What is all the fuss over a stupid rank?

BaconShelf

Now... hopefully the title got you interested, allow me to explain. I really do not understand why everyone is fussing over the new 'Competitive Skill Rank'. Aside from that people should be gratefu l343 gave it to us at all, instead of having a tantrum like a bunch of babies.

Now, I would like an explanation to this question; What exactly is so special about it? I really cannot understand. I would preferably like an explanation that is not "UR JUST BAD @ THE GME SO YOU DNT LKE IT!" or "IT'S LIKE HALO 3".

I would like an explanation that is better, as everyone I have asked has said these two things. Again, I don't understand what the fuss is about. Thank you for reading this far.

I mainly ask as there has been a lot of fuss over  (What i see as) nothing.

• Like 1

yes and I do agree with you and do think some people are taking it a bit to far and makes me think how can 2 numbers mean that much to you but I guess it is human nature and I suppose why people are taking it to far is because the majority or halo player where around for the so called glory days or halo aka the first 3 games and so they expected 343 would put it in halo 5 yet they did not because of that the numbers of player on halo 4 went down 343 not wanting to to put a true skill visible I say that put a 1 to 5 trueskill on waypoint but of course player still want it in game and that is why we need trueskill back because without  it is just cod but there are vehicles to drive in muilplayer and some gamemodes that are not in cod and forge  now that was very brief but the trueskill was something special about halo it self it measured you on you're trueskill and was the only game the does that so without halo having it player are angry because now comptive gamers don't have something to work for anymore just some stupid 1 to 130 rank that was way to short compared to reach by the way

the conclude we need a trueskill ranking system in halo 5 that is visible in game  

rant done enjoy :thumbsup:

when you don't have something in game that shows your skill level compared to others it's hard to compare your skill to the other team. when they make it invisable this does nothing. you probably missed out on halo 2 and halo 3 and started on reach But  When Back in the day they had 2 types of playlist the casuals lets have fun and just socialize with everyone playlist and the try superhard playlist where it was SUper competetive. When you take out a great reward System such as a visable ranking system that causes people Not to put in mics Not to try Not to really do anything. why do we have all these stupid commendations and useless K/d that we can easly boost or even show are 130 cr crap. Its a terrible idea to keep it on waypoint because

A. the population has already said we want it next to are names in game, and The game is constantly declining at a alarming rate.

B. They could easyly sell atleast 10k+ more mappacks if they did this with ranks like halo 3 a great system.

C. Unlike other halos you accutaly Know as you play your improving unlike halo 4 random based system when you have no idea how your doing or how anyone else is doing.

There are way more pros then cons for this I don't see why'd you would be so upset you can go play the casual have fun playlist while we have fun doing are thing.

It's very unfair to ask for your stuff for halo 4 but when we want ares its instantly stupid or no when you have no understanding oh it and think oh we just want to talk **** to Worse people. I guess everyone here hates sports Because in every sport people who are good talk crap ect.

But by now most of us have lived with this and just playing cod seeing if halo 5 is a good rent game.

halo 3 was a game where i met half of my xbox friendslist Most of them being on the other team It was such a amazing social experience to meet these new people and party up with That aspect of the game is completely gone now.

My main problem was when i played a match i couldn't tell who was good or bad because i had to go off peoples k/d alone who have boosted it postively So i have no indicator if i'm good or bad and i can't hear the other team before or after game like in the old days which is just to frustrating for me.

You can't take away Great features from a game that had such a huge impact on the game look at reach.

Edited by TornadoFlame
  • Like 1

because without it you aren't playing against people your own skill. In halo 3 you played social to have fun, and ranked to actually play. it's no fun when one game you go 35-2, and the next you go 9-12. the old halo's were good because it's competitive, and this one is struggling because the competitive players don't care anymore

Well, thanks for some well thought out posts. Tornado, I indeed started with 3, not Reach. I never was very competitive, I prefer forge/campaign myself, I see MM as repetitive, so I never understood myself. I (am not intentionally) trying to force a viewpoint on people, I am genuinely interested into what people are licking off about. If you meant the thread title, I put that because titles like those make me more inclined to read rather than ignore.

