Halo 2 Remastered for 12th Halo Anniversary

Arbiter

Halo 2 Remake!  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake the original Halo online multiplayer?

• Yes, definitely!
    • It would be nice, but won't kill me if they don't.
    • Do not care either way.
    • No I do not see that it is necessary.
    • Just bring the original back online.

If they re-make it I want it to be exactly like the old Halo 2. Nothing changed, just maybe SLIGHTLY updated graphics and to have the 360 live capabilities. I do not want them changing anything else like the bxr'ing, double shotting, superjumping... those are what made the game so great.

I would love a remake, just not for the 12th anniversary. That would happen way to quick. Maybe for the 20th anniversary, or 10th anniversary of when Halo 2 was made. Halo 3 for 30th anniversary, if Xbox makes it to then :P

Way to quick? Lol, Let's not get carried away. I would like to play the remake before I become an old man. 20 years is WAY too long and H3 30 year anniversary remake sounds ridiculous. H2 needs to happen within the next couple if years or not at all. As for Halo 3.....why would we even consider remaking a game that is already on Xbox 360 and still has xbl service? We just need a Halo 2 remake for the 360 so ALL halo games can be on the same console. I absolutely loved Halo 2 so if 343 is planning on another remake I would be stoked. BUT they MUST make it as close to the original Halo 2 as possible. I will NOT purchase another BS remake where we don't get the original Multi player game play. Halo CE anniversary Multi player was a huge let down for me....

Why would H2 need to be remastered? Its the perfect game already!!!

Simple, we want to be able to play Halo 2 on Xbox live again.

First they need to get Hired Gun in and let them handle the remake and give them all the time in the world to remaster this game. They did a good job on the port to Vista, but the end result was in many ways and to most people horrid... (IT WAS NOT THEIR FAULT) it was Microsofts or someone there.... they wanted the game redone in say i guess a month.... they were just rushed so much, they could not do what they wanted do to the game and let the gamers experience halo 2 on a whole new level with cool custom content and many many many more things... but they could not due to the time limit... to get the product out asap and get it out with the release with Vista and the Release of Games For Windows LIVE...

They just need fix the Co-OP, theater mode, spectator mode, Matchmaking, maybe just touch up the graphics A Bit O Lot and made it look clean and refreshed, bring in the Reach Graphics look, but keep the Reach mechanics/engine OUT!!!.

OH AND FOR ZOMBIES GAMES.... WHEN YOU GET INFECTED... YOU TURN INTO A FLOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!! not just turn green and stuffs... don't know why Flood have not been brought into MP... esp for Zombies.... :crazy: :drinks:

again just leave out all the Halo Reach B.SSSS. out of halo 2, if they decide to redo the game at some point in time.

They should spice up the animations and everything and just keep everything halo 2 and just leave it the way it is really. But far more vibrant ya dig.

oh and allow maps to be made on the computer and allowed to be shared on the PC/xbox 360/720/900/#3/Lil Box/ because that would be awesomes :) because im sure there are a lot of people that would love to be able to make custom maps for the game via ground up and im sure it would be a huge hit too and along with forge mayyyyybe ? :)

@ XHN SCRAPY

If they were doing internally why not the Halo 4 graphics engine and halo 4 assests. But I would rather 343 hire saber and certain infinity again and do the same thing as they did with anniversary and let you switch between new and old graphics. Then give me more maps (AND FIRE FIGHT!!!!!) for Halo 4! Halo 2 multi player was good back in the day, but I rather have the refined MP from Halo 4 (with all of the forge and theatre and all of those other fancy gizmos). Then stop with the remakes (even though I doubt they would even consider doing that because it's already on the 360 and still doesn't look bad) and then convince microsoft that they should include backwards compatibility for the next xbox so that they can rerelease these when ever and not have to do any work.

No, they don't need to make a remake of every Halo game. It will make them look lazy and unimaginative. They had so many doubt about remaking CE, so I doubt they will remake 2 anyways.

No, they don't need to make a remake of every Halo game. It will make them look lazy and unimaginative. They had so many doubt about remaking CE, so I doubt they will remake 2 anyways.

Nobody said they have to remake every game...we just want H2 on Live again. Why is that a problem? I would consider 343 lazy if they don't remake the only Halo game not on Live.

Do you have a link to these doubts about CE? I hear a lot of information that is never backed up.

Nobody said they have to remake every game...we just want H2 on Live again. Why is that a problem? I would consider 343 lazy if they don't remake the only Halo game not on Live.

But then when halo 3 goes offline they will ask for that back because its gone offline. And for reach, halo 4 when it does etc etc.

