where did your name come from?

I thought it would be cool to learn the origin of some people's gamertags or username on the forums. I know that some people have a background story to their names, while others have some strange madness going on in their heads

My name, Victory Element, just came as an epiphany to me. I had been thinking for days, trying to get the prefect gamertag. A name that was intimidating, yet sounded professional, and then it hit me.

My story is terribly boring, so I hope to read some great ones here

• Like 1

Your name is awesome, always wanted to say that.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

There was this young boy, he had just received a device that would allow him to access exclusive entertainment. As he activated this device, it flickered a glowing green and made an intricate and exhilarating "Beep." The device wanted to form a bond with the boy, a bond that would not, could not be broken. The device revved up its engine and thought quickly. It had it! The perfect name for the bond that would be formed.

Beckoningzebra1

Yes, the bond was formed, unbreakable and unending.

The device, now common to many young boys has since become a symbol of perfection, and many bonds have been formed. Yet, that bond, that first bond still stands.

• Like 1

Well, I remember that I was struggling to find a unique name for XBL, mixing things I like from Halo. I wanted "Elite Spartan" (I loved both Spartans AND Elites, so why not combined?) 

But it was already taken -_-

I also liked sniping, so "Elite Sniper" was a great secondary choice.

But, of course, most versions of this name were taken, so I added some leet and a capital "i" in order to be acceptable. 

That's it :P

The origin of my name is pretty easy to explain. Vangelis is a Greek composer of electronic music. He is most know for his scores for Chariots of Fire and for his work with the band Aphrodites Child. He also did the soundtrack for my favorite movie, Blade Runner which is what inspired me to take the name.

• Like 1

^ almost just spit my water out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question I'm more than familiar with.

f I remember correctly my friend had stolen it from one of his friends who had used the random GT creator (a feature I'm not sure exists anymore). So I'm just in the continuing lineage of one epic GT name.

Back in Halo 2 era I was quite the Noob. Being like 13 at the time I wasn't very good and only played MM with people from my school. One of my friends had the GT SweatyBagels. He had a habit of switching from clan to clan. Eventually he was in a clan that required him to change his GT. 

Soooo I stole the GT and after he left the clan he had to use SweatBagels without the y.

To this day I still think that it's one of the more creative and random GTs that I've had the fortune of seeing... even though I wasn't involved in the creation of it at all.

Edited by SweatyBagels
  • Like 1

I came up with my name while taking a dump.

I thought it was a solid, original name but after doing some research, I learned that Zandril is also a company in Memphis, Tennessee. :( 

man I got to start doing that whoever I need ideas

anyway heres how I go my name Caboose the Ace

A long time ago but somehow in the future in a galaxy not so far away.........

when rooster teeth fails of the weak used to be good I think it was number 70 or 72 or something where someone called Caboose d Ace was shown in there his fail wasn't that good but I was in the market for a new gamertag at the time so I took it and modified it to Caboose the Ace and I have had from then till now and I do not plan in letting it go :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Since the Matrix 1999, That franchise sparked off everything, now i prefer to watch old cowboy and war movies, nothing today seems realistic. The women are flat chested toothpicks with the strength of the chief and the men are perfect teethed roid freaks with spray on tans even when they are covered in mud. The original Django was Italian and the original Fast n the Furious was made in 1942 and this has nothing to do with my callsign.

Directly from my interview from Drizzy a long while back.

"Thats a question so many have asked, but I'm afraid I must disappoint you. It honestly means nothing xD. About hm, 5 years so I think, something like that, I was thinking of syllables to put together to make a name for some game on the computer at school. Oh yeah, I wasn't doing work. But the two syllables Az and axe came into my head. I thought Azaxe doesn't look so great, so I put Az and Axx together giving the same sound, just looking better."

And there you have it.

I'm talking about a man not a unit. CT-21-0408 aka, Echo, became an ARC Trooper and served in the 501st

But was he a Commando in Delta squad?

The unsung heroes of the war with the Separatists?

The first line of defense for the Republic?

The only surviving team of the Hyper-lethal Clone Commandos?

I THINK NOT!

Okay, I will answer. It's not at all interesting;

I used to use SgtTeasp00n as my usernames and stuff. When my friend bought me Minecraft, he encouraged me to make a new one. I looked around his bedroom for inspiration to see my half-eaten bacon sandwich on his shelf.

I'm sorry it didn't include cats and universalimplodingblackholesthatshootgruntseveryehere but I said it would be boring. If you like, I will come up with a fictional story to compensate?

• Like 1

I THINK NOT!

Nobody cares....... I'm just surprised that your name isn't Dash Rendar.

• Like 1

I THINK NOT!

No, he just Saved a station on the moon outside of Kamino

Was an ARC trooper (that alone should speak for itself)

Helped save Kamino from General Grievous and Asaj Ventress

And was vital in rescuing Jedi Master Piell and returning the secret battle plans.