Halo 4 is a disgrace.

FatalRecoiil

Ive been a competetive halo player since 2004. Nine years of my life have been influenced by the halo series to an extent. Ive played well over a thousnd hours on xbox live in halo 2 and 3 alone. I know what im talking about when i tell you this game is bad. Let me explain why.

First off these stupid little tweeks 343 felt was necessary to continue from reach. Armor abilities, sprint, ordinance drops, tacticl upgrades? Why? Why was any of that put into halo? Sure it was in reach and youd think 343 would take a hint at the 'shocking' failure bungie had with that and simply reverted back to classic halo. But no. 343 decided that it would create a glorified reach. Sprint brings nothing to the game, strategically speaking, AA is the dumbest idea ever. Like promeath vision, why would you give some one the option to see through a wall??? You might as well just get rid of the damn wall. And now that invis is an AA, campers cant resist from picking up the damn bolt shot and camping behind a cornor.

Speaking of boltshots, why has the numberof one hit kill weapons increased so dramaticly? Bolt shot, stick detenator, railgun incin cannon, bianary rifle. Wy so many? Especially the bianary rifle. No skill involved in shooting someones foot and getting a kill. Not to mention the overpowered assault rifle and shot guns. All of them, assault rifle, shotgun, and boltshot have wayyyyy to much range and power for their range capabilities. Its truley giving more power to the playersin every cornor of the halo community. Also the scatter shot is almost automatic. The br spread is the worst out of any halo title and has absolutley no range.

The spawn system. Jesus christ the spawn system. The spawning system is a half assed attempt at placing players on the map after death. In team doubles i cant spawn near my teammate for **** but both enemies can spawn in my area and pick up the kill. I would much rather be spawn trapped and fight my way out of it than what ever this is. Your instant spawn does nothing but make it easier for god awefull players to rush continuously. And your wexcuse for it is to make the game more fast paced. What was wrong with it before instant spawn???? Why does it need to be spead up? It makes no sense.

343's maps are equivalent to horse ****. I understand they want the community to make the small competetive maps, but we cannot create anything as good as the publishers of the game could. Cosmetics, scenery, decent color coded areas. 343 has the ability to create great maps. But they dont. They make an assanine amount of vehicle maps with little to no small maps.

Ranking system. I honestly could live with out it but come one. Because halo 3's system was riddled with cheats and exploits, your just going to quit? Just give up on the idea of a ranking system???? And in place of a system you give us call of duty style perks n stuff? 343, instead of putting in any decent amou t of work and testing to make a ranking system you just quit. Well if thats the case you may as well just quit the halo series altogether because this is a goddamned joke.

Then you go and pat yourselfs on the back because orginizations like cnn and ign( who play the game for no more than a week or two just to get a first impression) say the game is great and the best yet. Dont startpopin bottles yet cause you should really be listening to the community. The ones who play your product, the ones spend hours on the internet playing your merchandise. I find it ind blowing that it took bravo to get a doubles playlist up and running. Youd think 343 would have done it out of pure logic but no. Bravo convinced them to do it andi congratulate him on that.

Speaking of your playlists, you throw in team objective, takeout odd ball(in team objective) and keep flag (also in objective) andyou also keep crimson dlc, that successful playlist with only 600 players at its peak. Im almost done with rant so in conclusion, 343 should start listening to the community that has logged hours of gameplay on the halo series. Pull your head outof your asses.

Halo 5 should have no customizable loadouts, less bullet magnetisim, a spawn system that isnt the result of iguanna whos diet consistedof halo ce and reaches spawning systems, ranking system, br with decent range, lessover powered one shot kill weapons, no sprint because its murdering the small map portion of the game, no instant spawn, and a beta so we can tell you when youve up..

For the record im not buying halo 5 ima steal that. Your not gettin no money from me. If its bad i swear to god ima mail you halo 4 and 5 disk fragments in an envolope. darn 343 for ruining a great series. I hope you bring back classic halo i really do. But in the mean time you and thats not going to change no matter how many updates you make

EDIT: i like how theyre censoring my posts. So if it dosnt make sense its the forum mods fault. They didnt like my language, so just use your imagination. Yea their seriously editing my **** so take what you want from it.

• Like 4

I tend to agree with this sentiment. I would have liked to have had Halo 3: Part 2 come out rather than this game, but this game bridges the gap between casuals and those who have played better Halos. And the bridge is on fire and those that are staying on are realizing, "Hey man, fire sucks!". But the damage has already done. Best thing to do now is to jump off the bridge before you invest any more time in it or just get burned some more, you know what I mean?