This is goingto be an on going thingi if they remake halo 2.

• Like 1

Do you have a link to these doubts about CE? I hear a lot of information that is never backed up.

If they release a Halo 2 anniversary come 2014, then don't be surprised to see a demand for a Halo 3 anniversary when 2017 rolls around and so on.

Also this isn't the interview I was looking for, but it may have to do.

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/11/343-industries-part-1/#more-94546

I think we are very conscious that people have very, very fond memories of when they first played Halo, and that’s not something that we wanted to mess with.

Just to compound what Dan said, the magic of Halo and the “secret sauce” is the game-play, and if you moved it to a different engine, if you moved it to a different technology you’d lose that essence.

So essentially they didn't want to mess with any of the memories fans had had, but they decided to make everything exactly the same, and that is why it worked.

If they release a Halo 2 anniversary come 2014, then don't be surprised to see a demand for a Halo 3 anniversary when 2017 rolls around and so on.

Also this isn't the interview I was looking for, but it may have to do.

http://www.wired.com...t-1/#more-94546

I think we are very conscious that people have very, very fond memories of when they first played Halo, and that’s not something that we wanted to mess with.

Just to compound what Dan said, the magic of Halo and the “secret sauce” is the game-play, and if you moved it to a different engine, if you moved it to a different technology you’d lose that essence.

So essentially they didn't want to mess with any of the memories fans had had, but they decided to make everything exactly the same, and that is why it worked.

Those weren't doubts, that was good solid thinking. Not memories for remembrance sake, they didn't want to mess with the gameplay of the game they were certainly going to release. I think you introduced the doubt part. I think they were saying, OK we are going to do this thing but we don't want to mess with the engine because that would upset the apple cart. Rock solid thinking, not doubt.

Those weren't doubts, that was good solid thinking. Not memories for remembrance sake, they didn't want to mess with the gameplay of the game they were certainly going to release. I think you introduced the doubt part. I think they were saying, OK we are going to do this thing but we don't want to mess with the engine because that would upset the apple cart. Rock solid thinking, not doubt.

You're mixing up the meaning od doubt with disbelief. The two things I quoted were doubt because they thought it could have a negative effect on people's memories. Disbelief in the same scenario would have them say something like, "we thought this would never work because it would ruin memories".

You're mixing up the meaning od doubt with disbelief. The two things I quoted were doubt because they thought it could have a negative effect on people's memories. Disbelief in the same scenario would have them say something like, "we thought this would never work because it would ruin memories".

It's not as complex as you let on. They simply decided not to screw with CE because they knew it would adversely affect sales, there was no doubt about making the game imo, they knew it would sell. It was a simple and wise decision, and by making that decision there was no doubt.

I have no idea where you pulled disbelief from.

• 2 weeks later...

Should they re-master another one of the best stories of all time or leave it alone untouched again it was one of the first game with xbox live.

leave it or change it? :thumbsup:

Do to numerous threads a poll has been added by a Moderator and this thread has been pinned.

As long as they don't remake the music i find it ok for a halo 2 remake. Some of the songs in halo anniversary were remastered poorly. the original halo 2 music brought a lot of emotion and matched the atmosphere. so I hope they keep the music as it is

Yes please, Halo 2 was the first time I was excited about a sequel to a game.

But one thing I'd like to point out. Please make it it's own type. and not using a matchmaking system

of one of the other halo's. That's what I hated about Halo anniversary. It just used the Halo Reach system.

why do people think that if they remake H2 theyre gonna have to do the same for all halos? if the remake H2 then all halos will have online and be on xbox 360. The whole thing of halo can be one one console! currently halo 2 is the only one that lacks these. and last time i checked 343 doesnt do "favorites" so a Halo 2 anniversary would not be a stupid idea

This is how and why a Halo 2 Remake needs to happen:

The why, simple:

Fans want it

There is money in remaking it

It would complete the Forunner Saga (Halo Reach-Halo 3) in HD on the Xbox 360

To compete with COD and EA (BF3 and MoH) pumping out shooters every year, 343i and Saber Interactive can release Halo 2 HD in 2013, NLT 2014. It doesn't have to be on the 12th or 15th year aniv. of Halo.

Make it 39.99 like Halo CE Aniv., which was a great price for you got in return.

How they should make it:

1. Just like Halo Combat Evolve Aniversary (Halo CE Aniv.). Have Saber Interactive and 343 Industries (343i) put an HD cover of the original engine for Halo 2.

