Mysterious symbol on the unknown spartan from the new Halo 5 Guardians trailer

Looks like a portion of the ONI or Office of Naval intelligence symbol. Its also on his chest. ONI was shut down after Reach if I remember correctly, or that is weird.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Link removed, please don't post off-site links.

Looks like a portion of the ONI or Office of Naval intelligence symbol. Its also on his chest. ONI was shut down after Reach if I remember correctly, or that is weird.

Symbol and like to article which also spotted this: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/16/halo-5-guardians-office-of-naval-intelligence-emblem-spotted-on-new-box-art/

ONI was on still on post Reach events. They actually get involved with Halsey in Halo 4. So they are definitely around.

That symbol may be a armor skin but who knows

Edited by Yoshi1176

You do not remember correctly. ONI never shut down at all. As a matter of fact, the Karen Travis books are all about ONI, post covenant war.

The symbol on his head appears to be similar to a player emblem. 

Does the symbol have to be related to anything organizational wise? I mean come on for all we know it is just a piece of decoration that individual put on their armor.

I see what you're saying in a way, but even so, if we find out what the symbol is and the meaning behind it, it could give us more insight and this Spartan's background more depth. Even if that depth only reaches the Spartan's personality, it still leaves us knowing more.

• Like 1