Halo 4 is a disgrace.

FatalRecoiil

Okay so this is my take on the Rant! He's mad because halo 4 is not all that he had hoped for and dreamed of oh well! honestly I feel the same way but this is realy 343's first game thay don't have the talent and resources bungie did and 50 years experience. thay came out with one game be4 this one and that was a remake of a 10 year old game halo 1 so this is a new ballgame for everyone at 343 I personaly don't like cod games at all I like the halo multiplayer custom content and story line of halo as an fps set in a sy-fy universe. you wil not catch me playing cod ever. it's going to be a wile before maps are finished rolling out for this game playlists are finished being updated and no one realy knows what the future holds for 343. but I can say this it's not to late to fix what you have wronged this hatefull post is stuped and annoying at most but he has 1 point that I think needs to be heard. witch is listen to your community. if this community is not happy your devs wont be happy and no inspiration for making of good new halo content. talented artests designers and innovative idias went in to halo for the past 10 years and new all that has been desined and made has been handed over to a group of people knowen as 343 strictly for making one game. A game we all know and love as Halo not Halo 4 Not Halo Reach alltho it was a nice take HALO is the game that changed the way we play fps's combat evolved was the name of the game! The combat in Halo 4 is not so evolved at all. its more like dumed down space aged version of cod. I would like to point out that even bungie had troubles when halo 2 came out where dule wealding was overpowering and thay fixed that problem in an update. I don't see an reason why 343 cant fix the problem with thare over powering weapons. As for problums with the battle rifle & the dmr, I think personaly that the dmr looks like crap & dosent belong in halo dosent look like a weapon M.C. would use at all but I do like the way it shoots. The battle rifle looks good but the display looks like crap & it shoots like crap not to mention it sounds like a soda can. I think if you take the best of both of these weapons you might be getting somewhere. like 1 battle rifle with secondary function so you can have 3 shot burst or 1 burst shot. A lot of the other weapons alredy have 2 ways to shoot them for instance you can charge some weapons. Also Halo 4 needs some brighter well lit maps like forge world. basic blue sky green grass, I persoanly like big maps but not if thares not a way to get around quick enough. I'm not saying bring back forge world. but I woulde'nt mind a new big forge world where you brought back 3 other great maps all compiled in to one big forge world 2. also can we get some nice shiny scenery instead of some monochrome retextured old models from halo reach forge. I want to buld forrunner type are bulding's with nice lights and les flares the dynamic lighting system was a good idia but forgeing should not break dynamic lighting. Please Fix what is wrong with this game. listen to your community. we are not so much your fans yet we are just hopeing you will be our hero's we the fans need this game fixed and your the only one's who can do that. or no ones going to play it and no ones going to by halo 5. & halo will be a thing of the past & I realy don't want that to happen. as a huge fan and player of halo and multiplayer enviorment artest for halo custom edition for almost 10 years I can honestly say halo 4 is not my cup of tea I play it yeah but I am praying to god you guys fix what is wrong and tweek the game to the fair and fun compeditive innovative game we all know and love. I am new on this site and I don't post much but I will be hear learking looking and watching you 343, god bless.

Tornado, anyone can dominate someone with ANY gun. using a gun is up to YOU. The gun you use does not dictate whether or not you will emerge victorious. How many times have you seen people with rockets, get completely decimated by someone with a magnum or even an assault rifle. Just because you get killed by the same weapon being weilded, does not mean that particular weapon is OP or unbalanced. Everything has a counter in the game...you just need to find it and use it effectively.

Some guns are better than others in more situations, and I see people with rockets get "completely decimated" only occasionally by people with assault rifles or magnums. You can push a rocket user enough to make them commit suicide, but even getting that close usually requires them to look elsewhere or reload.

I agree that getting killed by a weapon doesn't make it OP or imbalanced, but it sure as hell doesn't automatically make all guns "balanced" either since they all EVENTUALLY kill people. Just because over time they will eventually all get kills doesn't mean they're all just as good as one another.

The idea that players can just whip out "counters" to weapons as easily as changing your hand from "paper" to "rock" is a bit silly too. You tend to have to die a bit before you can acquire the ideal tool, and then you need circumstances to allow you to use it, which tends to correlate with how good that tool is. If you're trying to deal with a sniper by counter-sniping (Which could be the only option in the game you're playing, it might be the worst option in another game), then you first need the rifle and then a moment's peace to use it. If the sniper's team has you flanked there is no "counter" that will counter both the guys up close and the guy far away perfectly.

Also as I say in my first sentence, some guns are just better in more situations, and since you can't predict every situation, you go with the most versatile. DMR > BR in every situation except SWAT. Rocket Launcher > Assault Rifle as long as the Rocket Launcher hasn't just begun its reload within CQB range.

i'll give you a tip

make a own game and we will see how good it is

i can agree some stuff are stupid but it doesn't make the game unplayable

Yes, Halo 4 has a few (alot) of problem's, but it does not make the game a disgrace. I still play the game everyday, even with it's many flaw's, but happily, they are centred around Multiplayer Matchmaking. I like the Campaign and love Sp-Op's.

Sadly MM was hit with a case of Loadout overdose and over thinking. I agree with most of what is said, regarding the posting, but to call it a disgrace, it too far.

