Season Pass Guarantee from XBOX

When I first read this I kind of laughed, but then thought it is better than nothing. Having to buy a game you already own again just to play it on a the new XBOX One is, well, kind of a put off. I mean you want a game when it first hits the market, then realize you have to shell out another $60.00 for another copy plus the $500.00 for the new console. I guess my initial laugh was based on the thought, "Who is willing to pay $120.00 for a game when they can wait a month or two and get it for $60.00?" The DLC seems hardly any kind of an inducement to pay out that kind of money. 

I am not the one who could legitimately speak to the new console being backwards compatible for 360 games, but can figure the need for a dual purpose disk reader and supporting hardware/software may not be an easy task or financially viable. Hopefully someone who knows that field better than I can explain that matter. 

Here is the original story that caught my attention, plus the link to XBOX Wire for the statement in their own words.

Microsoft's Xbox 360-One Season Pass Guarantee

Most carry across. But there's a catch...

By Robert Purchese  Thursday, 15 August 2013

story found @ eurogamer.net

"Good news*! Companies signing up to Microsoft's Season Pass Guarantee - and the big names apparently are - will give you automatic access to Season Passes for Xbox One games that you've bought on Xbox 360.

*There's just one catch: you have to buy the game again on Xbox One.

Activision, EA and Ubisoft were mentioned as participating, and Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 were name-dropped.

It's better than nothing."                                                                                    story found @ eurogamer.net

137655973393.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

I don't understand what's the season pass? Does it mean the DLC will be on both consoles?

What it is stating is that if a developer agrees to the guarantee, and that is "if", the 'Season Pass", or pre purchased DLC content package, will be made available to players who purchased the original game and DLC content for the 360. You have to pay the $60.00 now for the game for use one the 360, then buy the game again for $60.00 for use on the XBOX One.

• Like 1

What it is stating is that if a developer agrees to the guarantee, and that is "if", the 'Season Pass", or pre purchased DLC content package, will be made available to players who purchased the original game and DLC content for the 360. You have to pay the $60.00 now for the game for use one the 360, then buy the game again for $60.00 for use on the XBOX One.

Wow, it seems to me that DLC should be included anyways, I mean why would anyone want to pay for DLC twice? Then again why would you want the same game on two different consoles? Eh, but what do I know, I'm just the consumer :crazy:

• Like 1

Wow, it seems to me that DLC should be included anyways, I mean why would anyone want to pay for DLC twice? Then again why would you want the same game on two different consoles? Eh, but what do I know, I'm just the consumer :crazy:

I guess it sort of works in you're favour as lets say you by bf4 have a great time and get a season pass  with you're 360 then decide to get a Xbox one and get bf4 again and get you're profile back then you get it so all the season pass dlc you get for free ? :thumbsup:

Well, these are things made for really hardcore gamers who aren't afraid to pay a lot of money for a good experience. 

I don't see why its an issue that you have to pay again for the game. I mean, it may seem identical but they're completely different games, with different achievement sets, etc.

:/

Well, I'll be buying the X1 when it comes out, and I'll definitely be buying DLC's for things like Ghosts and BF4, so....this doesn't really matter but season passes do. :/