The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

this has been said only by one other person that i read. but i would love to have a 0.01 grid scale, instead of just a 0.1 scale. also there was an annoying problem when i had a piece rotated 45 degrees next to a regular piece, no matter how much a tweaked them with the grid they never lined up properly. Find a way to fix this pleeaseee. I love the idea of drop ships... especially for invasion types.

I know this is technically a forge 3.0 thing but does anyone else wanna see infection mode make the zombie models flood? we can play as elites and humans, why not make the zombies flood. they dont have to have the attributes of the flood.. just make them look like the flood.

Remodeling the landscape would be cool and i definately would like to see a night mode instead of having to play around with purple nova and juicy to make it dark. (nightvision in matchmaking/customs anyone?)

More forgeworld type maps.. maybe with different terrain styles.. heck even an exact copy of forgeworld only winter with snow and ice would be sweet. just my ideas.

btw.... post 100 comments reached lol

• Like 1

Well here are my Ideas.

We should be able to make new kinds of custom colors on objects and also change their material like make a object wooden rocky metal etc.. And we should not only be able to color one part of an object. We should be able to color the whole thing in different colors. Like make an object look like an object like in that map in halo 3 called sandbox.

No budget. Allowed to be use as many objects the Xbox 360 can possibly handle.

We should be having a option to press a button to lock on to a object so that the object does not move with our Right stick and we move. You can say that will be the halo reach style of forging. And then when you press that button again. We unlock the object and we can move the object around nicely with the help of our Right stick. Which is Halo 3 style forging.

We should have more precise coordinates and should be able to zoom in to objects that we are placing 10x times more!

We should be able to phase EVERYTHING! including weapons and stuff. And if we wanna FIX a object to a wall. Then when we pick that weapon up and then drop it. It's physics should change the minute we pick it up and then when we drop the weapon. The weapon should be dropped normally without just hanging in mid air like it does when you try to stick a weapon to the wall using the fixed physics.

We should now have more effects and now we can make any map which look like its at night or at day light or snowy. So basically we should have a option to change the time of the day and change the weather too. Like if we put the night effect. It should look EXACTLY like its not with no purple color or extra color or anything. We can make a map snowy or rainy or anything like that which would be good for making machinimas too! I think this idea would be amazing!

We should be able to forge on any map with the same amount of objects and everything available unlike in Halo Reach you can only have everything in Forge World and not even have bridges or walls on other maps...

Firefight maps should be forgable and I would suggest to make a BIG map only for firefight like Forge World for forging so that we could make our own firefight maps!! And we could choose where the hordes will spawn or where the drop ships would land all the units and stuff. That would be awesome!!

There should be more big maps for forge....

Well that's my Ideas about Forge 3.0. Hope 343 Industries looks at my post and gets a good Idea.

Thanks

Well here are my Ideas.

We should be able to make new kinds of custom colors on objects and also change their material like make a object wooden rocky metal etc.. And we should not only be able to color one part of an object. We should be able to color the whole thing in different colors. Like make an object look like an object like in that map in halo 3 called sandbox.

No budget. Allowed to be use as many objects the Xbox 360 can possibly handle.

We should be having a option to press a button to lock on to a object so that the object does not move with our Right stick and we move. You can say that will be the halo reach style of forging. And then when you press that button again. We unlock the object and we can move the object around nicely with the help of our Right stick. Which is Halo 3 style forging.

We should have more precise coordinates and should be able to zoom in to objects that we are placing 10x times more!

We should be able to phase EVERYTHING! including weapons and stuff. And if we wanna FIX a object to a wall. Then when we pick that weapon up and then drop it. It's physics should change the minute we pick it up and then when we drop the weapon. The weapon should be dropped normally without just hanging in mid air like it does when you try to stick a weapon to the wall using the fixed physics.

We should now have more effects and now we can make any map which look like its at night or at day light or snowy. So basically we should have a option to change the time of the day and change the weather too. Like if we put the night effect. It should look EXACTLY like its not with no purple color or extra color or anything. We can make a map snowy or rainy or anything like that which would be good for making machinimas too! I think this idea would be amazing!

We should be able to forge on any map with the same amount of objects and everything available unlike in Halo Reach you can only have everything in Forge World and not even have bridges or walls on other maps...

Firefight maps should be forgable and I would suggest to make a BIG map only for firefight like Forge World for forging so that we could make our own firefight maps!! And we could choose where the hordes will spawn or where the drop ships would land all the units and stuff. That would be awesome!!

There should be more big maps for forge....

