thank you 343

kajun mulisha

so i just want to say thanks to 343 for really delivering with halo 4. i have played every halo game. to get this out of the way...bungie did a great job creating the halo universe. i would have to say that halo 3 was my fav by bungie. it was a great campaign, fun multiplayer, and they gave us forge.  odst and reach were just ok to me.  i didnt buy this at launch because the halo (game) series was getting just a bit blah to me.

so i get on the forums to check out peoples opinions and its 80% hate for this game. and to tell you the truth from a fps gamer, a halo and cod player, i can see every game having problems but in halo 4's case, i think its not that halo 4 has big issues, but that the majority of the community doesnt like change. its not 343, its the fact that they were expecting a replica of the past. i mean, there are people who say that 343 ruined halo 4 because they put things like sprint in the game. wow. excuse the devs for wanting to modernize their product and try to give us something new. its like they have no real legit complain so they got to nit pick it.

343 you did a wonderful job with the game, especially the campaign. i think that on legendary its one of the most challenging of the series, the graphics, the sound, the new direction with enemies, weapons and the story for me make this my favorite halo campaign to date. even the music played as you work your way through the final mission made me feel i was fighting right alongside master chief. the connection between master chief and cortana was taken to a depth that hasnt been done before.  i think you developed the character of master chief better in halo 4 than any before you. i personally am looking forward to your next project especially the next halo. you had big shoes to fill and you already outgrew em. keep up the good work!

• Like 6

Well this is a refreshing post, I totally agree people moaning about tiny aspects of the game aspects which I can't see a problem with is just rediculas sure it's not without problems but none of the problems break the game, there were also some balancing issues with the games of old which some of these people seem to convieniently forget! I thought the campaign was excellent too!!

Completely agree.

Though Reaches Legendary Solo seems much more challenging to me.

As I have said many times before, I will buy the games for campaign, regardless of multiplayer. I even consider forge a greater priority over competitive play.

Very well worded and thought out! We need mire people like you!

I agree with you one hundred pecrcent.

You know Reach was a huge leap and everone hated it but now that halo 4 is out its magically a great game now because its something we are use to. I think this will be the same for the up coming halos but I honestly think that the people that complained about it are still playing halo 4. People just have to except change thats all but thats something that has escaped humanity forever so it will be hard.

Great post by the way!

The campaign is my reason for buying any Halo game, I didn't even get into MM until Reach mainly because when it comes to Halo it's the story I love. When Halo 4 was announced I wasn't worried about gameplay or MM, I wanted to know where the story was going to go. And I think 343 did a great job on the story and I can't wait to see where it takes us next.

its a post about the campaign? not alot of people have issues with the campaign or atleast me aside from how short and easy it was mixed with the star wars music. Other than that i enjoyed the campaign The multiplayer is the problem lol.

Yes Tornado, we hear ya. Message received.

You're in the campaign forum.

everyone hates 343 cause the copy cod which they did but they made it better with you having cod players knowing the controls if they didn't none would play another halo game with a different control to it plus 343 wants to pull the old members back because of how bungie was done forever they thought how do we pull in the extra fan base in light bulb moment take a bit from cod and halo and it makes halo 4 ten times better than three but bungie did a great job  

i'm glad i'm not the only crazy one that thinks that 343 did better combining than to have sprint be a thing you can do instead of and armor abillty that was the stupidest thing i heard in reach.

but bungie started the new fuel and 343 is using it well in my opinion 343 keep it up don't listen to the people who hate you and they say they will break the game listen to the people who tell you this is what needs fix and we trust you will find a way 

Sorry to put a negative opinion in a positive post but imo Halo 4 was a very big disappointment for me, the campaign was not created and put together very well. I think didact was a very poor villain 343 hyped him up so much with the "ancient evil awakens" and his symbol appearing all over the internet, in trailers, ign videos and he's in the game no more than 10 mins with a few lines of dialogue, the story was very rushed too much was going on at the same time in a short amount of time, they should have made the campaign at least about 3 levels longer so the story and everything that was happening could unfold a lot smother and at a steady pace. Telling the main points, the vital points of the story and the didact through terminals was a ridiculous thing to do and the fact that we can't watch them in game is worse. Having to leave the game to access the main points and the motivation of the story is.. well bad story production. The levels themselves were kinda boring to me and the repetitive objectives of uploading cortana and pushing switches through out the entire campaign was very boring. 

I'm not keen in some of the new aspects of multiplayer it too gets very boring for me, I was hoping for 343 to make a proper classic playlist along side their new one. I'm not wanting Halo 4 to be like halo 3 I welcome new additions but would like halo 4 to have what I have been enjoying for years, what has made me a fan of the franchise and what has made it a huge success within it's community. 

• Like 1

everyone hates 343 cause the copy cod which they did but they made it better with you having cod players knowing the controls if they didn't none would play another halo game with a different control to it plus 343 wants to pull the old members back because of how bungie was done forever they thought how do we pull in the extra fan base in light bulb moment take a bit from cod and halo and it makes halo 4 ten times better than three but bungie did a great job  

i'm glad i'm not the only crazy one that thinks that 343 did better combining than to have sprint be a thing you can do instead of and armor abillty that was the stupidest thing i heard in reach.

but bungie started the new fuel and 343 is using it well in my opinion 343 keep it up don't listen to the people who hate you and they say they will break the game listen to the people who tell you this is what needs fix and we trust you will find a way 

AUGHGHH MY BRAINS! lol jk jk.

If there was anything I'd need to complain about in Halo 4s campaign, I'd say music. It's great, but not as great as the music of the earler games. Gameplay was awesome, and the story even more so. Multiplayer was pretty cool too, but I won't get too much into that here. 343 did great in my opinion.

Campaign was a 10/10. My ONLY complaints with MM are because I'm not as good as I was at previous Halo titles. But if I can swallow my pride, I'll admit there's nothing really wrong with it other than I need practice. Sometimes I get matched with people I wonder who on earth thought we were in the same skill bracket.

I digress.

This is a campaign post so I'll keep it on point. Legendary solo made me feel like it was a guttural fight to the finish. Ass and elbows all the way until the climax where BOOM! 343 does what Bungie hasn't done in 10 years. They start reinventing EVERYTHING. It's a breath of fresh air.

Oh and by the way, Spartan Ops takes me even further into the storyline, bridging the events of Halo 4 and Halo 5? I'll admit. At first the repetitive recycled maps were a little sketchy. If I had to do Sniper Alley one more time I was gonna stab myself in the face with a spoon. But then... BOOM! Episodes 6 - 10 come out and it's more than I can take! Its dramatic, awesome, new... DYNAMIC!

I say thank you for taking my $60 investment even further guys! The best so far out of the franchise, and believe me, I'm very partial to Halo : CE. I enjoyed this game so damn much...

I do want a little more though. New specializations and new armor permutations would be pretty high speed. But I'm not complaining. I'm just amped about Halo again for the first time in a long time. Awesome job, and awesome post. Couldn't agree more.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, great to see that there Is not all haters In this world of Halo.

Honestly, I can totally agree with you, Halo 4 has great campaign and the music, legit.

I just cant wait to see Halo 5 and the others come out!

Thanks, for making me feel like Im the only one that loves Halo <3.

Great post.

Keep It positive. 

343 Did a great job of making me excited about all of their upcoming Halo games. Its the first time in a long time I've felt excited about a game that hasen't even been announced yet. They have potential to make a really Fantastic game in the future, and I am looking forward to it. :D

(by "not announced", I really mean not shown anything of. I know it is actually announced)

Edited by rrhuntington