Halo CEA misleading?

jsantoli1000

I immediately wanted to return the game when I realized after purchase that it was not actually the Halo 1 remake. I am busy about 99% of the time, and the only free time I had I watched youtube videos of how the multiplayer was going to be halo 1 remade. I'm not sure if this holds true to anyone else, but I was not informed that the game was no longer seeking that goal. Knowing this I would not have purchased the game, and I had no choice to be able to return it because of the game store.

The single player is amazing. Every weapon and graphics hold true to the original. Why couldn't this be the multiplayer?

I hear about splitting the fanbase. The fanbase is there because of the original Halo, nothing else.

If it wasn't for Halo: CE Xbox wouldn't have gotten where it is today, and Xbox 360 may have never even existed.

I would have gladly paid $100 or more to get the multiplayer update how the campaign is. The fact that I paid $40 for something that wasn't made clear I was getting is a disappointment in the least.

If you didn't want to split the fanbase don't announce the remake of halo 1 and get everyone excited. At this point I'm truly skeptical of buying 343i games at all in case I get something I felt like I didn't pay for.

You know OP in some ways I have to agree now with those of you who have come to the forums complaining about being mislead. I have read enough stories, some who said they were seeing some of the videos offered via You Tube or were hearing through friends about the anniversary edition of the original game of Halo. I have personally been aware of the fact that the Reach engine was being used for the match making for quite some time, but I too was initially very unhappy to find out that it was based on Reach's engine, No amount of tweaks, adjustments of damage nor any other adjustment will ever allow the current system truly reflect what we had back then using our LAN connection to battle it out with our friends.

It is understandable that many original players hearing the game was being brought back with new graphics could feel mislead. I am guilty of forgetting how many fans of the Halo series were lost. There were those who left the game series simply because life got in the way, others left out of contempt for Reach and some for other reasons. I do not really watch TV myself and am unaware of any commercial ads for Halo CEA, but did a quick search and found none. There was an effort from MS before Halo 3 of over 40 million dollars to promote that game to reach the halo faithful and newer casual players. I see were o many may feel mislead due to the lack of commercial promotion.

In the end, the remake of Halo CE's campaign was excellent as most all will admit. We never had online MM and I think time will allow most to realize there simply was not enough time or resources available considering they are creating a brand new engine, or platform, from the ground up for next years release of Halo 4. Reach's engine was the current one available so it was used. The Sabre engine would have required so much work to offer MM on it, if even possible, that it would have eaten up way too much valuable time and energy.The Halo fan base has been split prior to this and did not need any more strains, I agree. We will have the time to see what is coming for Halo 4......for that will be the actual test of 343 Industries to pass the test on whether they can reproduce the Halo and continue the series.

• Like 1

They never said that they were going to make a separate multiplayer. They told us straight up that it was going to be Reach's multiplayer but with some tweaks that make it play more like Halo, although that's what I noticed for every video I saw.

And it definitely a remake of Halo 1, they kept everything from the first one, only some glitches that are impossible to do because of the 360 memory. All they actually did was add some Kinect features and revamp the whole entire game's graphics, which are absolutely beautiful, as you said.

Although I do agree with you that multipayer would of been a beautiful step up, but I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Again. I agree with Brony Swag. I knew full well what I was getting. Am I unhappy about I not being more like what I remember from the original Halo multiplayer? YOU BET. But do I understand WHY it's that way? Yes. And Dog put it the right way. They are building a new engine for Halo 4. I'm not going to be too picky. I go my powerful pistol back. The pistol that I got tens of thousands of kills with against people from everywhere. I am content. And as has been previously stated...Halo 4 will be their TRUE TEST. And if you haven't used the game too much I'm sure you can sell it on eBay or to a person you know and not "lose" too much money. I am also just happy that they brought back some of my favorite maps...there were one or two (more like 3) that I wish they had remade. But hey, they did good and who knows...they may put out more maps or may give an option to actually truly play multiplayer like it is supposed to be...updates work wonders. I am sorry you feel like you wasted money...but try to enjoy it. Give the campaign the crest it is due. Give it more time to grow on you. You may find that the single player makes it worth it. Or we all may get lucky and get those other maps we want or an update of the multiplayer. Stay strong brother.

I immediately wanted to return the game when I realized after purchase that it was not actually the Halo 1 remake. I am busy about 99% of the time, and the only free time I had I watched youtube videos of how the multiplayer was going to be halo 1 remade. I'm not sure if this holds true to anyone else, but I was not informed that the game was no longer seeking that goal. Knowing this I would not have purchased the game, and I had no choice to be able to return it because of the game store.

The single player is amazing. Every weapon and graphics hold true to the original. Why couldn't this be the multiplayer?

I hear about splitting the fanbase. The fanbase is there because of the original Halo, nothing else.

If it wasn't for Halo: CE Xbox wouldn't have gotten where it is today, and Xbox 360 may have never even existed.

I would have gladly paid $100 or more to get the multiplayer update how the campaign is. The fact that I paid $40 for something that wasn't made clear I was getting is a disappointment in the least.

If you didn't want to split the fanbase don't announce the remake of halo 1 and get everyone excited. At this point I'm truly skeptical of buying 343i games at all in case I get something I felt like I didn't pay for.

Dude, half the fanbase we got now are kiddies that came in reach, sorry but deal with it.