funny that now its the hardcore that care about Halo 2 when really back in the day you were all the noobs.

• Like 3

Real Halo doesn't have bloom? Every Halo title has had bloom. Armour abilities? Remember the jetpack elites in Halo 2? Tatarus using an invincibility ability? The Arbiter's active camo ability? Ring any bells? The armour abilities in Reach are pretty much based off of those things. Don't try to define what "real" Halo is. It makes you come off as rather silly. Everyone has their own definition of what Halo is about. There is no definitive definition, so don't try to claim that there is and that what you believe is fact. It's opinion. Halo does not need to keep the exact same style of gameplay as Halo 2 and Halo 3. Why? Because in doing this, people are more likely do leave due to the series not progressing. Due to the series remaining the same and becoming stagnant.

There's not a thing wrong with sprinting. FPSs have had sprinting in them for quite a long time. Remember games like DOOM and Marathon? You could hold down a key to run faster. That's pretty much sprinting, though you could use it as much as you wanted. Making things complicated does not mean that the "luck factor" as you call it goes up. Making a game more complicated means demanding more types and amounts of skill from the players. It requires them to learn more mechanics. How does sprinting make the spawns worse? Care to give some examples as to why it does so? No one has said anything about having iron sights in Halo, and Reach doesn't include them either. I don't know about you, but I really don't like the Battle Rifle. I would rather use things like the Assault Rifle, SMG, and other weapons in the Halo sandbox. Sticking to just one particular weapon, to me, is rather boring. People only complained about it because they were stupid noobs? Great job grouping a whole bunch of people into one negative group because you disagree with them. That's really going to help your argument and make people take you seriously. /sarcasm. I don't know what you're talking about, but Halo 2 was not polished. It was unfinished, had a multitude of glitches in both single and multi player, and was a tad unbalanced. Halo 3 on the other hand was far more polished than Halo 2, but the single player experience of both titles was rather mediocre in my eyes.

Excuse me? The PS3 is outdated? The Xbox 360 came out before the Playstation 3, so if the PS3 is outdated, so is the Xbox 360. Think before you speak. The PS3 is for casual gamers, kids, idiots, and poor people? You really are quite silly aren't you? Who in the hell do you think you are insulting millions of people for preferring a console you don't like over one you do? What makes them idiots? The fact that they enjoy the titles available for the PS3? What makes them poor? The fact that they're able to afford a video game console that costs a few hundred dollars? How do you know it's meant for little kids and casual gamers? Have you no idea that there are countless T and M rated titles available for the Playstation 3, just as there are for the Xbox 360? Apparently you don't.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post. You're a rude and rather silly individual who loves spewing all kinds of hate towards those who like consoles and video games that you dislike. Why don't you do us all a favour and show some respect, tolerance, and learn to grow up. No one is going to take you seriously if you post garbage like this. Certainly not me.

PS. There's not a damn thing wrong with liking Call of Duty. Learn to accept that some people prefer certain games to others.

All of this. Well done man, you really put this guy in his place.

lol thats not a well done post by ms. mystic, she completly misread my post, i never said anything about the PS3 being outdated to Xbox, i said console is always outdated to PC. You people misread everthing i swear. Also she obviously doesnt see the whole point of playing halo if she were to say that sticking to one paticalar weapon is boring. one paticalar weapon makes the game balanced out completly and thats what competitive halo multiplayer is all about. Every halo title has bloom? what? do you even know what bloom is? its the increase in radius of the recticule making shots less acurate when placed right after the other. If i was on drugs i would agree with you but fortunatly thats not the case, before YOU post you better learn more about the game your talking about. armor abilities were not in use either i dont know what the hell you are talking about but i dont remeber using a jetpack in halo 2. i never said anything about halo 2 being polished either and i think YOUR the one one who needs to grow up because your reading skills are as bad as 2nd graders. As insulting and immature as my original post was at least i understood my opposition.

lol thats not a well done post by ms. mystic, she completly misread my post, i never anything about the PS3 being outdated i said console is always outdated to PC. You people misread everthing i swear. Also she obviously doesnt see the whole point of playing halo if she were to say that sticking to one paticalar weapon is boring. one paticalar weapon makes the game balanced out completly and thats what competitive halo multiplayer is all about.

Playing with one single weapon every game, every match, etc. is BORING. I want variety in my playstyle. I don't want to play every single game using the same exact weapon again and again. How you don't find that boring, I'll never know. I, on the other hand, find it dull and uninteresting. Pardon me for wanting to use other weapons in the sandbox. I guess I just don't know how to enjoy the game to its fullest. Just because my opinion on that differs from yours doesn't mean I don't understand the point of playing Halo. You know what the point of playing Halo, a video game, is? It's to have fun. That's the point.

• Like 1

lol thats not a well done post by ms. mystic, she completly misread my post, i never anything about the PS3 being outdated to Xbox, i said console is always outdated to PC. You people misread everthing i swear. Also she obviously doesnt see the whole point of playing halo if she were to say that sticking to one paticalar weapon is boring. one paticalar weapon makes the game balanced out completly and thats what competitive halo multiplayer is all about.

