Geuss what?

DaveAtStateFarm

Are you serious?

Shadow, this is recognized as SPAM.

I know you're just a kid, but please try to post legitimate threads & posts here in this forum.

Some of the members are already reporting some of your posts like "0_O".

Try to bump that up by looking in the dictionary for a few words to type, instead of these 1 sentenced threads like this.

Remember, we are not Bungie.NET, we are a legitimate fan forum Halo site. Please stop these posts Shadow. -_-

Another thing, why is this in the Announcements Forum? Just why?!

And couldn't even bother to check up on the word "Geuss". It's spelled "Guess". Jeez Shadow. Is it really THAT hard?

Edited by Donut

Are you serious?

Dude, this is recognized as SPAM.

Shadow, I know you're just a kid, but please try to post legitimate posts here in this forum.

The members are already reporting some of your posts like "0_O".

Try to bump that up by looking in the dictionary for a few words to post here.

Remember, we are not Bungie.NET, we are a legitimate fan forum Halo site. Please stop these posts Shadow. -_-

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Shadow, I would just like you to know, I love this site. I would not like people just randomly saying things to obtain a higher rank, which because of the spamming, they do not deserve. Please try to have decent posts that make you worthy of obtaining Trusted Members. I hope you think this thouroghly before trying to get to Dedicated in 1.5 days.

Shadow; this is considered spam as Donut and Quantum Matrix said and it's not welcome here we all know that. Spammers tend to get slapped down with a anti-spam fly swatter if you know what i am getting at here. It doesn't take much effort to put something constructive and reasonable in a post, but making topics like this is pathetic in short terms.

You know what i think would be a reasonable punishment instead of a ban? Stripping your post count down to 0 and making you work your way back, hopefully you can do it right this time and not continue to make 1-2 worded posts like this. I could faceroll the keyboard and sure as hell come up with more then this.

Let's not come up with punishments and insults? It's not our place to be putting someone down like that. Leave it to the mods.

Let's not come up with punishments and insults? It's not our place to be putting someone down like that. Leave it to the mods.

I'm not even attempting to insult him, even i got whined at when i was approaching trusted members even when i was posting decent material and not spam. As for the punishment, i am simply suggesting which in my opinion there is nothing wrong with it. But i am not going to argue over something trivial as this. Let the mods do whatever they desire to him.

• Like 1

Let me make this clear....I have seen other members create posts noting their hitting trusted and various other member ranks. Maybe his was not as wordy, but the same non the less. Shadow I for one am happy you have made it to trusted. "Stripping him down to "0" posts for this, instead of a ban!" Are you kidding me? Seriously!

• Like 4

While normally I would frown upon spam topics....I see nothing wrong with members posting a single post like this. It's great to see our members approach a newer rank. Not everyone posts anything relevant in every post, so it is not our place to judge someones rank based on content alone. i for one am glad to see Shadow is very active and has high enthusiasm. it's a welcome morale boost here.

• Like 3

;( I'm sorriez guys. I was just so friggen close to Trusted i just couldn't take it anymore. Think of having a huge kill streak in MW3(right before MOAB) and you get shot in the back by dual wield FMGs? Kinda like that. I'm dearly sorry and I will do my best to post LEGEET posts

• Like 2

Back off guys. Absolute Dog is right and this has been done by other members and they never received any grief over it. Heck, I made one! There is no need to attack another member over having enthusiasm in the site. As an active member of this forum, he is entitled to being excited over reaching a new rank. If you MUST attack someone, do it to someone who actually spamming. Cut it out and don't be a killjoy. Let other members enjoy themselves.

• Like 2

;( I'm sorriez guys. I was just so friggen close to Trusted i just couldn't take it anymore. Think of having a huge kill streak in MW3(right before MOAB) and you get shot in the back by dual wield FMGs? Kinda like that. I'm dearly sorry and I will do my best to post LEGEET posts

Don't worry about it, man. These guys are over reacting. I see nothing wrong in posting a little sentence announcing that it's your 200th post. And Lil'beast. Take him back to zero posts? Really? I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but no one deserves that after 200 posts unless they posted "Lol" 200 times. I do see their point, though. You have been posting a lot recently and sometimes posting 4 posts in a row, in the same thread, in just a few minuets. You can just edit the first one.

I'm glad for you Shadow. You're finally purple!

Let me make this clear....I have seen other members create posts noting their hitting trusted and various other member ranks. Maybe his was not as wordy, but the same non the less. Shadow I for one am happy you have made it to trusted. "Stripping him down to "0" posts for this, instead of a ban!" Are you kidding me? Seriously!

To be fair, the reason everyone is jumping his bones on this post is simply because he spammed the forum earlier with several posts that were nothing more than a couple words, emoticons, or phrases that were not in response to anything previously said and did not contribute to the discussion. Everyone knows that that is a no no. I myself saw easily a dozen posts that either made no sense or were blatantly spam in EVERY forum. Want some for instances?

How about this one? http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/5832-new-halo-clan-excepts-nearly-all-members-hackersmodders-not-wanted/page__pid__54365?do=findComment&comment=54365

Or this one? http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/5567-if-you-need-help-with-a-map/page__pid__54428?do=findComment&comment=54428

This one? http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/4815-the-halo-universe/page__pid__41410?do=findComment&comment=41410

There are more, but I CBF to track them all down. These are just the ones that jumped out at me. Fact is, this insults me because even though I have been here for a VERY long time, I know I would get banned or have my posts deleted if I did this. As a matter of fact, when I was breaking my posts per day record AD told me to be careful not to spam or he would have to take actions. I managed to do more than 90 posts that day, all of which were legitimate posts.

That said, I believe he should be let off with a warning, and have the offending posts deleted. He IS an inexperienced member of this forum, so it IS plausible that he didn't realize that what he was doing has gotten members black named in the past.

• Like 1