Anyway, I am beginning to see now. Though its probably my lack of caring about skill or rank, and playing for fun that has me confused.

Having a rank and striving to get that number as high as it can go gives you something to shoot for and allows you to get more enjoyment and satisfaction out of MM. I played Halo 3 for 3 years I think and the ranking system is what kept me playing for all that time. Sure the fun game types like Zombies(The original game type not this Flood BS), Rocket Race, Fiesta, Team Melee made me continue to come back and the rank for all the social playlists as well. Once I hit SR130 in Halo 4 and got the Armor I wanted I didn't have much left to go for. Same goes for Achievements. I stopped playing SO once I got all the cheevos for it. People like having something to go for and having a sense of accomplishment, it's human nature. Are you gonna continue to do something if you don't feel like you're accomplishing anything? I sure wouldn't.

Enthralled? Game lost half of its already poor online population in a week. That's the result of CSR. But go ahead. Be proud all you "Halo saviours".

because without it you aren't playing against people your own skill. In halo 3 you played social to have fun, and ranked to actually play. it's no fun when one game you go 35-2, and the next you go 9-12. the old halo's were good because it's competitive, and this one is struggling because the competitive players don't care anymore

And now you have nothing but competitive play to choose from. Super relaxing. Right?

@Anime Yeah, pretty much. I can understand a little hype, but I feel its been blown waaay out of proportion. I don't understand what is SUPER special. I do a bit more now, seeing it from the other side.

@Kasper Maybe I've just learned to appreciate other aspects of the game more then. I was without LIVE for two years, so I didn't have a rank to work for. I fill my time in forge, campaign and Spartan Ops. This is what kept me playing reach (minus SO) until a few months before 4. Then I spent my time on Fallout. Anyway, I don't paticularly work towards a number for enjoyment, I know I'm doing good from weather I enjoy the game, and my K/D at the end. (More than +5 is good for me) anyway, I will play after I hit 130 for the enjoyment. Not a digital number.

@Anime Yeah, pretty much. I can understand a little hype, but I feel its been blown waaay out of proportion. I don't understand what is SUPER special. I do a bit more now, seeing it from the other side.

@Kasper Maybe I've just learned to appreciate other aspects of the game more then. I was without LIVE for two years, so I didn't have a rank to work for. I fill my time in forge, campaign and Spartan Ops. This is what kept me playing reach (minus SO) until a few months before 4. Then I spent my time on Fallout. Anyway, I don't paticularly work towards a number for enjoyment, I know I'm doing good from weather I enjoy the game, and my K/D at the end. (More than +5 is good for me) anyway, I will play after I hit 130 for the enjoyment. Not a digital number.

have you ever played halo 3?

Sometimes ranks matter and sometimes not.

I dont think there should be big fusses over ranks,

like really are we 2 year old babies?

No, so grow up please..

I never have cried once over all the great things 343Industries have done for us.

So either should you guys, most of us on here are the same

age or close so you should be acting like your age.

Sometimes ranks matter and sometimes not.

I dont think there should be big fusses over ranks,

like really are we 2 year old babies?

No, so grow up please..

I never have cried once over all the great things 343Industries have done for us.

So either should you guys, most of us on here are the same

age or close so you should be acting like your age.

your right they did so many great things thats why the multiplayer population barely peeks 30k sometimes.

And there's nothing wrong with that but, a lot of people need something to go for to get enjoyment out of a game. I'm one of those people. Unless I'm a fan of the series of a certain game, I won't play it again once I have all the achievements or don't have anything left to strive for.

LOL sorry haha. anyways if you played 3 you know how much rank ment and how amazing the mp was in 3. unlike 4.

I think I have more FUN playing Halo 4's MM than I did 3 only because I was always worried about making that next rank. Until I hit Brig Gen on my main account. Then I could care less and had fun destroying bad 50's and had fun just playing social play lists. Rank in Halo 3 was very nice and always gave me something to strive for. When Bungie gave all playlists the EXP rank, it made things a lot more entertaining as well because I had a reason to win. So both sides have their pros and cons. The ONLY reason I don't like the SR is because it doesn't match you with other people of YOUR skill level.

