New moderator + Spam Bots + 100 members

Twam

Hello Everyone,

It seems that we are getting spammed with bots that seem to be only advertising adult content. I have setup some spam precautions, such as now all IP's that connect to this site are compared to a database of Spam IP's provided by <!-- m -->http://www.spamhaus.org<!-- m -->.

But this will not solve our spam problem, so i will be getting to start 1 new Moderator so that we can keep this under control.n Who this New Moderator will be i have yet to decide. Please dont spam me with requests to be a Moderator i will choose myself. If the person i choose does not follow our rules and is disrespectful he will be demoted and replaced.

Anyways, I would also like to congratulate us, now this forum has over 100 members. Prize giveaways will probably still be at the 500 Member mark but im not sure. We are deciding if we will stay with our current forum system or move to something else, not to worry our current database would be converted so we would not lose anything.

That is all for now, just wanted to post a small update to let members know what is going on.

• Like 3

SWEET the sight is going to grow and get really large... you should send ads on places with major usage. like facebook myspace or some mmorpg's jus giving out ideas if you would like them

that will be cool... for the update you should keep things simple but make them look beter it would work out really great. and werent you a moderator before because you are an admin and i thought you were a moderator

Well i deleted all the Bots posts and banned it.

Requirements to be a moderator is just to be willing to scan the forums for spam and delete topics make by bots and ban them as well. Just needs to drop by the forum at least once a day.

Also Signatures should be active please let me know if anyone is having trouble. As well as there not being a limit on PMing so please let me know if you guys are able to PM. Since spam is such a big problem i will be promoting someone to moderator really soon since i dont want to wait and have the bored full of spam.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would be nice to get this website a good following. Maybe get some logical conversations or debates going as well. The more topics the better. So I'll mention this sight to some of my other friends who also have an interest in the upcoming Halo games.