New moderator + Spam Bots + 100 members

Twam

Hello Everyone,

It seems that we are getting spammed with bots that seem to be only advertising adult content. I have setup some spam precautions, such as now all IP's that connect to this site are compared to a database of Spam IP's provided by <!-- m -->http://www.spamhaus.org<!-- m -->.

But this will not solve our spam problem, so i will be getting to start 1 new Moderator so that we can keep this under control.n Who this New Moderator will be i have yet to decide. Please dont spam me with requests to be a Moderator i will choose myself. If the person i choose does not follow our rules and is disrespectful he will be demoted and replaced.

Anyways, I would also like to congratulate us, now this forum has over 100 members. Prize giveaways will probably still be at the 500 Member mark but im not sure. We are deciding if we will stay with our current forum system or move to something else, not to worry our current database would be converted so we would not lose anything.

That is all for now, just wanted to post a small update to let members know what is going on.

Im new here. I just want to say that i also think your text is to bright to see. Also the web is far to in ya face to stare to long at anything written on it. My last gripe with the site is. If your gonna be discussing something as big as Halo. Then having a shout box is just welcoming spammers and haters. Other than that , this is a very kwl and interesting forum :D

• 3 weeks later...

lol, there some right now

Haha Excellent. I am glad I got in here early. I have only been on about a week or so here. I like that I have a lot more freedom in the forums here to talk about future stuff. One of the Forge forums I am regularly on is really picky about how often you can post and what you can say about future halo projects.

This is the issue with letting the community pick a moderator...everyone is just going to vote for themselves.

however, as i have had experience in this area from many forums, i would like to put myself forward as i can deal with the situation quickly

EDIT: have 2 mods, 1 EU and 1 NA, so we have both timezones sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if you're still giving Moderator positions or not(if not, it's perfectly fine.), but I'd be willing to look through the board during the day and help keep things from possibly getting out of hand. I'm usually not too far from my PC most of the day, so I could lurk around and keep an eye on stuff. I've had my own forums before (though they've eventually failed due to a lack of activity), and moderated on a few of my friend's boards so I've had some experience with moderating.