The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

i would LOVE there ideas, BUT remember some of your points could put severe strain on the game adn it would lag like hell, if done normally. But adding a scrarab or Locust(from halo wars) would be AWESOME. And maybe AA wraiths like the ones i Halo 3 :w00t:

Thats were the 2nd Disk could come into place = larger campaign/ another forge world... with all the options listed in this thread/ more people in a game like 16v16...the list goes on :thumbsup:

it would be hard, but if 343 wants to have a top 3 game(or higher :clapping: ), than you've got to expand

• Like 1

I have posted many of these ideas myself on other topics, i read this one thinking "i am not the only one"

But we have to (unfortunately)remember that disc,though better than the floppy's, can only hold so much.

I have completely read every post, and frankly we (including me) are asking a lot from 343i.

But we are fans, and that is are job other than the one that gives us monies to pay for more halo games (F.T.W)

In order to insert all the ideas that we as forgers have in mind, we need to have 2 disc like O.D.S.T.

I know what some of you are thinking, "i hate switching discs over and over again", but to be honest i love everyone's ideas.

If you truly want pelicans, ammo clips, blood, AI spawning, forge-able firefight maps, etc. then we need a second disc.

I have work this out in my head and still can't figure out one thing...what do we move to the second disc?

We could move campaign and theater over and have more room for multiplayer/customs/forge/firefight...

...or we could move forge/firefight/customs to one disc by itself and have multiplayer/campaign/theater together.

there are many ways you could shift it but i would like your opinions on the 2 disc concept.

We may not like it, but it works.

here's a great idea, instead of cramming everything on one disc, make the game a 2 disc set. one could have the campaign, while the other contains the multiplayer content. that would allow for major expansion on both the campaign and multiplayer. more detail and a longer campaign on disc one, and more multiplayer content and enhanced forge on disc 2. its a plus for everyone.

A little late on that idea

• Like 1

On 2 disk idea:

I think...

Disk 1:Campaign, Firefight, Firefight Forge(my idea) and Theatre.

Disk 2:Matchmaking, Multiplayer, Forge, Theatre

Every vehicle in any Halo game(even Scarab/Frigate) available for Forging. A.I. spawns is an awesome idea, and so is O.D.S.T. drop pods.

• Like 5

On 2 disk idea:

I think...

Every vehicle in any Halo game(even Scarab/Frigate) available for Forging. A.I. spawns is an awesome idea, and so is O.D.S.T. drop pods.

that is a gret idea especially at the drop pod part I always wanted to do that in multiplayer

• Like 2

Amzing idea! Though the dead bodies would be: You would have to just drop them somewhere nad let HAVOK engine do its work, while by the blood, I dont see how that can work, how do you stick it somewhere? There would be so many bugs, the only way to make that possible is for certain walls that have an option to put blood on them, otherwise the game would run erally slowly and cause lag etc.

Amzing idea! Though the dead bodies would be: You would have to just drop them somewhere nad let HAVOK engine do its work, while by the blood, I dont see how that can work, how do you stick it somewhere? There would be so many bugs, the only way to make that possible is for certain walls that have an option to put blood on them, otherwise the game would run erally slowly and cause lag etc.

you have a great point...

did anybody mention about forge allowing you to create mountains or gigantic structures or bridges or doors. It be really great to make an invasion map with those. Also to make your own cinematic phantom/pelican and create the paths they go to every phase

• Like 3

On 2 disk idea:

I think...

Ugh what makes you think it was your idea, i posted it before u on another topic (look up my content) but i am still not saying it is my idea.

Somebody could have been in a coffee shop one day after he played O.D.S.T and thought "man i would be cool to forge this"

i am not saying ha-ha i was before you, i am saying don't brag about something you can't proof...please

but yes that is a great idea and i am glad that you mentioned it...but if firefight forge and forge were separate it would be weird in my opinion

when i say that i don't mean weird as in separation of disc, i mean weird as in separation of the menu option.

if i want to forge a custom game and then get bored i don't want to exit out of forge and go into firefight forge.

it would be easier to put them together as just forge and change the option to firefight or something.

just my opinion

Probably if even firefight is going to be so big and complicated they should make 3 discs

If they are going to start seperating discs they might as well do it for the better gameplay,less lag, and better graphics

that is also an idea to think about.