Yeah, Bungie moved to 343 and the stupididty of Halo Reach folloed, but they still made a good game. Halo 4 is not Halo, not anymore, it does not feel like Halo and Loadout's prove that. Armour Abilities introduced in Halo Reach are here to stay, but i totally disagree with the extra AA's, as they are pointless. Making the Warthog weaker, just so you HAVE to have use Wheelman is a joke. Sprint that does not work when you get shot, it is just stupid. Flinch is a prime example of Bungie's stupidity, and having to waste a slot in your Loadout to counter it, is not a good idea, just like Dexterity. You are playing a Spartan, a super soldier for crap's sake, why would a suer soldier need Dexterity ???

Prometheon Vision is like Armour Lock in Halo Reach, good, but not wanted. HATED !!!

Half the Abilities in the Loadout's are just pure lunacy. However, Sp-Op's is good, the Campaign is good, MM is flawed, yet you can still play it, even if it is frustrating most of the time.

Oh, yeah, bring back "Firefight"

Edited by Absolute Dog
Removed content.

i'll give you a tip

make a own game and we will see how good it is

i can agree some stuff are stupid but it doesn't make the game unplayable

Assuming I had a directorial position in the game's development and was therefore a chief decision-maker, I love it when people say things like "you couldn't do any better."

I assure you I could have done MUCH better, and I bet a lot of people on here could have done better too. I don't say that with a lot of pride because it would have been easy to make Halo 4 better than it is (Again, assuming we're just taking the helm at a development studio, not following the paths in life that actually get you the position).

What you fail to realize is that Halo 4's biggest problems come from the direction they took the game, not coding mistakes or lack of project coordination. The problem with Halo 4 is that the people who made it liked another shooter more than they liked Halo. There is also blatant incompetence like putting a Gauss on just one side of Exile.

All of that makes me think "Wow, some simple proficiency with the game as well as making different decisions than these would have made this game much better." I also didn't need to see the stupid decisions made to know they were stupid, I would never have even considered making the game like it is. The lack of inspiration, competence, and direction present in this game is astounding.

So if I ever get the helm at a major game studio handling a developer's flagship title I'll let you know, and then you can play it and see how well I did. Although I admit at this point Halo 4 is so awful that if I got control of a game like Crysis 4 I'd probably make it play like Halo out of wistful desperation, lol.

Nah that's not true, I'd try to familiarize myself with the franchise and then expand on it while honoring its traditions. I would NOT spend all my effort copying other shooters, and I would NOT do things so wildly stupid as assymetrical power distribution in symmertrical gametypes/maps. If I had the opportunity before I took the job I'd try to make sure I had a good idea of the game I was supposed to make. I doubt I'd have that time if the opportunity arose, and the opportunity will never arise since I'm not in the gaming industry, but I would never just copy a lot of other games. Some features are good, but I would never try to morph one game into another because I know enough to know that is a horrible move from all perspectives.

Halo 4 is SO bad and SO mismanaged that I can think of fewer ways to do it worse than I can think of to do it better. You could neglect your programming staff, allowing the game to be glitchier. That kills a game right off. You could copy another shooter MORE... Yeah that's about all the ways I can think of to make it worse. I'm sure I could do more if I took the time, but I can think of SO MANY MORE ways to make it BETTER.

On a side note, calling an inane statement like yours a "tip" is pretentious at best.

Tornado, anyone can dominate someone with ANY gun. using a gun is up to YOU. The gun you use does not dictate whether or not you will emerge victorious. How many times have you seen people with rockets, get completely decimated by someone with a magnum or even an assault rifle. Just because you get killed by the same weapon being weilded, does not mean that particular weapon is OP or unbalanced. Everything has a counter in the game...you just need to find it and use it effectively.

Instant respawn had been widely accepted. Don't try using those population figures to try to say that instant respawn is the sole reason why there is any fluxuation in population. that's just you "trying" to prove your opinion as fact. FACT is, no one can say exactly why or how the population is fluxuating the way it is. It's all to easy to point to somethign and say "Look at the population! it must be (insert claim here)". Please try to formulate a better rebutle.

And since when am I known as beign Mr Niceguy? People like this OP only understand one thing...low level straight to the point replies. I see no reason to be nice or even play nice to anyone, and I will continue to not do so. Tough love is my style...you should be used to that by now.

Instant respawn had been widely accepted? Why are playlist getting rid of instant respawn week in and week out? surely its not cause of feedback?

Erm you have to play the game to understand the only reason these weapons are op is because they are loadout weapons.

You see when Br is a starting weapon and dmr is pick up Its totaly fine. The Br is decent close range great midrange and decent long range

The dmr is godly at every range. EVERY Range.

like i said the Dmr is only overpowered when it is a loadout weapon Other than that its ok.

Here we go again... I can't believe people are STILL posting these. The OP's rant just adds up to "re-release Halo 3." Folks need to realize that there is a big difference between a game being different from its predecessors and actually being bad or unbalanced.

Halo 3 was just such a balanced game that it is used as a basleline upon which future editions should have been made.

Sure change can be good but a lot of the time its not..

Honestly why do we all spend so much time repeating the same rubbish in thread after thread, I have to say its getting boring at this stage. We all know that compared to Halo 2 +3 this game doesn't stand up, but it is what it is. Maybe they should have called it a new name or something, who knows who cares???