Halo 2 Reboot NOT Remake

halo2days

If Halo 2 comes out and the multiplayer is same as halo 4 I will be pissed and I will take it back whats the point in having two of the same game anyway.. We need halo 2 back just the way it was when we left it.. what is the point in making a game we just got a year ago anyway its kinda lazy if you ask me..

• Like 1

If Halo 2 comes out and the multiplayer is same as halo 4 I will be pissed and I will take it back whats the point in having two of the same game anyway.. We need halo 2 back just the way it was when we left it.. what is the point in making a game we just got a year ago anyway its kinda lazy if you ask me..

i bet if halo 2 annivery comes out it will be halo 4 muliplayer sadley :realmad: but anythings possible

• Like 2

The point would be an updated campaign?

Imagine the Flood, the Gravemind, the shiny High Charity, all those weapons, all updated to look like pure awesome. The Arbiter looking like a Halo 4 Elite but playing the part of a noble and epic warrior. It would show that there's much more to him than his ugly mug, and return that sense of sentience to the Elite image.

And maybe a few extra skulls or terminals like with CEA. (I am aware that H2 already has skulls, but still.) 

• Like 2

Yeah but I would trade all that just to have halo 2s multiplayer back untouched just the way it was! You see I dont care about achievments I dont care about the graphics cuz honestly they were great when they came out and honestly I still love the way they look and certainly dont care about co-op becuz I can do that now!!

If H2A has anything but original H2 multiplayer, I won't be buying. Which is sad, but signifies how strongly I feel about this issue as H2 is my favourite game of all time by far. No compromises, I won't give in, and I suggest to anyone else who feels the same way to let it be known.

• Like 2

half0mike, on 25 Mar 2013 - 01:50, said: If H2A has anything but original H2 multiplayer, I won't be buying. Which is sad, but signifies how strongly I feel about this issue as H2 is my favorite game of all time by far. No compromises, I won't give in, and I suggest to anyone else who feels the same way to let it be known.

I'm a Halo 2 Veteran I would like to see a complete Reboot of Halo 2. Make Halo 2 Anniversary Completely like Halo 2 was back on Xbox 1. 343i I will honestly tell you this. When you made Halo 1 HD. You got the single player right, however you screwed up the complete Halo 1 Multiplayer, that I remembered on the original Xbox. Listen 343i, I am not here to bash you guys. I want you to please do me this favor. When you make Halo 2 Anniversary, please Allow Cross Platform between PC gamers and Xbox Live Gamers. By doing this, it will unite all. I would totally play Halo 2 on Live, like on Xbox from my PC. However, I want you to please don't rush this game, and Please for love of Halo 2's sake. Please don't use Halo Reach Multiplayer, and Please Use Halo 2 PC maps, and also Original Xbox Maps, when you release the game. Make sure that you don't destroy this game. I don't want you guys (343i) be ripped to Pieces in the Press. I can be harsh in my criticism of you. But I don't want to do that. I save that as a last resort. Please Do Halo 2 Players like myself a favor, Don't Make the same Mistake like you did with Halo 1 Multiplayer. Make Halo 2 Anniversary Completely Halo 2, no forge, no reach weapons, and also bring back the game types from Halo 2 Xbox (2004). Please understand that I want to play Halo 2 Anniversary, but I feel that this game could be ruined again. I ask you 343i, Will You Please Make Halo 2 Anniversary, and Will you Please completely make Halo 2 Exactly what it was on Xbox Live, before the game got taken down on April 15th, 2010? Can you please make the maps free for download? Completely use original Halo 2 for your guide, and completely use a powerful Anti Cheating Engine. I would Recommend that you use Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) for the Online Multiplayer for this game I hope you get what I am saying is from the kindness of my Heart, and that I really don't want you to destroy this game, because I played this game as a teen, when I had hard times, and I don't want you to destroy that part of my like. I hold this game close to my heart when I play online. I want to play Halo 2 on Xbox again, So Badly, I'm asking you the company who did very good with Halo 4, But I ask that you Please Don't Destroy the game I remembered back when I played on Xbox live 06/06/06 I ask with humble respect

Yeah but I would trade all that just to have halo 2s multiplayer back untouched just the way it was! You see I dont care about achievments I dont care about the graphics cuz honestly they were great when they came out and honestly I still love the way they look and certainly dont care about co-op becuz I can do that now!!

The unfortunate truth is that most likely a Halo 2 Anniversary will be much like CEA was, in that it will latch on to the Halo 4 multiplayer much in the way CEA latched on to Reach.  From a purely business standpoint, that makes the most sense, because if it has its own servers, you are going to completely split your player population (no matter how pitiful it may be already).  343 is going to want to push their new system for as long as they possibly can, because that is what they created.