D1: Campaign (i don't like short campaigns)

D2: Multi-player/theater

D3: Firefight/custom games/forge

• Like 1

that is a gret idea especially at the drop pod part I always wanted to do that in multiplayer

Yeah that would be awesome...oh and speaking of which do you think they should have an option in custom games to be an O.D.S.T with health but no shields? Thoughts on this?

• Like 1

Yeah that would be awesome...oh and speaking of which do you think they should have an option in custom games to be an O.D.S.T with health but no shields? Thoughts on this?

I think its a great idea I also think we should have the option to play as just normal marines, we could also have a ODST and Marine only playlist to give us the option to play as them in matchmaking with out worrying about spartans over powering them.

• Like 1

I think its a great idea I also think we should have the option to play as just normal marines, we could also have a ODST and Marine only playlist to give us the option to play as them in matchmaking with out worrying about spartans over powering them.

Agreed!

All i want to see is a full accessible armory, frigates and corvettes to mongeese and ghost. Ai's in forge Complete accessible, granted if you kill them their dead, restart game. Or what would be cool is to make them a friendly. ODST AND ELITE PARTY :D!!!

Back on topic, i just want to see a full scale ability to truely make our maps unique. I hate a credit cap, or a cap on how much we can use, that has always annoyed me. Why cant i lay down more of the item im using if its working for me? it drives me nuts! Forge is meant for construction correct? So why not let us construct. I've seen everything from small frigates to Noble 5 statues being built. 343 hear us out. You want to impress us with Forge. Take the caps away, give us ai's and vehicles. Blow us out the water.

• Like 1

I would love to see improvements in forge and the incorporation of maps into the play lists. I do not want to see them become a DLC because of the obvious reasons.

One being the producer of the game will make money on a map they did not create or pay for.

Two, I feel the maps from the community should possibly have a playlist, say once a month and on a weekend, were player can go into matchmaking on them and vote on the map after a certain number of game have been played on it. Maybe it would be possible in this playlist to force single players into matchmaking there by making it easier for the system to place the players on the maps needed to vote. Once you have earned the status of voting on all maps you are released into group matchmaking status that allow groups to play together and select from a set number of maps. After it is determined by the those in charge of the game which maps are viable, voting weighing a notable part, drop them into a community forge playlist. As the votes for the maps continue by the community playing them, they could be incorporate into the regular play lists. It would help to ensure play ability of the maps and bring new maps into regular multiplay on a sustained basis.

Third, the addition of wreckage and/or "inert" ships and vehicles that would give more texture and color to an environment would be a very nice touch. It may be possible as the game is being developed certain items from the campaign or multiplayer maps could be rendered for forge while they are in creation.

Lastly, if does continue in Halo 4, it would be nice to be able to have a color pallet for the forge items, were applicable, and even the ability to make the shapes have a stone, wood, metal or natural finish. There are geometric shapes that can be added to give more range to the structure, maybe themselves having thickness and/or dimensional properties that are adjustable. The same could be applied to elements such as trees, waterfalls, and possibly a localized fog or steam. I realize that items that show movement are much trickier to implement, but who knows what is possible on a limited scale.

Not much really needs to be added to forge to improve it. Since forge has become so widely used and incorporated into the game, I would be willing to pay extra for a "Special Edition" of the game that brought us more flexibility in forge world. If there is an effort to keep forge in mind while items and pieces of the game is being created, it may be there that more can be given to our beloved forge world. Giving us more may ultimately increase the life span of Halo 4 and keep the play lists fresh with new maps, which is always a plus.

One additional thought. Possibly offer different environmental platforms such as an urban, jungle, mountainous, and areas similar to the actual campaign part of the game environment to build off of.

• Like 2

Make forge ground-up like in custom edtion. But add in more vehicles, map sizes and and vehicle options. (say I want to make a phantom with a wraith cannon, but it would be slower and weaker with no transport ablites. Plus a few shots to the engines and it goes down quick. Hornets and banshes tear them up.