Featured Map: Mutant

DarklingNinja

looks good. shame i cant move my map as one big object, it could do with an eerie atmosphere 

Thank you for your comments :)

Sometimes you have to reforge your entire map to make it as good as it can be :) that's what I did with mutant :)  Its a real pain but it is work it trust me :)

Moose93, on 22 May 2013 - 20:37, said:

snapback.png

looks good. shame i cant move my map as one big object, it could do with an eerie atmosphere 

Thank you for your comments  :)

Sometimes you have to reforge your entire map to make it as good as it can be  :) that's what I did with mutant  :)  Its a real pain but it is work it trust me  :)

i havent finished the map yet, but what i have got so far was a real pain to make.

i dont often come up with good designs so i dont want to move it all and mess it up

i havent finished the map yet, but what i have got so far was a real pain to make.

i dont often come up with good designs so i dont want to move it all and mess it up

Take a chance man. If you move the map to a better location with better lighting and all that stuff, the map itself becomes better overall.

i know this is completely off topic, but is there anywhere i can ask for help with my maps?

anyway, i checked out the map and it looks great. the only problem i see is the carbine that has been fixed to pillar on the yellow tower. from personal past experiences, fixed weapons tend to hover in mid air when dropped until they respawn. other than that, it looks great 

The fact that you go on for a paragraph on how you think this is the best map ever made makes me sick and now I never want to download it. Years ahead of its time? From the pics it looks like a cool asymmetrical map, but come on dude. Be a little more humble. I want my maps in matchmaking too. The fact that I heard you goin g on and on about how you cant believe 343 didnt pick your map makes you sound like a ........

• Like 1

The fact that you go on for a paragraph on how you think this is the best map ever made makes me sick and now I never want to download it. Years ahead of its time? From the pics it looks like a cool asymmetrical map, but come on dude. Be a little more humble. I want my maps in matchmaking too. The fact that I heard you goin g on and on about how you cant believe 343 didnt pick your map makes you sound like a ........

Please stay on track with map discussion, if you have a problem with the way I post or my personal opinions I would be glad to talk to you about them in pm or xbl.  I never stated in this thread about my map not being chosen, the CCs are interested in my map they just did not feel the FI playlist was the place for it.  Whether or not they put it in is there decisions to make. 

About me thinking mutant is the best out there, I do not think that :P I think mutant is the best asymmetrical map for competitive game play available right now.  Mutant plays competitive settings better than any other asymmetrical map out there, but I can not say the same for other settings.   FFA gets a little crowded, and mutant does not play default settings that well either.  Overall I do not believe that mutant is the best asymmetrical map out there for competitive team game type settings.  It is only a matter of time before a asymmetrical map that plays competitively better than mutant comes out.  When that happens I will gladly support that map over mutant for competitive settings.  As of right now I have yet to play that map yet

I understand you are upset with my comments in the paragraph and think I am being arrogant.  If you have a problem with something I say or do please keep it out of this map discussion.  Please focus on the map itself and not me personally.

I thank you for your feedback and Hope I have not upset you :)

As for other news, Mutant 2.2 is on the horizon.  It have very minor changes to the maps geometry, nothing that will actually change the game play on the map.  Just minor aesthetically changes to remove frame rate during extraction game types.

• Like 1

Mutant 2.2 Updates

Almost all updates are aesthetics, this was due to frame rate in certain objective game types when looking cross map, the changes will not affect the way the map plays at all, and are almost unnoticeable.

- Ramp that leads to back of gold tower between blue and gold object construction has been sightly modified, 3 columns removed as well as railings being replaced with less frame rate heavy objects.

- Brace large wall on bottom blue replaced with a wall double

- Walls of bottom blue had multiple bridge walls in them, the amount of bridge walls has now been decreased and replaced with other objects.

- All Minor frame rate now gone on Mutant

3 Extraction point locations have been modified, this is due to the fact that it was to difficult to get them back once a coordinated team had started the extraction, and by difficult I mean almost imposable.

- Extraction point on Gold plat moved to blue 1

- Extraction point on top Gold moved closer inside gold to provide more cover

- Extraction point in top red has been moved slightly to provide more cover for extraction

• Like 2