Plasma Pistol can suck it

SSFrog

Ridiculous how its basically better then any vehicle.

More ridiculous that you can choose to spawn WITH one.

Why not just disable a vehicle's ability to move, why not allow the weapons mechanisms to continue to function?

It used to be a coordinated effort to take down a vehicle, now its "ok everyone, just run out there and spam it with PP shots". Wow, that really produces tense moments when you know one of your 4 teammates finally managed to hit the Mantis, and now its completely powerless. It sucks getting hit by those PP shots when in a vehicle, and you know the person is going to keep spamming you until they're in you're vehicle. On the odd blue moon that I so happen to have a PP and hit a vehicle with a PP blast, I have this empty feeling of "it shouldn't be this easy..."

The game is broken with major holes like this.

It's not rewarding for anyone.

Argue all you want, but being able to spawn with a plasma pistol and disable any vehicle basically destroys and vehicle-based map. Fact.

• Like 1

I agree the Plasma Pistol Is over used by a lot people.

and Even worse people can spawn with It.

Maybe they could make It where you have to find It

Instead of just spawning with It.

Halo Is suppose to be hard not a little

kiddies game where you shoot them once and their dead.

I don't see where y'all are coming from. My basic big team load out consists of

Primary : DMR

Secondary : Plasma Pistol

Grenade : Plasma Grenade

Armor Ability : Active Camo

Perk : Wheel Man

... I don't even remember the rest. Point is, that wheel man dominates and I've never had the problems y'all have. If you KNOW you're gonna be doing vehicle based maps, why would you go in unprepared? My suggestion would be to tweak your load outs to better suit vehicle based combat or large scale sniper attacks with vehicle based combat on foot.

The whole point for me is to be just as lethal in a vehicle as I am on foot. There is virtually no recovery time at all with the wheel man perk and is TOTALLY worth it. Nothing satisfies me more than seeing some noob spam me with PP shots and then I hit the thrusters on his dumbass and turn him into road kill.

I would say the drawback is tailoring an entire load out toward one kind of combat but the reality is it makes your vehicles much more durable and resistant to PP. This is essential for vehicles like the Banshee or Gauss Hog. You can really tear things up. Couple that load out with the explosives perk and what you've made is essentially a grenade proof unstoppable killing machine. It takes more than two grenades to destroy the vehicle unless they tag you with one to destroy you. Most people don't have that.

Point is you just have to get creative with it. Best wishes to y'all and I hope this helps. Like I said, I did some fine tuning and never had a problem after that.

Lol, DMR fire can tear lighter vehicles to shreds faster than a PP sometimes. In fact, all you have to do is keep your distance from any one enemy and they won't have the time to sprint to you before the emp effect is gone. You can't keep your distance from a teamshotting DMR swarm, however.

Beazel it's not that I have problems, and the plasma pistol is on EVERY one of my loadouts. It's just BS that you can spawn with one period. You never could before, and it's anti vehicles role is the same/just as good as it was in previous games. And yeah I even made a thread speaking of the greatness that is explosives/wheelman combo.

the thing with the plasma pistol is this IT HAS TERRIBLE LOCKING that is it weakness it is easy to avoid

It's not designed to lock onto players, the plasma pistol is an anti-vehicle weapon used mainly to take it down. It's only used in Halo so much to take down shields, because of the EMP that's built into, which is another reason why it's an Anti-Vehicle weapon.

It's not designed to lock onto players, the plasma pistol is an anti-vehicle weapon used mainly to take it down. It's only used in Halo so much to take down shields, because of the EMP that's built into, which is another reason why it's an Anti-Vehicle weapon.

it can be used for both and can make a warthog grind to a halt and a player sheilds go away and  then can be headshoted the plsama pistol can be used for both

Edited by Caboose.

What so you want us players that don't use vehicles to have no chance I don't think so its only fair that if you have something that can kill us that quickly that we have something to combat it with and most people don't have a plas pistol until they get killed by a vehical so quit being a crybaby noob and learn how to use a dmr or battle rifle you BK

sincerely

trittnerx v2

I don't understand. There are unbalanced features of Halo 4 but I've never considered the Plasma Pistol to be one of them. It's easy enough to just avoid them with vehicles. If you're driving past people with Plasma Grenades and Plasma Pistols and somebody disables/destroys you then that's not the fault of a messed up game mechanic... that's the fault of making a poor choice.

Edited by SweatyBagels