I'll still be playing this game now and then, but that is really how it happens. Just now and then.

BTW, you're gonna get a lot of hate for this. People tend to get sensitive when you insult Halo 4 like you have disgraced their girlfriend's honor or something.

*opens umbrella*

• Like 2

I don't agree with how you said it, but I agree with the overall message.

They continued mechanics from reach that were taking away from the halo experience, not adding to it.

They shouldn't have just accepted all the things that were in reach. Why the hell is the DMR in this game? It only exists because of Halo Reach. There's too many guns in this game that fill the same niche, but they aren't created equal so it only results in an unbalanced experience. If the battle rifle, and carbine had better range, I would be happy with them just taking out the DMR. Not to mention there's the light rifle, so that's....4 rifle weapons when we only needed two.

I would have proof read your post, you say you've been playing the games since 2004 then you should have learned how to post without sounding like a 5 year old.

OP I get were you are coming from. Many had hopped for something different.

I hope that they have actually "learned" something for themselves. 1st thing, finish a game before you release it and take all the fans hard earned money and put it in the bank.

They continued mechanics from reach that were taking away from the halo experience, not adding to it.

They shouldn't have just accepted all the things that were in reach. Why the hell is the DMR in this game? It only exists because of Halo Reach. There's too many guns in this game that fill the same niche, but they aren't created equal so it only results in an unbalanced experience. If the battle rifle, and carbine had better range, I would be happy with them just taking out the DMR. Not to mention there's the light rifle, so that's....4 rifle weapons when we only needed two.

I would have proof read your post, you say you've been playing the games since 2004 then you should have learned how to post without sounding like a 5 year old.

Keep on track minus the personal digs. This OP may well be from a country where English is a second language, just saying.
  • Like 1

No, he is American. He has posted a comprehensive guide covering competitive Halo playing for Halo 4 here and in many other sites and posts quite a bit on the MLG forums (the real MLG forums, not these).

He definitely knows his competitive Halo, which is why this doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

There are definitely things about Halo 4 I don't like. I also know the popular sentiment is that Reach wasn't good, but I liked it a lot. I can see how people hate armor abilities, but I really didn't think they broke the game. I don't play "competitively" and I am an average player, but I had a great time with Reach. Maybe armor abilities shouldn't have ever been introduced, but they are here so it now remains to be seen where the series goes from here. Maybe a return to the pickups of Halo 3?

Series need to evolve. I personally think CoD has been very similar since CoD 4. Yes Treyarch has zombies, but for the most part the games have felt very similar to me. So much so that I already sold BO2. So I don't want every Halo game to be the same. Yes Halo 3 is a great game, but I also thought Reach was a great game (and Halo:CE, 2, ODST).

Halo 4 does have problems that should and hopefully will be resolved a bit in Halo 5. I fear that AA will be here to stay, but maybe it should be more like Reach in that it was a set amount of loadouts depending on the gametype. Everyone shouldn't have sprint, IMO. The Boltshot is a ridiculous weapon and I do think the BR should have some better range. I will say that this is not my favorite Halo, but I do really like the campaign and Spartan Ops. There are things that need to be improved, but I am not anywhere near giving up on this series. I will be playing this game for a while. Campaign, Spartan Ops and yes multiplayer.

• Like 1

this is stupid complaining about the little of things if you can't kill it then you need to work on your skills 343 isn't going to make the game you kill us and we can't kill you game.

i see some points but you can't ask for them to make the game like 3 where it isn't worth my time.

keep your load out but use it in spartan ops or custom games.

(dude just because the game is upgrading doesn't me it isn't good you just need to think outside the box's

BTW, you're gonna get a lot of hate for this. People tend to get sensitive when you insult Halo 4 like you have disgraced their girlfriend's honor or something.

*opens umbrella*

That was just uncalled for...

As for the OP. I understand you dont enjoy the game. Lots of people dont, but lots of people also do enjoy it. I am one of the people who enjoys it.

Sure there are some issues with the game, however mechanically it is fairly sound. That is what I look for in a game. A lot of glitches and bugs were squashed already which allowed people to break maps and what not. The weapons are working as designed. I am fairly happy all around. What you are describing however (in terms of the weapons) is other players choices on how to use said weapons and AA's. That is not something 343 can control. Blame the players doing in rather than the company who made the game.