Well that's my Ideas about Forge 3.0. Hope 343 Industries looks at my post and gets a good Idea.

Thanks

that and more vehicles drivable, and that is it, it is perfect for me, more options for gametypes, not really forge but it would be involved a little

Wasteland: A desert forge world. Contains forerunner ruins. Players have the option to use an effect called "dust storm" of varying magnitudes, making it very dusty and drastically reducing visibility. On one side is a series of crashed UNSC ships, on the other is a small Covenant ship, and smack-dab in the middle of the map is the one, the only, Pillar of Autumn, crashed, of course. The only problem would be the huge cliff it's hanging off of. In CE that thing had to go a mile down, at least. Easily the largest of the Forge Worlds, provided it gets made, which it probably won't.

Eternal: A space themed forge world. Takes place on the surface of Earth's moon. Two cruisers, a UNSC and a Covenant, orbit overhead. Both are enterable, and can be forged inside of.

Apocalyptic: A post apocalypse themed forge world. Think Fallout but without all the 50's. Takes place in a rural wasteland. A few small buildings and shacks dot the world. Contains a burnt out forest. Is mostly flat, but has large hills and plateaus in certain places. Has a small town near the center. Entire buildings, such as the aforementioned shacks, are forgable. Contains similar effects to the aforementioned dust storm

Utopia: City themed forge world. Contains, obviously, a city, which itself contains a small plaza, a large construction zone for building, and a huge industrial park. Like New Mombasa, has an underground. Also has a sewer system. Outside the city would be grassland on one side, with an ocean on the other. All buildings are enterable, and contain multiple floors. Contains trains/monorails/subways, and while they can't be directly controlled, you can enter them and tell them to go forward for quick transport. They need a minute to recharge after circling the map once to prevent spam.

Machinarium: Forge World on a Covenant factory planet. Mostly a mountainous wasteland, but in the center is a huge factory. Go below the factory and there would be the map Assembly, except now it's XBOX HUEG, (As in you can go beyond the little platform you were confined to in Halo 3) allowing you to leave the standard area of play and go out to other parts of the factory. Guns and vehicles are being manufactured in machines as gameplay progresses, so there is never a shortage of ammo. Machines can be told to manufacture different weapons or vehicles in forge mode, but can only be set to make Covenant weapons and vehicles.

Megastructure: Forge world inside of a megastructure, aka big-ass building. Has multiple floors, each roughly a square kilometer. Floors are connected by a series of elevators, or if there are falcons or other flying vehicles, you can ride out the windows and up or down to the next floor. Elevators can be disabled if a small map is desired.

Tundra: Arctic forge world. Speaks for itself. Contains Avalanche as one part, Lockout, and every other snowy Halo map that I don't care enough about to remember. Snow and blizzard effects available.

Infinity: Forge world inside of slipspace. Terrain includes lost cruisers, asteroids that somehow managed to enter slipspace, and small forerunner constructs.

Archipelago: An ocean themed Forge World. Contains many smallish islands, while in the center is a huge island, which resembles Death Island from the PC version of CE. Contains unique water vehicles not found anywhere else.

Construct: Forge World in a human factory complex. Contains many buildings, but also has small outside areas. Guns and vehicles are being manufactured in machines as gameplay progresses, so there is never a shortage of ammo. Machines can be told to manufacture different weapons or vehicles in forge mode, but can only be set to make human weapons and vehicles.

Divine: Forge World inside of High Charity. Contains the main city, the entirety of the High Charity campaign in H2, the hanging Gardens, the Valley of Tears, the Council Chamber, the map Gemini, the Maloseum of the Arbiter, and the Sanctum of the Hierarchs. The map would be massive, perhaps even larger than Wasteland.

Gardens: A large, aerial forge map in a swampy area. Imagine Guardian, but split up into many different parts with many platforms.

Aether: A levitating map. Contains the facility that served the Heretics as a base in Halo 2, in addition to many other facilities. Has additional flying vehicles, such as pelicans, phantoms or transport falcons. The skybox isn't brownish-red like in Halo 2, but rather a clear sky, though the effects you can add change that.

Tainted: A flood-themed forge world. Contains Backwash, Containment, and every other flood-themed map in Halo. Can be set so that Flood will spawn, adding an additional challenge to multiplayer matches. Effects such as fog or spores can be set.

Underworld: A cave-themed forge world. Tight quarters in small caves with giant chambers dotting the map, including whatever the hell that one was from Halo 2. You know the one. Is very dark, and floodlights are placeable to increase visibility if desired.

