Remake?

Spartanslayer17

no we wont be seeing a remake of halo 2 and halo 3, they are already working on 3 games and we have just got the halo ce remake, for god sake halo may have the best fan community but alot of them can be so needy, we have just got a re make of halo ce and they announced a new trilogy what more do you want its getting ridiculous.

I am with you on this.

No, Halo CE was and is something special for the fans celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the making of halo. 343.I explored this topic but they said they had no place to put them in hence nada only halo 1 is getting remade

- <3 Jake

Where did you hear this? whoever told you this lied. Frank o conner said if the fans really want a halo 2 remake and continue to ask then 343 may not have a choice and they WILL remake halo 2. You should actually research instead of shutting the idea completely down. Your opinion isn't fact.

Where did you hear this? whoever told you this lied. Frank o conner said if the fans really want a halo 2 remake and continue to ask then 343 may not have a choice and they WILL remake halo 2. You should actually research instead of shutting the idea completely down. Your opinion isn't fact.

"Sure, it's a possibility, but right now their are no plans for a Halo 2 remake. For example, so it would fall down there already, but coming out of halo fest and coming out of anniversary, people are like "when am i getting halo 2?" We have to take that seriously as a company so we're looking at it. We just don't know if it makes sense. Halo Anniversary was celebrating 10 years and it was a really specific beat. Halo 2, sure, there's demand for it, but we have to figure out if it's natural"

This is from Game Informer magazine interview with 343

ps i was wrong ill admit my mistake that it had 0 chance it has a possibly it does have a possibly

"Sure, it's a possibility, but right now their are no plans for a Halo 2 remake. For example, so it would fall down there already, but coming out of halo fest and coming out of anniversary, people are like "when am i getting halo 2?" We have to take that seriously as a company so we're looking at it. We just don't know if it makes sense. Halo Anniversary was celebrating 10 years and it was a really specific beat. Halo 2, sure, there's demand for it, but we have to figure out if it's natural"

This is from Game Informer magazine interview with 343

ps i was wrong ill admit my mistake that it had 0 chance it has a possibly it does have a possibly

No big deal I just wanted to let ya know it is being discussed. I think its definitely necessary because halo 2 started xbox live and it really put halo on the radar. It would also be the only halo game not supported by the xbox 360. I have my hopes high but I have doubts as well.

No big deal I just wanted to let ya know it is being discussed. I think its definitely necessary because halo 2 started xbox live and it really put halo on the radar. It would also be the only halo game not supported by the xbox 360. I have my hopes high but I have doubts as well.

I 100% agree with you

Hey, we all would like to see our favorite games with better new gen HD graphics, but question is, would it be worth it?

I'm against remakes of any kind, be it a movie one, games, books, whatever. I think the original is what counts and it should be kept like that.

agreed with this man

If anyone is interested, I will be attempting to use the Unreal engine to try and get a close as possible handling system, that they used in ODST, in my attempt to make another ODST game. I am already in the process of picking out notable ODST's throughout the novels to center the game around. Possibly, it will include various missions across the team of ODST's i choose. One such level would be Delta Halo. You would play thru a portion of it thru the eyes of ODST, and be centered around the other sections of that ring. Another section might be Harvest during our first contact.

If anyone is interested in helping me start this up.....post something up here, or shoot me a pm.

Well, I'm fairly new to the UDK itself, but the resources on the engine and content they provide out of box so to speak, should make it fairly straight forward to pull off physics and handling wise. The hardest part is gonna be importing all the models for characters, rigging them, and giving them animations. I am proficient enough for basic animations, but what I am hoping for is a way to take raw animation node data, and be able to simply take existing UDK animations and update them with the new animation values. Lot's of stuff to do, but hey...I like a challenge!

And don't worry, of coarse it would be free......

No. We don't need it. Halo CE was done as an anniversary thing for the entire series and to show what that game would look like with modern graphics.Remaking Halo 2 or 3 would be a bit much. We're better off just moving forward. It gets very redundant to remake an entire series just because graphics get better.

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 2 is the only other Remake I want. I never have got to play it. I've heard it has a awesome Campaign. But In my opinion they should not do a Halo 3 one Because It still has Matchmaking.

They also shouldn't remake it because it's only four years old and is on the Xbox 360. Again, there isn't any need to remake it. Halo 2 I could kind of see getting a remake, but not Halo 3.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see Halo 2 as a remastered edition. I'd buy it, but I'd stay in "classic mode" mostly for the whole game to enjoy that original satisfying experience. And I would really honestly hope they wouldn't do to that multiplayer what they did to Halo CEA's multiplayer by only including it as a Reach bonus package (practically). I'd much rather see them just remake all of the Halo 2 maps, but it would also be cool if you could switch between graphics there as well.