Ask The Director 2.0

Are only covalent compounds called molecules? Apparently ionic ones aren't, not sure about metallic ones. E.g. There are H2O molecules, but no such thing as MgO molecules.

It's a nomenclature thing. Molecular compounds contain two or more nonmetals (not the ammonium ion). 

Is an electrophile the same as a cation, and a nucleophile the same as an anion?

In short, yes.

Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck? 

Ducks are squishy sized, and horses have to bend awkwardly to bite. And a kick from a duck-sized horse wouldn't be so bad. So I'm going with the duck sized horses.

Are you a fan of Club Penguin?

Nope.

Best time to wear a striped sweater?

Depends on whether the stripes are vertical or horizontal. Also depends upon your body type.

The most common time it's not frowned upon to wear a sweater that has stripes is generally during the autumn and winter holidays that families typically spend together. For example, Christmas.

How many pets do you have? (If any what kind of animals are they?)

One, he's a mixed breed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua. He's got the build of a Chihuahua and the fuzziness of a Pomeranian. He also doesn't bark very much.

His name is Scotch, which is funny because my wife's name is Brandy.

• Like 3

What is the meaning of life?

Well, as a noun: 

The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

As an adjective:

Of or relating to animate existence.

:troll:

• Like 1

What is a day in the life of a Moderator for 343 community forum like? :)

Depends on the mod. Myself, I wake up and check the site for reports and bots, check the chats, and then start playing ESO or whatever game I'm into at the time. Then I check in periodically to make sure that everything's alright.

we are having a party in Chem tomorrow, what snack should I bring?

Chips. Maybe some dip.

How many hours have you obtained in TESO now? 

And is the new DLC great? 

Praise Twam

Definitely over 400 so far. I've got one vet 6 dragonknight that's now specified for master crafting (woodworking and blacksmithing are at level 50 with all points in, and woodworking is level 46 with all but 1 point in). I've got a level 36 (gonna be at least 38 by tomorrow night) nightblade that's specced for combat in PVP. 

The base game patch is pretty awesome, and the non-awesome parts they're gonna fix here soon (like the dk nerf for Talons). It adds a bunch more things to do. The DLC is also really good because it adds a whole new element to PVP. I've actually been taking advantage of that, because while the majority of people are exploring the Imperial City I get a large group and we take resources for AP. :evil:

• Like 1

No, you bring GuacaMOLE... I'm very disappointed.

I'm very disappointed in YOU. Guacamole is a side, not a snack.

Silly Yoshi.

If you could create a holiday, what would it be, and would people be given the day off from work for it?

After about 30 seconds of thought I'd have to go with

Humanity Day

This day would be to celebrate our species by spending time with other members of our species. Family, friends, or even people we've never met and may not see again. People would be granted the day off so that they can spend some quality time with other people. There would be random gatherings of people just learning about each other by telling stories. Maybe even by getting each other gifts.