Tornado. I find H4's multiplayer to be more fun. On 3, I didn't like the ranking system.

Anyway, H4 is the best online(apart from wars) I've played on any halo game. Followed by 3.

Kasper. I find this annoying, especially when there is 5 130's on the enemy team and I have 7's...

I think I have more FUN playing Halo 4's MM than I did 3 only because I was always worried about making that next rank. Until I hit Brig Gen on my main account. Then I could care less and had fun destroying bad 50's and had fun just playing social play lists. Rank in Halo 3 was very nice and always gave me something to strive for. When Bungie gave all playlists the EXP rank, it made things a lot more entertaining as well because I had a reason to win. So both sides have their pros and cons. The ONLY reason I don't like the SR is because it doesn't match you with other people of YOUR skill level.

4 reminds me to much of cod for me halo has always been about winning getting to that 49 49 and everyone staying back calling out waiting for the other team to mess up. now it's like Herp derp don't care no more get credits regardless and its just dumb, Nobody wants this codLike gameplay If i wanted this type i'd be on cod *which sadly due to this games downfall i have moved to it*. I just always considered halo the competetive game where you work to get better i started out a captain grade 3. I was really bad But i took the time to learn the game and get my first 50, Now thats all out the window you just play with no one talking and you have no idea how good anybody is. This game is just way to random to be considered a good fps shooter, I'd Love this game If it wasn't called halo but since it is it was terrible. this is not the direction i'd like to see my favorite game go. i will say If 343 listens to the fans i beleive this game can be amazing they just need to tweak it more and Listen to us instead of doing stupid crap like making a ranking system that should have been day one on my 2 disc game be on halo waypoint, I'm not going to get on my pc 3-5 rooms away after each match to see if i went up or down.

Hope halo 5 is better because the way this game has gone it will come from gamefly first.

It does match you with your skill, it just does not show it. MM does not pair you up against people based on SR rank. Im in favor of a rank for a few reasons, one of them being I can actually see how accurately I have been matched up against other players.

Edited by Real Talk

It does match you with your skill, it just does not show it. MM does not pair you up against people based on SR rank. Im in favor of a rank for a few reasons, one of them being I can actually see how accurately I have been matched up against other players.

Then Halo 4 must think I'm a lot more worse at the game than my stats show. In Dominion I have games where I easily go +10 and yet my team mates can't even break double digits kill wise and don't know the first thing about objective control.

4 reminds me to much of cod for me halo has always been about winning getting to that 49 49 and everyone staying back calling out waiting for the other team to mess up. now it's like Herp derp don't care no more get credits regardless and its just dumb, Nobody wants this codLike gameplay If i wanted this type i'd be on cod *which sadly due to this games downfall i have moved to it*. I just always considered halo the competetive game where you work to get better i started out a captain grade 3. I was really bad But i took the time to learn the game and get my first 50, Now thats all out the window you just play with no one talking and you have no idea how good anybody is. This game is just way to random to be considered a good fps shooter, I'd Love this game If it wasn't called halo but since it is it was terrible. this is not the direction i'd like to see my favorite game go. i will say If 343 listens to the fans i beleive this game can be amazing they just need to tweak it more and Listen to us instead of doing stupid crap like making a ranking system that should have been day one on my 2 disc game be on halo waypoint, I'm not going to get on my pc 3-5 rooms away after each match to see if i went up or down.

Hope halo 5 is better because the way this game has gone it will come from gamefly first.

I do think Halo 4 should have had the True Skill ranking system to begin with instead of 5 months after release but, we have CSR now and it makes up for that. Not completely though because it's not in game but, beggars can't be choosers. I do wish Halo 4 had the level of competitiveness as Halo 3 did but, I do still love not constantly worrying about my rank. Another thing I despise about the SR is that you can't gauge someone's skill level off it. They could be a SR 130 and get out played by a 45 cause they farmed SO. I would like Halo 5 to bring back that old Halo 3 feel.