The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

i posted a new topic to include everything here because alot of this is not falling under the same topic, vehicles to be specific, that goes under multiplayer unless you are talking about ships, that are not drivable or anything that is not drivable

I think they need to add a land sculptor. Be able to change the landscape. I cannot make a nice simple building in Reach on Forge World because there is not a flat part. There should be a tool where you can add hills, mountains, make flat land and other things. ANyone agree?

• Like 2

Maybe someone already said this, I didn't want to read seven pages of posts, but I think it would be cool to have "Phase 2", meaning it's normal, (when you drop it, it hits the floor), but you can phase objects into it, if they are also set to Phase 2. If you phase a bunch of objects together like this, you can make a new object, like a ball with a kill zone attached to it, effective making it a kill ball you don't see coming. I also think you should be able to phase vehicles into objects, and still be able to drive those vehicles. And when the vehicle moves, the objects move too.

ok so i was thinkin a space forgeable world and because i love vehicles i was thinkin of a hanger in forge where we could put our vehicles in (with working doors of course) and because it would be a vehicle hanger customizable vehicles would be cool

and im not talking about a small hanger im talking about a hanger to stick a flagship in or a seperate docking area just sayin

but basically take a mojority of the vehicles from the halo encyclopedia and put them in the game

but not just human vehicles both human AND covenant vehicles as well

or how about disc one is campaign and multiplayer and disc two is forge alone i say this because with a disc only for forge then the capacity of the disc will be higher therefor a larger forge world and forge possibilities

this idea applies to both sides of the war human and covenant

On 2 disk idea:

I think...

Disk 1:Campaign, Firefight, Firefight Forge(my idea) and Theatre.

Disk 2:Matchmaking, Multiplayer, Forge, Theatre

Every vehicle in any Halo game(even Scarab/Frigate) available for Forging. A.I. spawns is an awesome idea, and so is O.D.S.T. drop pods.

Probably if even firefight is going to be so big and complicated they should make 3 discs

If they are going to start seperating discs they might as well do it for the better gameplay,less lag, and better graphics

i like the every vehicle idea and i also have to agree more on the three discs

it makes better sense

true could i suppose put game, mm on 1 disk, and have forge on another.

Hopefully the online experience goes server based to cut out the lag, also forge still needs a limit or some of the maps are just gonna be cluttered with too many objects on screen at 1 time, look at firefight when the bonus round starts, on Swordbase it near enough judders to a halt.

i have been a fan of forge ever since halo 3, and ive had many ideas. i never told bungie but they did some of them cause of other fans for reach. i agree with many ideas on the topic.

I think they should add the fallowing to halo 4 if they're making forge.

1. better colors not like the outlines in forge. like you could make a 5x5 flat completely blue or purple like covenant walls. or stickers

2. i dont agree with alot of the vehicles but i think they should but things like the elephant and the hornet back in, i believe that a pelican is overkill. be able to use more of the vehicle like on a falcon be able to use the passenger seats and sit on the cover of the tracks on a scorpion.

3. they took the words out of my mouth about the glue thing, i would have many problems moving a whole base because part of it was to low.

4. i never thought of it but i like the idea about opening door thing, ive read plenty of posts about how some people think its stupid cause people hind behind them with shotguns. all i have to say is maybe it would teach you not to walts in a room when you open it dumb a***.

sorry for the french... and more armor abilities, although id have to say dont you think a spartan would be able to run after a life of training, that goes for evade too.i love them both though. it inhanced halo experence for me.

6. somtimes i need someone to fight to test it out so i think ais would be great. although i believe that you should be able to "program" them like walk out of the spwan and run to a button that opens a door to an opjective. and make it so they could scout and defend to... i dont want to go into details, also be able to make it so they're skills can change like one ai with a skill of 3 and the other with 9 so its harder.

7. i thought they could have done better with the costum game type making, like for loadouts be able to make one a scout so they are faster but with lower sheilds and one like jaugernaut but slow with alot of sheilds and one could jump higher so they could reach thinks others couldnt.

if i think of more i will post... also for the first disc have all of it but forge and have forge on the other but be able to save and play in custom games that way you have better forge data... i know some things are wrong with my idea but i think it could work with some more ideas. i believe in you 343i, please dont let me down, bungie screwed themselves on muliplayer maps but made forge better.... you could do better on both!!!

i loved forge world and i hope you make many forge worlds like jungle, polar ice , and outer space maps and more of a buget and more items and more of the items..... like natural bridges with 3 different sizes and allow more building.

• Like 2

One thing I really want to see for the forge is copying.

Countless times I have been making a map that requires two of the same massive objects.

For example, say I build a Scarab, and I need to make a second one. I would have to completely recreate the same exact thing. So you should have the option to copy a group of objects and place it somewhere else.

I think that there should be these things that are called backround settings to make your map in forge so it can blend with the map that the player is making like an infection map for example, it could have a dark zombie backround with dark skys and a thunderstorm.There should be two different firefights, the first one like the plain old one and the secound one the floodfight when you are fighting the flood like in halo 3, halo 2 and halo CE and you can make your own just like halo reach but you can put both covanent and flood.For forge, the should be a bigger and better forge world with unlimited money and unlimited stuff to make your forge map and the spawning should be more simpler to make an CTF or KOTH map. Ps. there should be a nuke settings if you want the game to end in a big bang. :nuke:

i think that this stuff has been posted before, but non the less, good ideas

i agree with the first one alot

maybe a covanant bomb but not a nuke

I like it,but make it halo-related, no nuke, glassing beam and MAC cannon, add in all these amazing things in greater numbers in campagin as well, more booms the better!

I think all of the ideas above are great but I have not read all of them so if this wasn't already suggested for forge I would like to utilize the idea of glueing objects together but not just for your own forge map how about saving a group of glued objects to your fileshare and/or harddrive for later use on your map or another persons map... This would definitely make forge more enjoyable for less avid forgers as they could create a map out of someone elses shared pieces in twenty minutes or less... Or how about being able to post it on your fileshare for a price that way players earn the right to use your forge item group but of course there should be an optional preview pf the item group before purchasing and/or test object group on a completely blank map please like this idea and put YES if you agree and please let's try to get 343 noticing this!