As for AA's being in the game, I am absolutely happy that they are in it. Sprint allows far more depth in each game as it can mean the difference between life and death. Getting to a power weapon faster than the enemy...ect. It has tons of applications. Do some of them need to be tweeked for balance, sure I can see that being done, but do they need to be removed totally? I dont think so. They add a dimention to the game that Halo, to me, has been sorely lacking. The surprise element that they bring to combat is refreshing as you never know exactly what is around the corner. Promethean vision is easy to counter (it showes everybody that you are using it) and it only last for a few seconds. Its not that big of a deal.

Spawns were a mess in all the Halo games, I dont see how that has changed. I still can go into a Halo 3 game and get destroyed less than 10 seconds after spawning. Heck some of the time I dont even get a chance to move before I get killed. In Halo 4 the game tries to spawn you as far away from each enemy as possible. That isnt a perfect system as everybody is in motion but it does the job fairly well. It is rare where I spawn and I dont even get a chance to move before I die. Most of the time I can even fire back and pop somebodies shields before I go down to massed fire.

Personally I would rather be able to jump back into the action ASAP instead of spending a significant portion of the game in a spawning screen... but thats just me. I dont like sitting around in a match waiting to spawn.

From what I can tell, yours and many other threads on here seem to want Halo 3 gameplay and only Halo 3 gameplay. That is wrong to me. It is a step backwards with what technology we have currently in Halo 4. The game should be evolving (and it is) instead of having a stagnant repeat of past MP experiences. Innovation instead of stagnation. If I want a Halo 3 experience I go and play Halo 3, simple as that. Is it really that difficult of a concept for people to understand (not an insult, but an actual question)?

The petty insults to a company that released a good game (and yes I do consider it a good game) just are not needed, nor will they get you anywhere. You give the impression of a child demanding something and throwing a tantrum because your not getting what you want. I am not trying to insult you (though you might take it that way) but rather give you perspective on how you wrote your thread.

Please keep in mind that a game will never be tailored to what you want. The company makes a game to fit a wide range of different people.

You mention that they should listen to the community, yet which part of the community should they listen too? Many in the community have cried out for years to speed the game up. Now that it has, its too fast... Many complained that it wasnt customizable enough, now its too customizable. 343 has listened to the community yet the community will never be content with what they have. It's just the way it is. People complain that Halo 4 is not competitive. I disagree with every fiber of my being. The Halo series has never been competitive, its the players who bring that competitiveness to the game through their own actions and mindsets. If you want it to be competitive then play it competitively.

Most of the complaints that have been outlined are caused by how players choose to play the game, not that the game itself is broken. Personal issues with a game (such as "the boltshot is OP") are not fact for anyone beyond the person giving said opinion. It does not mean the game is a bad game, only that you yourself dont enjoy it. There are lots of games out there that I dont like, doesnt make them bad games.

• Like 1

No, it wasn't. I didn't single any specific users out, so if anybody found that bit offensive then odds are they are too sensitive about this game and my point was made valid in the first place. Secondly, it gets to the point when you don't even want to say something negative about the game unless you want 20 people jumping on you defending the game by the sword like we're in Medieval Times or something.

Not everybody cares about the other side's counter argument. They just know they don't like this Halo and that is it. Same thing with people that like the game, they don't want to hear all the negativity about it all the time. They just know they like it and that is it. I'm sorry my metaphor wasn't politically correct if that is what you'd like to hear, but the sentiment is true. You gotta walk on eggshells when discussing an opinion on this game, good or bad because people here easily take offense for some reason, as if they were personally being attacked which isn't the case at all. I'm not arguing with you Frog, as I respect you and you are a good user, but I am standing by what I said. People get too defensive about this game. On both sides, it just happened to be the "I like Halo 4 a lot camp" this time because it was coinciding with the OP.

• Like 1

OP I get were you are coming from. Many had hopped for something different.

I hope that they have actually "learned" something for themselves. 1st thing, finish a game before you release it and take all the fans hard earned money and put it in the bank.

Keep on track minus the personal digs. This OP may well be from a country where English is a second language, just saying.

Sorry

Ive been a competetive halo player since 2004. Nine years of my life have been influenced by the halo series to an extent. Ive played well over a thousnd hours on xbox live in halo 2 and 3 alone. I know what im talking about when i tell you this game is bad. Let me explain why.