Just stop talking. You've already proved yourself to be an immature indiviual. I swear, Halo is about having fun, not having a competition to see who is the best.

Just stop talking. You've already proved yourself to be an immature indiviual. I swear, Halo is about having fun, not having a competition to see who is the best.

Debatable Zamio, Halo is mainly about fun I mean it's a video game of course that's why it's made and sold. But there are different ways you can play the video game for example, MLG players play for competition and get fun out of that and they see who is the best. But overall I have to agree with Mystic on this.

if halo 4 doesnt sequel the gamplay of halo 2 and 3 im going to sell my xbox. Because i own an xbox to play halo and real halo doesnt have bloom, armor abilities, sprinting, crapy maps, a terrible ranking system or DMRs. A real halo game has battle rifles, good maps, solid controlled gamplay with a competitive ranking system. No BS that makes the gameplay complicated to the point to were the luck factor goes up 100%. Dont listen to all the noobs that havnt even played halo 2 back in the day when it was great. Spinting only makes the spawns worse than cod spawns and iron sights just dont go along with halo, dont listen to the noobs who want this. The BR was great, most satisfaction out of any weapon in halo. Bring it back, there was no reason to take it out in reach, people only complained about because they were stupid noobs who couldnt use it. Lots of new ideas dont need to be brought into number 4, it just needs to have polished halo 2 and 3 gameplay.

Without Halo Xbox is just as bad as PS3. Consol is outdated the largest majority of the community are kids and casual gamers who dont care about winning. PC is the way to go, it will always be better than console because it can be upgraded. There is nothing console has over PC other than halo because everthing comes from PC other than console only games. i have many other reasons why PC is better for the hardcore gamer

I couldn't agree less with what you just stated, just because Bungie wanted to have change in a new game for the next in the Halo series (Which was Reach at the time), you don't think it was good enough? Yea, keeping in mind Halo Reach was before Halo: CE, keeping in the BR would have been a bad idea as Reach was clearly going in a different direction, personally I think the DMR is fine, people who can't use it would complain about it. Halo 4 is obviously continuing from Halo 3, so now they've brought back the BR. Be happy that there was even a Halo game, if you don't like it then sell your Xbox, we wouldn't care, so why just not complain about Reach and anything new 343i will add to Halo 4 and just wait and play it.

Why did you compare Halo Reach's spawn system to Call of Duty? CoD's spawn system is ruined but Halo Reach's seems to be doing well for it's self. Sure you may spawn in a stupid part of the map but that's not an excuse to throw down Reach.

and then you state that both Xbox and PS3 are pretty much trash. Sell your Xbox and play your PC games rather than complaining about it on the Halo forum. Jeez...

if halo 4 doesnt sequel the gamplay of halo 2 and 3 im going to sell my xbox. Because i own an xbox to play halo and real halo doesnt have bloom, armor abilities, sprinting, crapy maps, a terrible ranking system or DMRs. A real halo game has battle rifles, good maps, solid controlled gamplay with a competitive ranking system. No BS that makes the gameplay complicated to the point to were the luck factor goes up 100%. Dont listen to all the noobs that havnt even played halo 2 back in the day when it was great. Spinting only makes the spawns worse than cod spawns and iron sights just dont go along with halo, dont listen to the noobs who want this. The BR was great, most satisfaction out of any weapon in halo. Bring it back, there was no reason to take it out in reach, people only complained about because they were stupid noobs who couldnt use it. Lots of new ideas dont need to be brought into number 4, it just needs to have polished halo 2 and 3 gameplay.

Without Halo Xbox is just as bad as PS3. Consol is outdated the largest majority of the community are kids and casual gamers who dont care about winning. PC is the way to go, it will always be better than console because it can be upgraded. There is nothing console has over PC other than halo because everthing comes from PC other than console only games. i have many other reasons why PC is better for the hardcore gamer

I support you brother. Halo 2 & 3 were well constructed games (halo 3 had it's problems but it was still halo)

1 i hope you realize that this is a NEW STORY LINE! http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/5/2846056/halo-3-first-video-343-microsoft Sorry but looks like your xbox is gone. and also, I hope you realize we are comming to new age of gamming. Things are getting faster. Halo is evolving and frankly if you cant accept that your not really a fan then are you?

Playing with one single weapon every game, every match, etc. is BORING. I want variety in my playstyle. I don't want to play every single game using the same exact weapon again and again. How you don't find that boring, I'll never know. I, on the other hand, find it dull and uninteresting. Pardon me for wanting to use other weapons in the sandbox. I guess I just don't know how to enjoy the game to its fullest. Just because my opinion on that differs from yours doesn't mean I don't understand the point of playing Halo. You know what the point of playing Halo, a video game, is? It's to have fun. That's the point.