2. Just like Halo CE Aniv. have 3D enabled for gamers/fans that like 3D HD gaming.

3. If possible create the final mission where Master Chief is on "The Ark" and ends up falling into the atmosphere for the Beggining of Halo 3. You already have a template for this level in the Halo: Uprising Novel and just need Saber Interactive to use the engine for the game that Bungie designed and make the level (have 4-8 checkpoint parts in the level and like 1-2 Five to Ten min. cutscene. Then you can cut into the Gravemind/Cortana cutscene. It can be released with the Halo 2 HD remake in 2013/2014 or later in the form of DLC if it takes long to develop, create, and be ready for fans to play. Bungie stated that they always wanted to have that level in the game (fans too, with us all a little dissapointed with the cliffhanger ending). This would make Halo 2 complete and the way it should have been. Cause in my opinion, Halo 2 would have been the best Halo ever if it didn't have that cliffhanger ending. I mean it is the best and most known multiplayer game of all time (me and friends still take about Halo 2 multiplayer and campaign and how it was what got us to buy an xbox and play the original Halo CE.

4. Like Halo CE Aniv. include a map pack for classic Halo CE (PC version as well), Halo 2, and Halo 3 maps. Make them for Halo 4. This would make fans/online gamers/MLG players come back and play Halo 4 multiplayer, increasing the longevity of Halo 4. Brings something fresh to players new and old. Especially if you have 4-5 of these maps:

Lockout

Midship

Beaver Creek (know it was remade in Reach but a great map)

Hang Em High (same as above)

Elongation

Colossus

Ascension (same as above)

Ivory Tower (same as above)

Foundation

Warlock

Sanctuary (same as above)

Headlong (same as above)

Zanzibar

Guardian

Narrows

The Pit

Snowbound

Burial Mounds

District

Uplift

Also if 343i was smart, they would make a subscription service like Battlefield 3 Premium, Call of Duty Elite, Bungie Pro, etc. and release a remake of a classic make for free to subscribers every 1-3 months to keep Halo 4-6 multiplayer fresh and trips down memory lane. 343i could release alongside the new maps that subscribers get by paying for the service.

4. Like Halo CE Aniv. you need to have achievements. Fans got them in Halo 2 Vista, but lets be honest, H2 Vista was crap and had so many errors with playing on Windows Vista and even installing the game on current generation Computers and Laptops because they made it on Vista. :(

Also to promote fans/gamers to actually play the campaign other than for trips down memory lane and gamerscore, make playing Halo 2 HD remake, Halo CE Aniv., Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo Reach campaign/multiplayer achievements unlock armor/weapon parts/skin variations for Halo 4-6 campaign.multiplater. Like if you completed Halo: Reach - Halo 3 you unlock this weapon skin(s) and Armor piece(s). It would make the replay value higher for the campaigns of all the games as well the multiplayer of Halo 3/Halo 3: ODST, and Halo: Reach because they can unlock armor/weapon variations from unlocking those achievements. Kinda like what Halo Waypoint did with the Police and CQB helmet, body, knee, and shoulder armor unlocks in Halo: Reach.

5. Create Terminal/Data Pads/Audiologs/etc. in Halo 2 for players to find. The skulls in Halo 2 were one of the funnest and challenging thing to do alone or with a friend. It added something new to the campaign and added some replay value to see if players could make it through the levels with added difficulty. All 343i has to do with the skulls is make them useable after players collect on them on any level like Halo CE Aniv. and Halo 3. Adding Terminals/Data Pads/Audio Logs/etc. for players to find in the campaign can give 343i an opportunity to tell another layer of the Halo Universe for fans (such as maybe giving hints to where the other Spartan IIs and Spartan IIIs went to during the events of Halo: Ghosts of Onyx as an example, especially because those events happened b/w Halo 2/3 and leads in Halo: Grasslands and Kilo Five which lead into Halo 4. Make finding the Skulls and Terminals/data pads/audio logs/etc. an achievement(s) like Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo CE Aniv.

6. Co-Op Campaign over Xbox Live like Halo CE Aniv. is a must and possible because of the system link capability as well as online mulitiplayer capability of Halo 2.

These ideas would satisfy every dream a Halo fan could have for Halo 2. HD remake, achievements, and the lost level of Master Chief on "The Ark" would have fanboys heads exploiding as well as campaign fans. The classic map pack included in the game would excite multiplayer fans/MLG players because most of the maps I suggested are symetrical and have been favorites for competitive play, especially Midship, Lockout, Hang Em High, Beaver Creek, and Warlock. The map pack would bring players back to playing Halo 4 multiplayer because they have something new (and old) to play.