What do you guys want in Halo 5 forge?

Buns

I am curious to know what the community wants for Halo 5 Forge. 
I for one would love some sort of component similar to Minecraft Redstone(Imagine the endless combinations of gadets and doo hickeys and honestly it isn't far fetched. People have created awesome contraptions since Halo 3. Tricky to make but still amazing.)
I would love a sleuth of other things as well but I'll save that for something special I have in store to show everyone.
Some sort of terrain editor or ability to add Bots.
So please leave your suggestions/what you want for Halo 5 forge down below!

• Like 3

That'd be awesome! A whole category called switched or something, I can see doors, elevators, etc. I get so excited thinking about it :drool:

Something I'd like to see is a biome selector of some kind, so you can choose to change a selected area to snow light, snow heavy, rain light, rain heavy, sunny, cloudy, desert, desert windy, and thunderstorm. So not just biomes but any possible outdoor setting.

• Like 1

That biome idea is amazing! I can just imagine all the flood maps with an even better atmosphere! Or CTF maps with a blizzard! Oh glob it would go along perfectly with a terrain editor to basically make a new map altogether!

well if forge mode could have forrunner bridges an structures that would be cool.. forerunner tech an so new structures.. bringing back zoom in would be nice to.. I forge on halo 4 an I can build a map but it would be better if I could zoom up.. also the trees wasn't bad.. but forge island.. who's half fast work was that? reach had a better forge world.. if you think this was a good idea plz do inbox me thanx..

• Like 1

well if forge mode could have forrunner bridges an structures that would be cool.. forerunner tech an so new structures.. bringing back zoom in would be nice to.. I forge on halo 4 an I can build a map but it would be better if I could zoom up.. also the trees wasn't bad.. but forge island.. who's half fast work was that? reach had a better forge world.. if you think this was a good idea plz do inbox me thanx..

I miss zoom too :c I think foreurnner interactive structures would be a great idea! Just imagine you push a button and a door opens(silly I know but it would make door systems in forge a lot less complex.)

I would like to see an aging effect, or make something look damaged. For instance you can make it look like a bridge was destroyed by falling objects and make it look really old, besides the special fx.

That is another amazing idea I love it! This along with the biome editor could really make an amazing atmosphere for some maps and adds a lot of depth for creating maps! Bravo!

• 2 months later...

I want forge world from reach, but what I think halo 5 needs is textures for blocks and etc.. ,halo 5 also needs customizable climates (rain, snow, day night etc.

I would like it if they let u have unlimited money and things in the forge menu, I would also like it if they made it so u didn't have to wait so long to go into player mode make it like reach

remember you don't always get what you want

• 6 months later...

i want the ability to add AI players on to forge maps. also the ability to add drop zones for enemy AI's. being to be able to play with AI grunts, jackels, elites, spartans, marines, and ODST's, maybe even hunters would make multiplayer feel more like an actual battle then just spartan on spartan or just spartan and elites. would also be nice to bring back fire fight and make those maps forgable too. cant tell you how much time ive spent on fire fight. spartan ops is ok for an extended story but not for continuos play like fire fight. once you played the ops mission not much of a reason to go back and play. i liked being able to take on waves of enemys and being able to change the settings of theses waves like on reach. would be a huge game changer if we could forge it too. firefight could be an extra multiplayer/single player game type with options in forge. would even be pretty cool if the AI players and enemy/friendly troop drop zones could be added to any game type as well. dont get me wrong i like halo multi player but sometimes it feels more like training then being out in the battle field. this would add that new element and bring more of that action.

what would be cool is if there was an AI of some sort, for generic battles, like it could spawn a whole other team of spartans for you to fight on the map you have created. and to test the spawn points, also it would be amazing if there was a texture/terrain editor and/or weather changer.

new idea. what if there was a tools menuof some sort? 

for things such as a color changer, texture changer, weather changer, physics changer, weight changer, etc..???

Definitely a higher freaking budget, as with the next gen power it's more than possible to have a lot of objects on screen at once. All of the vehicles from the Halo series in forge. Especially the Pelican and Phantom :D.

Having a next gen console does not automatically equate to being able to have a larger budget or render more polys ingame. What it all comes down to is how efficiently the engine can display the polys and how many polys the models and or game assets are created with. If you had Halo 2 style and resource assets for say Halo 4, then your budget would have been 7 times what is was.

What I am trying to say is, that there is no doubt that Halo 5 will have a very detailed collection of assets, and with that detail there will need to be a trade-off, whether it be budget, or LOD or whatever else you can logistically conceive. Also keep in mind that hardware has nothing to do with how efficiently the software or engine utilizes the hardware.

That'd be awesome! A whole category called switched or something, I can see doors, elevators, etc. I get so excited thinking about it :drool:

Something I'd like to see is a biome selector of some kind, so you can choose to change a selected area to snow light, snow heavy, rain light, rain heavy, sunny, cloudy, desert, desert windy, and thunderstorm. So not just biomes but any possible outdoor setting.

:thumbsup:

Ok, so i've been forging since the start of Reach, and I have quite the list of things I would LOVE to see in Halo 5

-Include the Duplication & Magnet tools from Halo 4

-Add a Lighting tool, to create light points in objects, like making pot lights in ceilings, etc

-Include more vehicles from past games. the Hornet and Falcon need to come back, but also include vehicles we've seen in Halo Wars and past Halo games. (Scarab mobile bases anyone? Bigger servers, more people. Imagine two of those things fighting it out while your trying to play some CTF, or worse yet, if the flag is IN the Scarab.)

-Get rid of personal ordnance. Keep ordnance drops. The feel of being under fire and having a few pods drop at a drop zone just looks and feels perfect!

-Add weather effects. A snow storm, a sand storm, a rain storm, hell, bring on the hellfire and brimstone! Weather effects would rock, and change forge forever!

-Although it will never happen, because it would eliminate the demand for DLC, a terraforming tool would be awesome. 

-The option to put in different sizes of Glass panels would be awesome. There have been sooo many times where putting up a pane of glass would change the dynamics of certain maps. 

-Breakable objects. Breakable glass, buildings, etc, would rock. We see some of that in the barriers, but they never get completely destroyed. 

-More weird, awesome drivables... I WANT MAH FORKLIFT RACES!!!

-Interactive objects. Buttons that can activate bridges or doors, would be sweeeet

-AI's. I know its been mentioned before, along with many of the above, but being able to set up your own firefight would be sick. Creating a game that you need to go through an Invasion scenario, capturing objectives, and destroying the covenant would rock. 

-Body objects. Placing dead bodies would help machinima directors with set design, and creating feels for certain gametypes. (Flood anyone?)

-Item Despawn. Having items Despawn after like, what was it, three seconds? Thats crap. If a warthog explodes, i think it needs to stay on the feild for at least a minute. Makes cover for people and starts a feel. Invasion, five vehicles spread across the field cloaked in flame? Hell yes sir!

-Outside Assistance. This is a little different. being similar to CoD and Personal Ordanance, getting kill points and being able to call in airstrikes or AI drop offs would rock. Similar to CoD, kinda like TitanFall. Would change battlefield dynamics with several different aspects of attack. 

I could list more, but i believe that this is a long enough list, for now XD 

• Like 1

Ability to be any character you want... It would be awesome having a bunch of crewmen vs a heap of grunts. the HUD might have to get swapped up abit for each but that's been mentioned before regarding spartan helmets. Machinima would be taken a step ahead.