First off these stupid little tweeks 343 felt was necessary to continue from reach. Armor abilities, sprint, ordinance drops, tacticl upgrades? Why? Why was any of that put into halo? Sure it was in reach and youd think 343 would take a hint at the 'shocking' failure bungie had with that and simply reverted back to classic halo. But no. 343 decided that it would create a glorified reach. Sprint brings nothing to the game, strategically speaking, AA is the dumbest idea ever. Like promeath vision, why would you give some one the option to see through a wall??? You might as well just get rid of the damn wall. And now that invis is an AA, campers cant resist from picking up the damn bolt shot and camping behind a cornor.

Speaking of boltshots, why has the numberof one hit kill weapons increased so dramaticly? Bolt shot, stick detenator, railgun incin cannon, bianary rifle. Wy so many? Especially the bianary rifle. No skill involved in shooting someones foot and getting a kill. Not to mention the overpowered assault rifle and shot guns. All of them, assault rifle, shotgun, and boltshot have wayyyyy to much range and power for their range capabilities. Its truley giving more power to the playersin every cornor of the halo community. Also the scatter shot is almost automatic. The br spread is the worst out of any halo title and has absolutley no range.

He spawn system. Jesus christ the spawn system. The spawning system is a half assed attempt at placing players on the map after death. In team doubles i cant spawn near my teammate for both enemies can spawn in my area and pick up the kill. I would much rather be spawn trapped and fight my way out of it than what ever this is. Your instant spawn does nothing but make it easier for god awefull players to rush continuously. And your wexcuse for it is to make the game more fast paced. What was wrong with it before instant spawn???? Why does it need to be spead up? It makes no sense.

343's maps are equivalent to a horse . I understand they want the community to make the small competetive maps, but we cannot create anything as good as the publishers of the game could. Cosmetics, scenery, decent color coded areas. 343 has the ability to create great maps. But they dont. They make an assanine amount of vehicle maps with little to no small maps.

Ranking system. I honestly could live with out it but come one. Because halo 3's system was riddled with cheats and exploits, your just going to quit? Just give up on the idea of a ranking system???? And in place of a system you give us call of duty style perks n stuff? 343, instead of putting in any decent amou t of work and testing to make a ranking system you just quit. Well if thats the case you may as well just quit the halo series altogether because this is a goddamned joke.

Then you go and pat yourselfs on the back because orginizations like cnn and ign( who play the game for no more than a week or two just to get a first impression) say the game is great and the best yet. Dont startpopin bottles yet cause you should really be listening to the community. The ones who play your product, the ones spend hours on the internet playing your merchandise. I find it ind blowing that it took bravo to get a doubles playlist up and running. Youd think 343 would have done it out of pure logic but no. Bravo convinced them to do it andi congratulate him on that.

Speaking of your playlists, you throw in team objective, takeout odd ball(in team objective) and keep flag (also in objective) andyou also keep crimson dlc, that successful playlist with only 600 players at its peak. Im almost done with rant so in conclusion, 343 should start listening to the community that has logged hours of gameplay on the halo series. Pull your head outof your asses.

Halo 5 should have no customizable loadouts, less bullet magnetisim, a spawn system that isnt the result of iguanna whos diet consistedof halo ce and reaches spawning systems, ranking system, br with decent range, lessover powered one shot kill weapons, no sprint because its murdering the small map portion of the game, no instant spawn, and a beta so we can tell you when youve up..

For the record im not buying halo 5 ima steal that. Your not gettin no money from me. If its bad i swear to god ima mail you halo 4 and 5 disk fragments in an envolope. darn 343 for ruining a great series. I hope you bring back classic halo i really do. But in the mean time you and thats not going to change no matter how many updates you make

now i do agree with u on spawns a bit messed up but loadouts are the fhuture of halo itself also the game did ship with about 3 or 4 small maps and foged small maps are bhng implted into war games also did u know that 343 are launching a csr treu skill system in mid april on waypoint i also agree with 343 by putting regicde team king of the hill and oddball togher why becase they where apart from crimson the most unplayed playists

overall halo 4 is 343s first attempt at a halo game apart from cea kinda and they did well some things u may not like but i promise halo 4 is getting bettter by eatch week and halo 5 will be halo 2 all over agin EPIC just have faith

I have to say while I still play the game everything you said is true and there are many more issues that could be discussed aswell..

All in all compared to pre-reach Halo this game is plain old S**t and no amount of updates will fix that, however its to late now so play it or leave it are our only options.

Its the truth, people will say rubbish like this is 343's first game blah blah blah, but the facts remain its poor and were it not called Halo 343 would no longer exist.

