Halo 5 Should Be For The Xbox 360

Perkyman

Nope. Though many would love for that to happen... 

I think it would be a bad move for MS. They are trying to move the franchise forward, and to build a better game, they need better hardware and software. In order for Halo to improve and not be limited, it needs to move to Xbox One. Being on 360 limits the engines they can use and can also harm them more than help them.

I think that it's better for the fans, the company, and the

video game franchise if the game was made for only

the next gen console. We all want it to move forward, and

for that to happen we have to keep upgrading!

Good thought tho, Perkyman! Way to get involved

in discussion!

As much as I love the Xbox 360 it's time to move on.

Either the Halo 5 enigine will not have a full potential because held back by the 360 or the 360 get's a port which would kinda mke it like CoD on the Wii (It's terrible... Believe me).

Also didn't 343i state that they'll be developing games with the Xbox One as base from now on?

• Like 1

The Xbox 360 could barely handle Halo 4, I have trouble believing that it could handle an entirely new engine designed to run Halo 5 without any issues. It's also bad from a business standpoint, tons of people have an Xbox 360 or can get one for relatively cheap, but the Xbox One is a fresh new console, it needs exclusives like Halo 5 to build a solid following under it. Bringing Halo 5 to the Xbox 360 would only lower the amount of people buying an Xbox One.

• Like 1

I actually agree that it would be possible to get a version of Guardians that worked on the Xbox 360, and provided that it was properly optimised and carefully structured, I'm pretty sure it would be possible to get comparable levels of graphics and physics whilst still maintaining 720p/30fps. Sure there'd be more loading screens and they would last longer, things would be a bit less good looking and there would certainly need to be more discs (and possibly a mandatory install for all of them), but it's definitely possible.

The thing is that it's not going to happen, though. Developing for more than one console incurs a vast increase in costs, and then of course there'd need to be two teams working on patches, bug fixes, coding etc once the game had released. And then on top of that there's the big issue of Microsoft needing new exclusives to encourage people to buy the Xbox One, as while it has some great game sat the moment it still doesn't have as many essential core titles as it should, and while Titanfall was supposed to be a big system-seller it didn't do nearly as well, or have nearly the lasting appeal, that most people seemed to think and hope it would.

Even though the Halo series has taken a bit of a beating from the fans on the basis of the last two games, I think a lot of us would still be excited enough by the release of a new instalment to consider buying a new console outright (I know I'm planning to pick up an Xbox One a few weeks before the next Halo title comes out) and so while bringing it to the Xbox 360 might well increase the amount of money Microsoft made from selling it, it would definitely hurt Xbox One adoption rates and cost them money both in hardware and on R&D for the second version on the weaker console, and that would be worse in the long run.

So while it's a nice idea, and it's definitely possible from a technical standpoint, the chances of it actually happening are just about nil. Sorry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It will never come out for the 360, I mean great console and all, but business aside.

It would be stupid, it's more likely the 360 cannot even handle Halo 5.

I do not buy a xbox original and hope for halo 3 to release on that.

Or a horse expecting a 4x4 drive.