Halo 2 Remastered for 12th Halo Anniversary

Arbiter

Halo 2 Remake!  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake the original Halo online multiplayer?

• Yes, definitely!
    • It would be nice, but won't kill me if they don't.
    • Do not care either way.
    • No I do not see that it is necessary.
    • Just bring the original back online.

Halo: Combat Evolved got it because it was the first game in the series, and its ten year anniversary was coming up. It was the start of a franchise that would soon become (arguably) one of the most popular FPS franchises of the decade. Also, a remastering of Halo 2 might take away from the budget of Halo 5 and 6, and I personally wouldn't like that.

Yes, I already know this. But Halo 5 and 6 won't be out for a couple years at a time. And the profits from Halo 4 and (the possible) Halo 2 Remake would help towards the budget for both games.

Yes, I already know this. But Halo 5 and 6 won't be out for a couple years at a time. And the profits from Halo 4 and (the possible) Halo 2 Remake would help towards the budget for both games.

Or they could put halo 2 online and arguably make a more long term profit since halo 2 online will last longer then the immidiate sales then people will stop playing due to the fact they don't like remake.

IMO, Long term = Put original halo 2 back online.

Halo: Combat Evolved was the Campaign of the decade. All games tried to follow suit after that. Halo when it first came out was like the Beatles when they first appeared before the public. It was Halomania? Though Halo 2's mulitplayer was more efficient and grabbing the hours from gamers all around, Halo's campaign was so epic they had to remake it. I do wish however that 343i plan on creating a remake of Halo 2's multiplayer, I could go without the campaign, H2's campaign wasn't that good.

Well halo 2 is the only halo not on 360 or live so it will be awsome to have all 3 original halos back on live.

See this is a weird topic for me. Although I would never oppose an H2 remake. At the same time if they remake H2 then people would want H3 remake, then we would just get spammed with remakes. I loved Halo 2 but I can't really go "for" or "against" this idea. I personally only see 343i remaking Halo CE because it was the first. Being the first to launch this series made it very special in its own right.

P.S. However if they did remake Halo 2, I would buy it.

Well the design will be renewed. Best multiplayer maps ever, best story line/best fulfilling campaign that is long. And that is when the majority of the Halo community started, like me.

Halo 2, to me, is just a good game. I personally don't see it as anything great, but I do enjoy playing it from time to time. The things that, to me, keep it from being great are the amount of glitches, lack of polish, and the boring level design.

I voted for the second option on the poll.

Well the design will be renewed. Best multiplayer maps ever, best story line/best fulfilling campaign that is long. And that is when the majority of the Halo community started, like me.

Personally I prefer the storylines of Halo: CE, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo Wars over Halo 2. The story was....interesting, but I had to play through some boring fights and levels to get to it. I didn't really enjoy fighting any of the enemies in Halo 2, and often find myself trying to just skip past them.

Halo 2 campaign was the best one! Every mission had a purpose, it was fun, you got the best insight On both races

Halo: Combat Evolved was the Campaign of the decade. All games tried to follow suit after that. Halo when it first came out was like the Beatles when they first appeared before the public. It was Halomania? Though Halo 2's mulitplayer was more efficient and grabbing the hours from gamers all around, Halo's campaign was so epic they had to remake it. I do wish however that 343i plan on creating a remake of Halo 2's multiplayer, I could go without the campaign, H2's campaign wasn't that good.

Should they re-master another one of the best stories of all time or leave it alone untouched again it was one of the first game with xbox live.

leave it or change it? :thumbsup:

Do to numerous threads a poll has been added by a Moderator and this thread has been pinned.

they should just leave it the way it was since im playing it right now on xbox connect and its great. i also just bought it for the pc

I say that they should remake it, and use Halo 2's engine for the multiplayer instead of Reach's like they did for Combat Evolved. However, the Anniversary playlists on Halo : Reach were awesome and feel like a whole new game which gave me a lot of trust for 343, but I would like to see a whole new multiplayer for the remake of Halo 2.

They should remake Halo 2 and while there at it bring the pistol, plasma pistol, and needler back from Halo 1. The needler in Halo 1 I think had a little bit more of a bite and the pistol, and plasma pistol definitely had more bit I mean come on the pistol, and plasma pistol in Halo 2 sucked they sucked so bad I didnt even use them and Halo 3 is fine the way it is it would be interesting to see what it would look like with its graphics upgraded but I think it is fine the way it is.

I say that they should remake it, and use Halo 2's engine for the multiplayer instead of Reach's like they did for Combat Evolved. However, the Anniversary playlists on Halo : Reach were awesome and feel like a whole new game which gave me a lot of trust for 343, but I would like to see a whole new multiplayer for the remake of Halo 2.

I agrre on this :)

• 2 weeks later...