Ask The Director 2.0

May I ask why your Display Name was once "*** goblin" ?

The name change game. I think it was Absolute Dog.

Why do teachers get stingy when the student surpasses them intellectually and mentally?

Their ego suffers and they see being corrected as usurping what little authority they have, generally.

Sonja Koch has a $90,000 loan with a 9% annual interest rate. She paid $350 for a title background check, $400 for the title insurance, $250 for deeds and attorneys, and $8,690.40 in total interest for the first year. If the APR is the finance charge (interest plus fees) for one year ÷ amount financed, what was the APR for that year?

How many repeat questions have you had from both AtD threads?

Sonja Koch has a $90,000 loan with a 9% annual interest rate. She paid $350 for a title background check, $400 for the title insurance, $250 for deeds and attorneys, and $8,690.40 in total interest for the first year. If the APR is the finance charge (interest plus fees) for one year ÷ amount financed, what was the APR for that year?

Stop trying to get TD to do your Math homework, lazy nacho lover >_<

Name person on this forum you consider to be better than you at a certain topic. (Video Games, Moderating, etc. Any topic really.)

GSD is far better than me at Halo. 

Well, if the background check, title insurance, and deeds/attorneys count as fees then that's (350+400+250)+8,690.40 = 9,690.40

And 9,690.40/90,000 = 10.76

Which rounds up to 10.8

How many repeat questions have you had from both AtD threads?

Stop trying to get TD to do your Math homework, lazy nacho lover >_<

About a hundred.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Is our universe real?

Do we actually have free will?

These questions appear to be deep, but are actually aren't.

1. Unanswerable. The question assumes that everything has a reason to it, when there might not be a reason at all. There are consequences to actions, true, but a reason implies intent. If there is no intent, then there can be no 'why'.

2. Reality is relative to the observer. In other words, a schizophrenic's reality differs from your own but since they appear in your reality, you call their reality a false reality. So yes, to you the universe is real.

3. Unanswerable. If we didn't, we would have no way of knowing for sure unless whatever was controlling us wanted us to. If we do, we have no way of confirming that we actually do unless there is a higher power in which to ask, and even if there were they could lie about it.

What would you consider to be the best video game you have ever played and why?

Honestly, it's a toss up between Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I put so much time into both of those games. I'm pretty sure that if I took the hours that I dedicated to those games and applied them towards a college degree, I would be well on my way to a doctorate lol

The reason for KotOR is that it had an immense amount of replay value. Nearly every choice you made in the game affected the way the game would turn out, as well as how the game would play. The Dark Side would give you some awesome power-ups to doing damage, while playing light side would make you nearly invincible if you played right. There was a wealth of story as well.

The reason for Morrowind is that the game was one of the best open world games ever. The tutorial was long enough to teach you the basics, but short enough that it didn't feel as if the game was an overbearing mother. It placed you in the game, and you got to decide how you wanted to play it. You want to be a great warrior who can take down even the strongest of enemies without breaking a sweat? Go right ahead. Want to be the strongest mage ever? Go for it. Want to be so stealthy that you can sneak up on someone who's looking in your direction? You can do that too. There were also a ton of game-enhancing glitches that made things more interesting as well.

I got my Halo Reach disc to work, turns out I just had to clean it, so thanks. What is your favorite bookband why?

That's great news! And if you mean book/band, then my favorite book is Halo: First Strike and my favorite band is a toss-up between Disturbed and Mudvayne.

What do you consider the craziest thing you've ever done (that you're ok with sharing)?

Rappelling out of a helicopter was pretty crazy.

I figured as much. Cake or pie?

Cake, despite it's status as a lie.

'kay, this one's important.

Why does it burn when I PvP?

Because you prefer PvE.

in your opinion, is New York City or Los Angeles better?

I've never been to New York City, but I have been to LA. I liked LA quite a bit. However, I don't know if New York is better or not, but I have to give it to LA by default.