You obviously dont know what a rant is. And for the rest of you who are offended by my post deal with it. I posted it right after my session of amazing host matches and spawn kills.

Look i understand allot of people enjoy the game. Theyre what we call casual gamers. Allot of casal gamers enjoyed halo 2 and 3. Thats probably why they did so well, casual players mixed with serious gamers. Since halo reach dropped the competitive players have been phased out. Were not having fun and dont have another game to go to. Most pros are trying to make a statment by switching to cod. I just dont understand why they think they need to extend theyre fan-base to every casual player on xbl and leave out the competetive players.

And the worst part is,... I tried with this game. Ever since it dropped. Ive been playing understanding the physics and everything else you can think of. Im simply losing patients. And if halo 5 is going to be anything like 4, 343 descend from your throne and tell me now ill take my *** back to halo 3.

i'll give you a tip

make a own game and we will see how good it is

i can agree some stuff are stupid but it doesn't make the game unplayable

Yea I agree with you man. It's not easy making an amazing game. Just because someone wants something, doesn't mean you can always have it. Like I still enjoy playing halo 4. Sure, there are a lot of things that annoy me and wish that they were different but there's nothing you can really do about it. The games still fun for me, I don't know about you however...

Yea I agree with you man. It's not easy making an amazing game. Just because someone wants something, doesn't mean you can always have it. Like I still enjoy playing halo 4. Sure, there are a lot of things that annoy me and wish that they were different but there's nothing you can really do about it. The games still fun for me, I don't know about you however...

No doubt its not easy. But when you have three legendary games back to back, youd figure they would stick with the original formula.

• Like 1

No doubt its not easy. But when you have three legendary games back to back, youd figure they would stick with the original formula.

That's the ultimate question, isn't it? When is it time for a game to move on, to try some new stuff?

I will agree that Halo 4 isn't the best Halo. There are lots of problems with it, lots of things to make better and to improve on. From my standpoint, games have to splinter from their original formulas at some point in order to not just be successful, but to actually BE LEGENDARY. I agree with a lot of the things you are saying in your post. I also think that this was the PERFECT time for Halo to try something new, to go in another direction, because there is a new company making it now!

343 isn't Bungie. They don't want to be. They needed to make Halo 4 THEIR game, and they did, albeit not flawlessly. I'm looking forward to the next Halo's that will come out in the future. In the meantime, I'm enjoying playing this one.

• Like 1

That's the ultimate question, isn't it? When is it time for a game to move on, to try some new stuff?

I will agree that Halo 4 isn't the best Halo. There are lots of problems with it, lots of things to make better and to improve on. From my standpoint, games have to splinter from their original formulas at some point in order to not just be successful, but to actually BE LEGENDARY. I agree with a lot of the things you are saying in your post. I also think that this was the PERFECT time for Halo to try something new, to go in another direction, because there is a new company making it now!

343 isn't Bungie. They don't want to be. They needed to make Halo 4 THEIR game, and they did, albeit not flawlessly. I'm looking forward to the next Halo's that will come out in the future. In the meantime, I'm enjoying playing this one.

lets all just look at cod and how it stayed the same and now makes this game look bad :(.

lets all just look at cod and how it stayed the same and now makes this game look bad :(.

I think that, again, there are differing opinion on that. I think that, while CoD makes lots of money, the game really isn't great. The CoD franchise is legendary, but the CoD games are not at this point. People buy them because that's what they think they should do. I can tell you right now that people won't stand for CoD games that just recycle gameplay and textures over and over, which is what is starting to happen.

I like that Halo is trying a different direction. You're also right by saying that CoD plays better than Halo 4 does right now, because it really does. That being said, I'd much rather play Halo 4 than CoD, and you want to know why? Because I can appreciate Halo 4. The game is unique, unlike the CoD games are.

There are lots of different perspectives though.

• Like 1

I think that, again, there are differing opinion on that. I think that, while CoD makes lots of money, the game really isn't great. The CoD franchise is legendary, but the CoD games are not at this point. People buy them because that's what they think they should do. I can tell you right now that people won't stand for CoD games that just recycle gameplay and textures over and over, which is what is starting to happen.

I like that Halo is trying a different direction. You're also right by saying that CoD plays better than Halo 4 does right now, because it really does. That being said, I'd much rather play Halo 4 than CoD, and you want to know why? Because I can appreciate Halo 4. The game is unique, unlike the CoD games are.

