legendary...

Trifle10

couldnt think of a name. 

i understand legendary is suppose to be hard but is spartan ops legendary almost impossible by yourself?

it seems like the enemeies do 1.5 additional damage and you do .5 damage less

most enemies can drain your shields in a few shots and then finish you off with 1 shot to the leg. yet when you melee a knight it can take btwn 3 and 5 melees to defeat them while they get a 1 hit melee kill

this is a small list i have compiled that shows the legendary differences

• using a dmr on an elite zealot, it takes a whole clip of headshots to drain sheilds and a few extra shots to finish them off
  • using a rocket on a knight takes 2 shots, the first one drains their shield and the other finishes them

once the enemies kill you and if you had a non loadout weapon such as a scattershot, you might as well say goodbye to that weapon since it disappears before you can finish off the enemies

if you dont have the right weapons and vehicular support, you can rack up the deaths while only depleting the enemy's shield

another thing, if you got something that you have to defend, the enemies will wipe you out quick and quickly finish off the objective

if legendary gets anymore tougher where you do .10 damage and the enemies do .90 damage, doing legendary solo couldnt be attempted

any thoughts on this?

• 3 months later...

And you don't get additional experience for beating Spartan Ops on higher difficulties on your own. Save yourself the trouble, play on Heroic if you want a challenge; leave Legendary for when you're playing with your chums.

Well, please ask yourself one question. First off if you played it, thought it was to hard. Why didn't you just play with another player? Sometimes games are meant for two people not one. I myself figure that out pretty quickly.

Most games that have co-op modes boost difficulty when in co-op.

Although yes, this is true, Im fairly certain that OP was talking about the situation of having to play solo and finding it just about impossible.

• 2 months later...

I love comments about using Spartan Ops to boost your rank when everyone knows that people who play multiplayer games only do it to boost their rank. :P

Some of the missions on legendary are so difficult only because of the sheer lack of ammunition on certain missions...

My biggest problem is they toy with the gun physics from mission to mission. Sometimes railguns will rearm at ammo boxes, other times they won't... Fuel Rods are dangerous, but beatable in some missions. In others, you die if the guy holding it shoots at you. The shots move so freaking fast it almost seems like a hitscan weapon at times. Ever try to do a no-death legendary playthrough? Even with a full squad? It ain't happening for anybody who is human.

I have no problem with Spartan Ops legendary solo. It's so much easier then campaign because you have no checkpoints. It gets really tedious at some parts and even frustrating. But if you play it safe and treat it like you have one life then you will be fine.