Neutron

Zaelkyria

Hi guys !

New map, inspired by the map Brimstone, by WARH0LIC.

A part of the map is in the space, with 50% gravity.

Neutron

neutro10.jpg

GamerTag : SnR Zaelkyria

Map : Neutron

Description : A small 4 vs 4 map.

Weapons :

- x8 BRs ( 10s )
- x4 Fragmentation grenades ( 30s )
- x1 Plasma Pistol ( 60s )
- x2 CCs ( 30s )
- x4 Stucks ( 60s ) 
- x1 Boltshot ( 60s )
- x4 LRs ( 45s )
- x1 Binary ( 180s, two munitions )
- x1 Canon Incendiaire ( 180s, non-placed at start, one munition )
- x4 Pulses ( 30s )

Game Types :

- Slayer

- Oddball
- Ricochet

Screens :

Overviews : 

neutro11.jpg

neutro12.jpg

Red base : 

neutro13.jpg

Blue base :

neutro14.jpg

Red Spawn : 

neutro15.jpg

Red Way : 

neutro16.jpg

Red Cover :

neutro17.jpg

Red Lava : 

neutro18.jpg

Space ( Binary ) :

neutro19.jpg

Principal way : 

neutro20.jpg

Bottom Mid' ( Canon Incendiaire ) :

neutro21.jpg

Top Mid' :

neutro22.jpg

forge_10.png

This looks like a well-forged map which I would be happy to try out.  However, your choice of power weapons scares me.  Both the binary rifle and the incineration cannon are extremely overpowered weapons.  I would argue that neither weapon can be balanced by a map's geometry, as they are both fundamentally broken.  

So, what say you to replacing those weapons with, say, a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher respectively?

• Like 1

Aren't rocket launchers overpowered as well? I mean, I personally have a grudge against rocket launchers on any 4v4 map, but hey, that's just me.

I placed those weapons because of their colour, according with lava ...

But I can change the Binary by a Scattershot.

And thanks. :3

I agree the concussion rifle and scattershot are much more balanced power weapons for this map.

This map also looks beautiful I love the Impact forge canvas very very good job!

EDIT: Why not a concussion rifle and sniper? 

The weapons you place on your map should be decided by the map's design, not by the color. The Forerunner weapons are all poorly designed to varying degrees: the binary rifle and incineration canon are flat- out overpowered, the scattershot is incredibly inconsistent, the bolts got is terrible as a secondary, etc. forget about the color, and pick weapons that actually fit the map in how they play rather than how they look.

And in what way would you suggest rockets are overpowered, Rayner.

• Like 1

As in you have two bullets per magazine, and the kill radius is only very slightly smaller than the incineration cannon's. It is more difficult to dodge the rockets as such; the incineration cannon, if he misses one shot, he's dead. The rocket launcher, however, he has an extra chance to take you out. It is also more difficult to accidentally commit suicide with the rocket launcher. Same with the fuel rod, you have no kill radius with the fuel rod, but you have five shots. I mean, at least one of them will hit your target.

Say, the person has the jet pack. With the incineration cannon, you only have one chance to hit him, the rocket launcher, you have two, and the fuel rod, you have five.

....or maybe I just kinda suck at halo ;)

Aren't rocket launchers overpowered as well? I mean, I personally have a grudge against rocket launchers on any 4v4 map, but hey, that's just me.

Rocket Launchers have been a staple in Halo 4v4 maps since the beginning. They are definitely not overpowered like the Dubstep Cannon.

Anyway, the map looks rather nice although I don't understand the 3x3 block at the last picture. Looks so random.

I just want Forerunner weapons, for the color ... ><

So you're sacrificing broken weapons and actually making a balanced map just for pretty poorly balanced weapons? C'mon man you made an amazing map at least make it an amazing balanced map.

I think this could be a trade off good people. The Incineration Cannon Is an initial, on map spawn (not ordinance) that does not respawn and only has 2 shots from spawn and is placed a spot of equal distance from both initial spawns. Rocket Launcher is then a not spawn from start weapon that comes in 180 seconds into the game. The sniper is an initial spawn that has 180 respawn. Do these seem like a reasonable middle ground?

Also, to many Precision. most 4v4 Arena maps have 1 or 2 of any 2 Utility Precision Rifle variants (CC, BR, LR or DMR), and with BRs so popular, so 2 LRs and 2 CCs is a better way to go, providing more variety. Also, as your map is forerunner, I would drop the sticky grenades all together if your gonna have on map grenades. cycling through 3 different grenade types can be tedious, now we have to use the D-Pad.