Im all for the advancement of games. But when it completely gets rid of the classic feeling and plays like a completely different game, thats where i draw the line. I wouldn't mind all these add ons, i really wouldn't, if they were optional. I would have no problem with the game if it had both the current halo 4 attributes and classical competitive halo settings as well. In that scenario it would appeal to almost all gamers in a sense. But they made the settings so limited in custom game options, were forced (no mattar how much we tweak it) to play this version of call of duty.

• Like 3

Ahhh Yes... this is why i never touched cod untill reach Because halo was unique and every other game went and copied cod forumla. Now it seems halo 4 went and did this to and went away with being unique by copying things from its competitor that has been beating it and it didn't work. i still play maybe 1 game of halo a day before i just can't handle how frustrating it has become i'm winning going postive and still wanting to throw my xbox out the window after every game.

Change it good but like Fatal said Forced change will never win fans. Its annoying to not beable to change settings so you can simply Not instantly respawn and such.

• Like 1

Im all for the advancement of games. But when it completely gets rid of the classic feeling and plays like a completely different game, thats where i draw the line. I wouldn't mind all these add ons, i really wouldn't, if they were optional. I would have no problem with the game if it had both the current halo 4 attributes and classical competitive halo settings as well. In that scenario it would appeal to almost all gamers in a sense. But they made the settings so limited in custom game options, were forced (no mattar how much we tweak it) to play this version of call of duty.

I'm definitely with you. I'm saying the execution isn't there, I think most can agree on that. On the other hand, I appreciate that 343 tried to go another direction with the game, even if it isn't comparatively great.

Also, welcome to the forums! I hope you'll stay with us :)

• Like 2

While I dislike how the the community constantly screams that Halo is dying, I agree with some parts.

I dislike you people on a personal level, but there ARE some things I agree with. However, a lot of you people are flipping out over something that only adds to the player's personal experience.

Sprinting. It's always made me rage how I can only go at a fast walk when I'm being shot at by a sniper. All Sprinting does is add that little bit of temporary speed in to the game. Let you get around that much quicker. I fail to see ANY issue with sprinting. It's pretty basic for most shooters.

Loadouts. What. Is wrong. With going in. With your own personally selected weapons? There's no more freaking the **** out and raging because you can NEVER find your favorite gun. No more fighting because someone got that battle rifle before you. I personally love weapon load outs because they allow each player their own personal game play strategy without rushing to get the best weapons first. Sure that can be fun in FFA matches, but in a team game you're depriving your team mates of guns that would give them an edge due to their skill by taking that weapon. With the option to go in with your best weapons, you're offering better skills to your team mates and to the game so that everyone can be at their best every game.

Armor Abilities. I have to say the same. Picking up cloaking and such in the battle field is nice, but frustrating and extremely limited. In Halo 3 there was, at most, a cloak and two over shields in every map. And that's all that there ever was. Ever. And it was irritating as hell because almost ALWAYS someone else got to it first. And while I do agree that some armor abilities are over powered or pointless, the majority of them are still very nice and give a nice feel to the game. You never know what your opponent is going to have and it makes you adapt and keep on your toes, while giving you the same advantages against others.

Weapons. This is where I have some of my biggest issues with the game. Forerunner weapons obviously have the largest damage output and are really overpowered. As mentioned in the OP, the Scattergun is a good example. While fairly innacurate, anything within 10 feet is going to be pulverized. And while I don't use it much, the Boltshot is rather overpowered, especially with the charge shot ability. And the Forerunner sniper, while having half the ammo and clip size as the human sniper, AND a laser sight, it is still extremely difficult to NOT die when someone has this thing. While extremely lore friendly, this is ridiculous. And as also mentioned before, there are a LOT of instagib weapons that could be pulled back a bit.

Specializations and abilities. Personally I'm fine with these. I believe that they could be given to players a little earlier, at say rank 30, but otherwise I'm perfectly fine with these. The upgrades aren't that bad so it's still pretty fair all things considered, and the fact that you earn weapon skins with it is pretty cool.

Overall, the game isn't dying. It's simply evolving and changing. It isn't making GIANT changes that are going to completely destroy the game. Its just adding bits and pieces here and there to improve the game. If you don't like it, fine. But Halo is NOT CoD. Its going to change, and its going to remain a unique, fun experience.

...Excuse me, what? What did you just say? Please, explain to me how a game that hasn't changed since the first Modern Warfare is better then a game that is evolving, trying new things, and has a real storyline that isn't copy/pasted from history or a war book.