What if objects could have "shape" defined as a safe/kill zone?

CrimsonVolver

I am working (almost finished) on a dome-shaped map in Impact, and it occurred to me that it would be so much easier to keep people from camping out on the top of the map (the rounded roof) if object "shapes" could be defined as safe/kill zones. Think about it. This simple upgrade with the Forge would make aesthetically designed or rounded maps more practical in terms of blocking players from exploiting "holes" in the design. As a veteran Forger it can be frustrating when you come up with a unique map design but have to use multiple soft kill zones to keep players from exploiting certain areas.

On a similar note it would also be nice if the "shape" tool in object editing could also be designated with other object qualities, such as teleporters ( to create false walls to hidden passages, as one example.

I have plenty of other suggestions for Forge upgrades that I have mentioned in forum posts with 343i and Bungie with Reach and H3, but this idea just occurred to me the other day and I thought I would share it and see what kind of feedback it receives. 

CV

Totally agree, it's so tedious having to place kill zones. I w oils like so that instead of Widtg, they have L&R, U&D for better accuracy. Cylinders would be able to be oval.

And more spherical opjects...

• Like 1

Totally agree, it's so tedious having to place kill zones. I w oils like so that instead of Widtg, they have L&R, U&D for better accuracy. Cylinders would be able to be oval.

And more spherical opjects...

Yes, the object library needs so much more shape diversity. Also, side note: I also wish the "object shape" had a spherical option. I can't begin to say how many times a sphere would have been so much better than a cube or a cylinder. CV

This could work for many cool maps... but it's a kinda awkward thing to implement if your catching what I mean...

I'm not sure if it would be awkward to impliment, but then again I am just a forger, not a programmer. If it is possible it would greatly improve on the basic limitations inherent in the Forge.

CV