Ms Mystic, while I completely respect you and your opinion, I have to both respectfully disagree and agree with you. It's always good to have a variety of weapons throughout the game, especially in single player. It would suck to have a boring game. But, for multiplayer everyone should be on an equal basis with each other in regards to what they have to work with, so that multiplayer can be as competitive as possible, and it's not so much the variety of weapons that is the problem. You can always opt to pick up another weapon in the map. What makes Halo multiplayer so effective and competitive (and what has got Halo to this point, honestly), is the competitiveness of the game and allowing a variety of SKILL to shine through to win the game by setting everyone equally (and winning is definitely fun as well, so I don't disagree with you on that) and not a variety of weapons and choices off spawn. People do use different weapons in the game but there are always going to those main weapons that mostly everyone likes to use. The BR and its widespread use played an intricate role in making Halo as competitive as it is. I see what you're saying and I look forward to discussing future topics with you.

• Like 2

Every single time...

When Halo 2 came out do you realize how many Halo fans were saying stuff like this? About keeping the game how it is, not changing stuff etc? I was. Honestly I still wish they would go back and make the game feel like Halo CE did, but I've just come to terms with the fact that its not going to happen, dispite the Anniversary gametypes (Which was the best thing to happen to Halo since 2001). All the 'noobs' liked Halo 2 and all the 'hardcore' (I seriously hate using those terms) liked Combat Evolved. Its funny that now its the hardcore that care about Halo 2 when really back in the day you were all the noobs.

Very true, this happens for every game ever made. It happens every year in the CoD community and can be seen in the MLG community as they all beg for Halo2 back. Hopefully our gaming communities will start to evolve and understand that each game should be different than what came before it, and that games should be graded based on how fun and polished they are.

Debatable Zamio, Halo is mainly about fun I mean it's a video game of course that's why it's made and sold. But there are different ways you can play the video game for example, MLG players play for competition and get fun out of that and they see who is the best. But overall I have to agree with Mystic on this.

But, when Halo was made, it was for the prime purpose of having fun. Not to get better at Halo.

Ms Mystic, while I completely respect you and your opinion, I have to both respectfully disagree and agree with you. It's always good to have a variety of weapons throughout the game, especially in single player. It would suck to have a boring game. But, for multiplayer everyone should be on an equal basis with each other in regards to what they have to work with, so that multiplayer can be as competitive as possible, and it's not so much the variety of weapons that is the problem. You can always opt to pick up another weapon in the map. What makes Halo multiplayer so effective and competitive (and what has got Halo to this point, honestly), is the competitiveness of the game and allowing a variety of SKILL to shine through to win the game by setting everyone equally (and winning is definitely fun as well, so I don't disagree with you on that) and not a variety of weapons and choices off spawn. People do use different weapons in the game but there are always going to those main weapons that mostly everyone likes to use. The BR and its widespread use played an intricate role in making Halo as competitive as it is. I see what you're saying and I look forward to discussing future topics with you.

I wasn't talking off of spawn. I meant that it's boring to use just one or two weapons for every single match in the game. I did not mean that I would prefer having different weapons selectable off of spawn, but that not choosing to pick up or use different weapons, to me, is boring. Just thought I'd clear that up.

I wasn't talking off of spawn. I meant that it's boring to use just one or two weapons for every single match in the game. I did not mean that I would prefer having different weapons selectable off of spawn, but that not choosing to pick up or use different weapons, to me, is boring. Just thought I'd clear that up.

I get what you're saying. There's always gonna be those few weapons in the game that everybody knows are advantageous tho. That's unavoidable.

alright how about this; for the game as whole all ideas in weapondry should be added in. but for the competitive side the variety of weapons should be slimed down to only the weapons that take a good amount of skill to use. Halo 4 should be a very adjustable game for the community so everyone can have fun in there own way. Ive played halo to the most competitive level on online matchmaking, and have had alot of fun in custom games so i know what both sides are like and there should also be many more playlists in game when it comes out. Maybe even a server browser for public custome games(if its even possible). But i encourage creativity to a CERTAIN EXTENT, dont do what bungie did with reach, dont make the game to complicated, that makes it confusing and the gamplay becomes very loose in the grasp of the player. With the new video i see sprinting is brought back, as long as the maps are made well for the mechanic im fine with it(big, open, not alot tight corners). Reach set a bad example of it and thats why im a bit iffy about sprinting put into halo. the spinting should be like this; the player sprints slower than he would in reach (about half the speed) but can sprint for a much longer time. This would cut down the pace of the game making it a more controlled enviroment. The more control a player has the better, because the more control the less stress. I also see they brought the BR back (: and it looks really cool which very good news. When i made the op i was very stong headed about the multliplayer i could care less about the campaign gameplay, i just like the story. Ive read most of the books, Eric Nylund is a great writer i love the books he wrote. And correct me if im wrong but i think the big mechanical looking thing the chief was about to jump into might be planet onyx. I dont know if that part of the story was sequeled yet(its been awile since ive looked the books up) but the chief might be going there to save his fellow spartains. I could be terrribly wrong but either if a am or not im looking forward to what the hell is going on. If you havnt read the books i highly recomend that you do most of them are really good, the only one i disliked that i have read would be the flood, it lacked the unpredictable story and the intense descriptive combat scenes of the First Strike, The Fall of Reach and the Ghosts of Onyx. Contact harvest was pretty good too but it wasnt as exiteing, it was a bit boring at times.