Ask The Director 2.0

So about this Inheritor award. I understand that if we were previously handed an award, but then they were replaced with the Inheritor award. Is there a list anywhere of the removed awards? I went from 52 to 44 (it did change to 45 today) but I can't remember what awards were removed. Also why were they removed? (if you can answer that question)

It's basically a one award for all the awards that were removed type of thing. I feel your pain though, I went from 55 (or so) down to 27 with the awards dump.

The awards were removed because the majority of them could no longer be attained or were no longer relevant (i.e. personally created awards for staff members and moderators who hadn't been either for over two years).

My girlfriend and I are having problems. Lately, she's been busy working, and when she gets home, she's extremely tired. 

She told me today that I've been too mean to her lately, and combined with work, she can't handle it. I had no idea... Then she said some things that made it sound like she was going out on a date with her best friend. I misunderstood and pressed the panic button, saying things I shouldn't, and now because of it, she's uncomfortable with me. 

She has trouble with my dry humor (Who doesn't?), and takes things too personally. I believe myself to be a very nice person... but I don't know what to do. 

My girlfriend and I are having problems. Lately, she's been busy working, and when she gets home, she's extremely tired. 

She told me today that I've been too mean to her lately, and combined with work, she can't handle it. I had no idea... Then she said some things that made it sound like she was going out on a date with her best friend. I misunderstood and pressed the panic button, saying things I shouldn't, and now because of it, she's uncomfortable with me. 

She has trouble with my dry humor (Who doesn't?), and takes things too personally. I believe myself to be a very nice person... but I don't know what to do. 

The best thing to do is communicate. Clear, concise communication to be specific. Basically, you have to talk to her without making jokes and hear how she feels and tell her how you feel. Mind you, I don't mean get into an argument. I mean sit down with her and talk about your situation, and apologize if you feel the need to.

If you two are compatible, you'll be able to work this out. If not, then things won't get any worse than they already are.

How would you describe a colour to a blind person (In your own way)

Also

Could it be possible for people with disabilities (Blind, Paralyzed, etc..) to possess a unique trait in another umm "human trait" (wasn't sure how to word it) Basically could a blind person have better smell? Could a deaf person have better vision? Etc, etc.. Since that trait doesn't exist wouldn't another trait benefit from the lack of the other? 

How would you describe a colour to a blind person (In your own way)

Also

Could it be possible for people with disabilities (Blind, Paralyzed, etc..) to possess a unique trait in another umm "human trait" (wasn't sure how to word it) Basically could a blind person have better smell? Could a deaf person have better vision? Etc, etc.. Since that trait doesn't exist wouldn't another trait benefit from the lack of the other? 

There wouldn't be an accurate way to describe color because that is something that changes with each person's perspective, and the blind person wouldn't have any perspective to work with. So I wouldn't try.

Yes, when one lacks a sense (especially one they had previously) one's mind tends to attempt to make up for this by heightening awareness with the other senses. A decent chunk of scientists believe that this a survival mechanism, but there are those who believe that the heightened senses are simply a result of no longer being distracted by the lost sense. 

In other words, if one were to lose their sight and notice that their senses of hearing, touch, and smell all increased in sensitivity, it is possible that this is either a survival mechanism or that they simply weren't aware of how acute those senses were previously because they were 'distracted' from it by their sense of sight.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this from a Vsauce video, and I don't remember if he stated it specifically. He only said that it wouldn't be instantaneous

Correct. The length of time it would take for the other senses to 'heighten' would depend entirely on the person and how they use those other senses. It's been theorized that someone who was born blind would develop heightened other sense much quicker than someone who's eyesight was lost in their 30s. The younger you are, the quicker the change should occur as well. However in most cases the change takes months at the very least, with a few cases of the change never occurring at all. 

The sense that is most likely to get an increase in sensitivity to cover for blindness is hearing, followed closely (statistically speaking) by the sense of touch. The process in which the brain uses parts of itself that were normally reserved for a sense that was lost to increase other senses is called cross-modal neuroplasticity. 

• 4 weeks later...

1. Fixed.

2. I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet. I expect to get it for Christmas though.

3. Don't have an opinion as of yet. 

Ah...it isn't showing up and it says the last time the award was given to anyone was September 8. It gave me a notification that you gave it to me, but...it's not there.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So we burn all the publishers?

Unfortunately if we did that then we wouldn't get any AAA game titles. Publishers are quite important in the video game industry, as they are the ones who pay the developers for their work. Otherwise, if a dev made one bad title their company would run the risk of going under. Instead, the publisher takes this risk for the dev and then takes a chunk of the profits for their troubles.

Yeah, publishers can be a pain, but they serve a purpose.

What are your thoughts on the second Titanic Ship that is being built?

Well, I wish them luck, but I'm not going to be on THAT maiden voyage that's for sure.

For a pacifist, can they be pretty optimistic?

Paramore song reference

I know lol and pacifists, by nature, have to be at least a little optimistic. To believe that you can live without being violent you also have to believe that you can convince others to not be violent to you.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on Time Travel? I mean, its not like we are going to be able to in the near future, if ever.

But what if it were already invented, and we don't know about it yet. What if the real reason why nothing has changed, is because when you go back in time, it doesn't affect our time line, but creates a new one? An alternate reality of what had already been, and what will be?

• Like 3

What are your thoughts on Time Travel? I mean, its not like we are going to be able to in the near future, if ever.

But what if it were already invented, and we don't know about it yet. What if the real reason why nothing has changed, is because when you go back in time, it doesn't affect our time line, but creates a new one? An alternate reality of what had already been, and what will be?

I don't believe travelling to the past is possible, but travelling to and from the future might be. Even if travelling to the past WERE possible, it would be massively irresponsible to do so. Even if there were a chance to kill Hitler, for instance, there's a possibility that doing so would lead to an even greater atrocity than the holocaust. So it's likely that if time travel is invented, it would be used to go to the future and bring knowledge back to the 'present'.

Where are you

Over there.

what do you direct?

Everything.

• Like 1

What is your professional opinion of the Xbox One as a whole? (System, Games, Apps, Etc)

Also, what do you think about the new firefight mode 'Warzone Firefight' that is coming to Halo 5?

It's a definite improvement over the Xbox 360 in pretty much every way imaginable. It's also the most durable piece of electronic equipment I've had to date. The thing survived at least 7 ounces of tea poured directly into it's top vent without any sign of damage at all. The apps are pretty easy to access and download (even though some of the app devs suck), the games play well (except for the ones where the devs suck), and I like the controller way better than a PS controller.

I have no opinion about H5 WF because I haven't had a chance to play it yet lol Sounds fun though.

how do you get that backwards b?

But more importantly, what do you think of Pokemon turning 20 this year?

By typing a lowercase D

It's a little depressing that I'm older than Pokemon by over half a decade and it's already two decades old. Also a testament to exactly how much you can milk an IP just by adding some new crap now and then.

HALO 4!!!!!???? but that game has been out since 2012!!!! you MUST be slow on the progression of halo!!!! XD

(i know you meant halo 5)

if you have a waifu who is your waifu for laifu??? and what anime is she/they from?

I have a wife, so I have no need for a waifu lol