If they did keep Halo 2 completely intact, MP and all, they may get a better realization of what the fans want, though.  Imagine for a minute, a Halo 4 server with a population of 10,000 +/-, and a Halo 2 server with a population of over 200,000+.  Think that would send a message to 343?

• Like 1

The unfortunate truth is that most likely a Halo 2 Anniversary will be much like CEA was, in that it will latch on to the Halo 4 multiplayer much in the way CEA latched on to Reach.  

That's not a law of physics though. That depends on wether 343 cares about the fans or not. Not giving us H2 multiplayer back I would see as a massive middle finger to the loyal fanbase that played HCE and H2 religiously, helping build the empire. I thought 343 picked up Halo from bungie so bungie could stop destroying their creation. However, we'll see. The reason why I still have a sliver of hope is that HCE didn't actually have online multiplayer in the first place, so by not having online multiplayer in H2A was not necessarily keeping something away from us. (although lan woulda been nice.....)

But H2 is meant to be played online, that's everything. The campaign actually sucked balls to be completely honest, I wouldn't pay to just have better graphics so I can go fight purge the heretics and kill brutes. Seriously brutes were just a terrible idea. We went from fighting these magnificent alien warriors (elites) to fighting gorillas. And they weren;t fun to fight, they just tank damage... Elites you could actually combo.. Off topic. Bring back h2 multiplayer in full glory.

I thought 343 picked up Halo from bungie so bungie could stop destroying their creation. However, we'll see. The reason why I still have a sliver of hope is that HCE didn't actually have online multiplayer in the first place, so by not having online multiplayer in H2A was not necessarily keeping something away from us. (although lan woulda been nice.....)

I wish that were the truth, but Bungie wanted to work on other projects besides Halo (hence Destiny), and Microsoft wanted more Halo games to come out.  When it came time for Bungie to renew their contract with MS for Halo, they decided not to, and so MS moved to their own development team, 343.

If 343 wanted Bungie to stop "destroying their creation" as you put it, do you think they would have continued down the path that Reach (a Bungie game) had opened?  How many people complained about the AA's in Reach?  How many loyal Halo fans wanted things like Support Packages and tactical packages?

No, I have a feeling this was something beyond 343's own doing, so we'll see what transpires with a H2A. 

• 3 weeks later...

Why the heck would 343 remake the MP too? That would split up the community! And that's just the first problem: Should 343 dedicate some servers just for H2 reboot MP? Should they have a online-team? Should they update MP? Just too many problems to solve.

And besides that, H2 MP wasn't that balanced anyways (I'v heard). Yeah, all the veterans say that it was but hey they allways say that 'coz they were 0wning and it's soon like 10 yrs old and the mechanics are bit rusty/old/broken (BXR for example).

CE:A was worth the 40 bucks I paid. I got the old game + new graphics, plus the skulls, terminals and Reach maps.

I would be totally happy with a simple campaign remake and H2 maps for H4 MP, or H5 beta (like that's gonna happen). Terminals would be just a big plus.

I think that 343 should NOT make H2:A MP just for the simple joy of seeing the overly diehard-fans crying. 

I don't care whether it's a reboot, remake, or an old Halo 2 disc slapped with 360 at the top. I haven't been able to play this game in my own home in 4 years and I just want to play it again. The only time I get to play it is when I'm over my friend's house and his house is awfully cramped, dirty, and smells like someone's sweaty socks that Haven't been washed in 2 decades :sweat:,  however he's a swell guy, so I don't give him any grief over it. But I'm getting off topic, just give me some variation of Halo 2 Next year, please and Thank You. :thumbsup: 

• 2 weeks later...

Why the heck would 343 remake the MP too? That would split up the community! And that's just the first problem: Should 343 dedicate some servers just for H2 reboot MP? Should they have a online-team? Should they update MP? Just too many problems to solve.

And besides that, H2 MP wasn't that balanced anyways (I'v heard). Yeah, all the veterans say that it was but hey they allways say that 'coz they were 0wning and it's soon like 10 yrs old and the mechanics are bit rusty/old/broken (BXR for example).

CE:A was worth the 40 bucks I paid. I got the old game + new graphics, plus the skulls, terminals and Reach maps.

I would be totally happy with a simple campaign remake and H2 maps for H4 MP, or H5 beta (like that's gonna happen). Terminals would be just a big plus.

I think that 343 should NOT make H2:A MP just for the simple joy of seeing the overly diehard-fans crying. 

it is obvious to me that you have never played halo 2 in its prime.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly, Halo 2 is probably the only one that I think doesn't need any enhancements, not even graphics.

agreed i would just like terminal  though and i have the PC version but i don't see any skulls from the campaign or anything, was it only for the xbox

I'd be happy with any remake of Halo 2. I mean, as was stated earlier, they have to spend more money to run more servers just for a new H2 multiplayer. It doesn't make sense from their perspective. If they did do it and it had hundreds of thousands of players, they'd probably cry...