Remake?

Spartanslayer17

I would like to see Halo 2 with bigger and better graphics, as well as achievements. Halo 2 was my favorite campaign out of the Halo games, because it had some darn good one liners. :D Halo 3 already has pretty decent graphics, and achievements, so why does it need a remake? o.o

i agree halo 3 doesnt need a remake its already has good graphics but halo 2 needs more grahphics and multiplayer again its own multiplayer it also had my favorite campaign story

I could not agree more with having no remakes. Halo 1 was only remade because it is now the 10th Ann of it's release. They didn't decide to remake it because it needed an overhaul. By most standards, Halo 1 is still pretty much the bees knees when it comes to playing anything Halo. The story alone without tweaks was phenomenal. It was the first game I played that actually made me feel like I was there and sucked me in 100%. The engine itself has also stood the test of time. Even today you can always find large groups of people still developing new techniques and modifications using the basic tool set that was provided. Show me any other title that still has the fanbase Halo 1 has. Any future Halo title remake would not hold the same sentimental or reminiscent value that Halo 1 brings.

Hell, there is even a project going on from Kornmann called Open Sauce. With it, he has been able to post process the graphics of Halo 1 to match Halo 3. Show me another titles game engine from 10 years ago that could do that! These are all just some of the reasons that only Halo 1 deserves a remake.

Halo 3 graphically and story wise wa pretty solid. Despite what most players will say, I enjoyed it very much, and if I still had the game disc or digital download, I would still play it today. Help me help you by saying NO MORE REMAKES!!!!!! Spread the word!

• Like 2

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary was made because it started a new era for shooting games and was the first game in the halo series. halo 2 and 3 did not start the series and the first one was better, even if they did make remakes, they would probably add in to the campaigns and make it better and not just keep it the same.

• 4 weeks later...
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary was made because it started a new era for shooting games and was the first game in the halo series. halo 2 and 3 did not start the series and the first one was better, even if they did make remakes, they would probably add in to the campaigns and make it better and not just keep it the same.

Halo 2 is where matchmaking started for the halo franchise. Halo 2 would be the only halo game thats not on the xbox 360. HD remake of Halo 2 would be awesome but we dont need a huge overhaul, just xbox live capability again. Maybe they can just touch up the graphics and give us multiplayer. As for halo 3, why in the world would it need a remake? Its on the 360, its perfect the way it is, and its the best multiplayer game out there that is compatible with xbox live. Halo 2 definitely deserves a remake tho, it jump started xbox live and thats a fact.

We NEED a remake of Halo 2. It's the only game besides CEA that needs a remake. Halo 2 started first-person shooters! It totally needs it. The graphics are nothing compared to Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo CEA.

As for Halo 3 now, i think we just need an update. Giving better graphics. A remake would be totally un-necessary. An entirely new game? Just no. An update would bring back players to the Halo franchise. Better graphics, new remastered maps, it's all we need. But now that you think about it, why dont you just put in that feature in Halo CEA. How you can switch back to old graphics, and back to the new. It'd be sick and I, personally, would go back to H3. It'd be totally awesome and epic.

I stated in another post on the Halo 2 forums, they don't have as much of importance as the first one. Sure they're great games and all, but they are just.... sequels... Nothing too special.

If they did, then it would be an infinite loop of remakes and we would get nowhere in life. :P

No, Halo CE was and is something special for the fans celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the making of halo. 343.I explored this topic but they said they had no place to put them in hence nada only halo 1 is getting remade

- <3 Jake

• 2 weeks later...

2 hopefully and most likely but why remake 3 it already has pretty good graphics

You say that as of today but tomorrow is a new day. We can all look back when Halo 3 is exactly 10 years of age and say "I remember that forum post I made and this guy said I would regret saying that Halo 3 has pretty good graphics." Actually... Maybe you won't say that. Anyways, my point is made. In ten years we can all see with a different eye. However, Halo 3 is generally new.

no we wont be seeing a remake of halo 2 and halo 3, they are already working on 3 games and we have just got the halo ce remake, for god sake halo may have the best fan community but alot of them can be so needy, we have just got a re make of halo ce and they announced a new trilogy what more do you want its getting ridiculous.