Cinder: A forge world taking place on a glassed world. Water is replaced by acidic pools. The closest things to buildings that exist are destroyed remains. Contains an underground base that managed to escape damage. In forge there is a toggleable glassing beam that will occasionally rake the spot of your choosing. Anyone caught nearby will be vaporized, and even those across the map will loose shielding. The only way to avoid harm is to hide behind hills or in the underground base. Glassed areas become volatile for a minute or so after their glassing, and anyone who comes near will take damage.

Shroud: A forge-world taking place an abandoned shipyard in Reach orbit. Two sections, low gravity and normal gravity play areas. Has an exclusive Sabre spawn option for space combat. Sections of the station can individually have their gravity turned to low, or even disconnected from the main station. Majority of map is small hallways with large ship-building and docking areas.

Those are good ideas, but would take alot of space

but if possible and eliminate others,

the huge map with crashed ships,the glassed planet, the flood area, the space map, the icy planet,and the heretic level should stay.

all of this was stated by a guy on bunjie, i stated the ones i want most in the sentence above from priorty to me to least.

the others should be able to fit somewhere on these maps in my opinon

• Like 1

In Forge World,you will notice 2 waterfalls on the side of the cliff outside the colliseum. these are outside an invisible map boundary. I think it would be absolutly amazing if you could interact with water to make it a part of your map (and i dont just men have a platform just bellow sea level so that your standing in a puddle). for example: if i put blocks under the waterfalls, the water should bounce off them and not just go through. Another example would be, if I put a man cannon in water, it should shoot the water into the air (like an arc), somewhat like a fountain would. This would enable amazing scenery created by the "Forger" that we have not yet seen to date.http://www.343industries.org/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif

• Like 1

Destructible environments.

And an opportunity to give objects alfa status, that would allow you to set other objets to stuck to the alpha object(s).

In that way you could make destructible brides with explosives or indestructible peaces inside.

You should also be able to burn the destructible environments.

More nature should also be included.

Also give us the opportunity to place caves and holes.

I love these ideas and would love to contribute some of my own. The double disc Idea I completely agree with.

An Idea I had and I didn't see it and may have just over looked it, but what about forging Firefight? I'd also love to see weather effects added with different magnitudes.

Small list of combinations for double disk, just to help with organizing if thats okay...

Disk 1: Campaign, matchmaking, custom games, firefight,theatre

Disk 2: Forge (dedicated disk possibly would seem like the best way to go with this many ideas.)

Disk 1: Campaign, Firefight,Custom game, theatre

Disk 2: Matchmaking, Forge, Theatre

Disk 1: Campaign, Firefight,Theatre

Disk 2: Matchmaking, Custom game, Forge, Theatre

Disk 1:Campaign, Forge, Theatre,

Disk 2:Matchmaking, Custom Game, Firefight, Theatre

Disk 1: Campaign, Matchmaking, Firefight, Theatre

Disk 2: Forge, Custom Game

Disk 1: Campaign, Mathcmaking, Theatre

Disk 2: Forge, Firefight, Custom Games

Nothing too fancy, just an assortment of hinges. Please I can never make Turf to my satisfaction without folding hinges on the door. Other than that I am extremely pleased with the Reach forge, I would think any new advances to be exciting.

I have REALLY high hopes for Halo 4's forge.

343 PLEASE do what bungie could never do. D:

bungie sucks. You guys rock :DD

#1: stop being a kiss ass to 343i

#2: Bungie made halo

#3: most of the employees are former Bungie members so by insulting Bungie your basically insulting 343i

#4: srry i haven't posted in awhile, hope no one missed me too much.

• Like 1

Okay i saw 2 other people mentioned that it would be cool to have an infinite forge capacity with no budget.

That would be cool if physics didn't exist.

You can't have a limitless forge, no disc has the memory capabilities to make anything infinitely.

Although we can make it so that the forge capacity is so high that a normal (un-augmented) man would have to spend a month of precious time to reach the max.

And someone gave out a bunch of combos for a 2 disc configuration, in my opinion i think having a stand alone forge disc would be a good idea.

Mostly because there are a lot of people who don't forge and just want to play matchmaking. plus it would make a lot of the ideas we have mentioned possible.

I also have another idea for maps. How about one intensely huge map that had a ton of environments in one but it would take like 10 minutes to cross from one end to the other in a scarab!

why switch between maps when you can recreate the good MLG maps on that one.

I also think there should be a camera option (similar to load-out cameras) that can take an image of the map so that when people are vetoing maps they have some idea of what they are vetoing.

Your thoughts your comments please...

• Like 1